TEFL Campus Phuket/Chiang Mai

April 2017 Class Selfie
April 2017 Class Selfie
Thai sunsets
Thai sunsets

TEFL Campus offers two-course formats for your TESOL/TEFL certification and training. One option is a 4-week, in-class course, while the other is a combined/hybrid course where you study TEFL theory and language awareness online before completing training in-class for two weeks. Both formats include observed teaching practice with real students.

We are validated by Lamar University (Texas, USA), licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, and independently moderated by Dr. David Hopkins. Our certificates are issued by TEFL International, which works with over 25 TEFL centers around the world. Together, we offer worldwide job support which is guaranteed and ever expires.

Additional services include visa and pre-arrival assistance, accommodation bookings, organized outings, a welcome meal, relocation assistance, 24-hr emergency assistance and access to our community of graduates.

We offer discounts throughout the year, and grads get a free online course worth $ 250.

• Price-match guarantee.
  • 98% Overall Customer Satisfaction.
  • Guaranteed, lifetime job support.
  • Credit-bearing, university-level validation.
  • Locations in Phuket and Chiang Mai.

Schools generally hire when they need teachers which is the beginning of the school year but from what I've seen, there are jobs being offered all year round (not as many choices thought). Each school has difference starting dates as a lot of the schools are private and choose their own holidays.

We received job placement information. Throughout the course we were offered to apply for a wide range of jobs from all over Thailand. After you complete the course, you are added onto a Tefl campus graduate Facebook page where jobs are posted all the time. Tefl Campus helped us refine and develop a good cv specific for teaching in Thailand and they prepared us on how to have a good demo lesson in...

I went to Phuket with my wife, and during the course we spent roughly $300 per week. So $150 per week per person should do you well. We mostly spent money on food and drinks, didn't make any tourist purchases. You could spend even less if you wanted to, but we ate at decent restaurants. Street food is incredibly cheap, and some people survive on that, but it is all fried and not particularly...

I checked their website and it looks like both a college degree and teaching experience aren't required! If you want more information take a look:

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 8.8
  • Instruction 9.6
  • Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 8.9
  • Instruction 10
Sanjay Kumar

Excellent course, excellent trainers, excellent experience.

I recently completed my TEFL
in-class training in Phuket with TEFL Campus. I always aspire to have a well-versed native English teacher as my trainer and I got this golden opportunity here. Eric and Simon were my trainers. They are the epitome of real language mavens. This four weeks course was a well thought of extensive course where
our trainers used to begin the class with theory , grammar and pronunciation frameworks in the morning.Later in the afternoons,
we put these pedagogic knowledge into practice by teaching to the local ESL students. As my batch was small we enjoyed a lot of personal attention and guidance from our trainers.I learnt a lot and sharpened my skills everyday.This course is a game changer. The practical hands-on experience and direct feedback took my teaching to new heights.If you are looking for TESOL course as a possible career choice then TEFL Campus is exactly where you want to be! ( I can't recommend TEFL Campus enough.) Go for it !

What was your funniest moment?
When I prepared my lesson for wrong class level.☺️😊
Ingrid

Recommended!

The 4 week course at the TEFL Campus in Phuket was challenging and intense. Be prepared for long days - sometimes starting at 9am and finishing up at 8.30pm. There are a number o days when you finish at 12.30pm and I felt that I would have preferred longer days so that the course could be reduced. I do understand that there's a lot to digest so this extra intensity wouldn't work for everyone.

The location of the campus is great - it's a short walk from the main bus stop and there are great restaurants nearby. Best dim sum about 2 doors down!

Don't expect this to be and idle time - you need to attend all classes, prepare and teach lessons (big highlight!), do homework and study.

If you are prepared for this, then you'll find the course rewarding and getting your certificate at the end of it is a great feeling of accomplishment! Of course it's always a bonus to meet new people and make new friends!

I would consolidate it more. Some days were really long and there were a number of short days - personally I would have preferred fewer short days so that the overall course could be a bit shorter.
Saray

TEFL Campus October 2019

I took the course last October and I can truly say it was the best decision I could've made. From the first moment, they give you all the support you may need before arriving to Phuket, and they answer any questions about Visa, accommodation, transportation or the course.
Once you arrive to Phuket, you will feel like at home. The trainers are very professional and they provide you with lots of useful techniques, so you feel ready to become a teacher after the course.
I learnt a lot from observing them teaching. But the best thing for me was that I had the opportunity to teach 6 times before leaving the course. They offer free English classes to Thai children and adults, so you can have a real teaching experience during the course, as well as you can put into practice what you're learning.
In addition, they provide a great job support. They give you many resources and tips to find a job in the country that you'd like.

I truly recommend this program to anyone that wants to teach English abroad or online. It's a great experience because it gives you the opportunity to get to know Thailand and learn a lot from professional and experienced teachers.
It is an intense program, but it is worth it! Come with an open mind and the willingness to teach Thai students from all ages. You'll love it from the very first day!
Clara Josefina

TESOL training course in Phuket Thailand

I have really enjoyed this course. It was a complete challenge for me, lot of learning and studying but also real-life teaching which made all the effort more than worthy. I am totally happy about my decision of doing the training in TEFL CAMPUS PHUKET. Since the minute I sent a msg requiring information, I've been supported by their professional staff. As I am not a native speaker I had a lot of doubts about my capability to achieve the course but I have never felt I was not prepared for it. You just need to be dedicated, put a lot of effort and be disposed to learn every day something new.
You will meet people from all around the world with different goals and proposes in life, and that is amazing. The location is also a plus, you will be able to enjoy this beautiful island during the weekends which is great to refresh your mind.
It also opens a lot of doors related to teaching jobs all around Asia. Be sure you will find a job right after the course ends if that is your objective.

If you are a traveler and you like speaking English and sharing your skills with others (in general) this is a great tool to create and use while you are traveling. You will be able to work in many different places doing something much more gratifying and also you will be helping people to be connected with the rest of the world which is important and necessary for those that have fewer opportunities.
Clara Josefina

TESOL TRAINING COURSE - OCTOBER 2019

I´ve done the TESOL training course in Phuket during October 2019. I am more than grateful for this opportunity. It is a challenge course, almost one-month learning grammar and phonetics, preparing different kinds of lesson plans and course teaching to real Thai students. Even the fact I am a not native speaker I always felt motivated and prepared for it. The course is made for all of those that are good at English and think being a teacher could be a great opportunity for them. All the members of TEFL Campus Phuket staff work with absolute professionalism. It is a nice environment where studying is comfortable and enjoyable. The job support part is also something to remarked, they helped me a lot to adapt my cv for English teaching job researches and also with sources where to find job opportunities all around the world. I definitely recommend this course.

If you like teaching and the English language and you want to work around the world doing something more interesting, this is the course for you. It opens many doors.
Meaghan

Great course and environment

A friend of mine took this course two years ago and had nothing but great things to say about the course.
After chatting with her about her experience and wanting a new life experience for myself, I knew Phuket and TEFL Campus were the way to go.
From my first inquiry, Eric was nothing but helpful, answered all of my questions and provided information about the course and Phuket.
I choose to get the premium package as it offers accommodations for the month, which was very comforting knowing that I had a secured place to live while taking the course. Highly suggest Phuket Center Apartments.
The course itself is in a great area, with plenty of restaurants and shops around. No shortage of amazing Thai food in Phuket Town.
All in all - highly recommend Eric, Simon and the team at TEFL Campus to further your education or take a new step in life!

My advice to future travellers on this program would be to enjoy every moment of it!
Pay attention in class, do your assignments first and then go out and enjoy the beauty of Phuket.
Dominic

Great Course, excellent instructors, lifelong job support.

I took the TEFL Campus Phuket course and it was truly top notch. The instructors were professional, but friendly, and incredibly helpful even outside of the course. The observed teaching practices were very helpful with a full review and feedback session immediately after each one. The course overall, was very professional and equally intense. Don't take this course if you're looking for an easy ride, but at the same time, it's not overwhelming at all. The instructors provide everything you need to succeed as a TEFL-TESOL teacher. This course is great for all, but I having university experience definitely helps. I would 10/10 recommend this course for anyone looking for real critical instruction in teaching. It was refreshing and well worth the money. I found a job in Phuket Town just one week after graduating the course.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would live closer to the course while taking it. During the course, I lived in Patong which was about a 45 minute drive each morning. I would suggest living closer to the course so you can interact with your classmates after each day.
Preeti

TEFL Course, Phuket

I was in search of a TESOL/TEFL course since many years.
Finding a genuine one was challenging, until I came across the gooverseas website.
The course is an intensive one. You will be expected to teach 6 lessons in the 4 week course and also go through observed teaching by experienced teachers, all while learning ESL methodology, grammar and phonetics. Its difficult but not impossible as you have great support from the experienced and efficient staff, Eric and Simon.
Learning this course in Phuket was a great experience.
Thai culture class is also beneficial to students who look forward to teach in Thailand.
Thai language classes will also be provided for a fee at TEFL campus. You will definitely enjoy learning the program here.
There are Nai Harn, Karon and Patong beaches you can visit during your weekends.

5 weeks program would have been good which could include more practice sessions for grammar.
Simone

My best experience yet

I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking not only the educational benefits of learning to teach English as a foreign language but also the fact that it offers a great understanding and education about the Thai culture. The lecture environment is energetic and very relaxed, we laughed, we worked hard and in the end I gained so much more than just an experience. The TEFL teachers, Eric and Simon were extremely organised and prepared for each lesson that we had, all materials were provided and the structure of all lectures ran smoothly without and hassles. The practical teaching support from both Simon and Eric was amazing, never once did I feel that I could not approach them about any difficulties I was experiencing and they always gave the best advice that they could. You are always made feel like you are part of a team that works together, everyone shares their ideas with no fear of making mistakes because that is the type of environment that is created right from the start!

Kanoa

Amazing course that prepared me for Tefl career.

I found the course online and had high expectations from the positive reviews. The course entirely exceeded my expectations, taking me from no teaching experience, to having the tools and confidence to work as an English teacher abroad. The course itself is challenging in a good way, they show you what it’s like to teach and offer the support and education to guide you. I felt like I had a firm grasp of a way of teaching by the end and I could leverage into a teaching career. The sense of community from the teachers and other students has been unmatched in my education and jobs as well allowing me to experience Thailand and teaching comfortably. Since graduating, I have worked in Japan at a language center and I teach English online.

Noorhalim Sheng Cai

TEFL Campus Phuket

The course IS intensive and it is no leisure stroll in the park. Juggling between understanding Grammar/phonology lessons and planning/teaching classes in the evenings will be hard but not impossible. It'll put doubts in your head when time becomes a factor and as the course progresses, my only advice is to always stay positive.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and feel fortunate to the trainers at TEFL Campus Phuket who were always approachable and on-hand to provide assistance and give feedback on how we were doing. Job support briefings were an eye opener which gave me a good view on what to expect being an EL teacher in Thailand and manage our initial expectations. My course-mates were a great bunch too and supporting each other all the way made it a very memorable experience.

Always stay positive no matter the feedback you receive on your teaching style or the amount of course material you have to process for the exam. It will make you doubt yourself as the course progresses and time becomes a factor. I was there but I also managed to complete the course in the end. Don't be afraid to ask for help and accept the feedback provided because it will go a long way in helping you apply yourself.
VAMSI KIRAN

LIFE THRILLING EXPERIENCE

Hai, I'm Vamsi from India. I would like to share my experience in Phuket, Thailand. I came to Phuket to complete my TEFL Certification course. It is an unforgettable moment in my life. this trip gave me more wonderful moments to cherish throughout my life. Phuket is a great place to spend and enjoy the fun and entertainment. the weather is awesome its a wonderful island with myriad colorful beaches and a lot of other entertaining Stuff. Thai culture is amazing and people are awesome always receives us with warmth and affection. I have to mention about food its yummy. all varieties of food are available. they are foodies. I enjoyed my trip a lot with my bunch of friends they are incredibly warm, we all are from different countries. This trip gives me the TEFL CERTIFICATE as well as unforgettable memories

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The surprising thing what I see is the James bond island. It is an incredibly adventurous trip. I enjoyed every moment of the trip with my colleagues
Ismail

a challenging and rewarding course

The course was challenging .It demands a high sense of commitment and hard work .the staff were very helpful .The trainers were highly qualified .every one who took the course learned a lot in a short time .I highly recommend the course to whoever want to start a career as an ESL teacher .with extensive training ,teaching practice and trainers support you will feel confident to start your journey in teaching English as a foreign language .The course is taken in a very beautiful island .trainees can enjoy the city on weekends .Phuket is a foreign oriented place with multiple places to visit .Trainees can also enjoy the amazing islands ' beaches .by enrolling in this course you will have a wonderful experience that you will never forget .

don't hesitate to take this course and start your journey in teaching abroad .It will definitely be a rewarding experience
Viet

Phuket

Great course in even greater location. No better place to learn how to teach English than Phuket Thailand.I do not think there was a rainy day at all during the course. The course was challenging and required a lot of time but well worth it. On teaching days you could be in class from the morning until 7 or 8 at night.The month flew by pretty quickly though. The teaching lesson were great and working with real students provided good real world experience. The teaching instructors were awesome and very helpful. They were available outside of class for help if needed. All the materials like books and packets were provided by the TEFL campus so all you really needed was a notebook and a pen. Some of the classes a laptop was needed but I did not have one and used my iPad which worked out fine. The location is just outside of the busy area of Phuket town so not so much tourist traffic on the street but close enough to grab some lunch in the many places to eat in Phuket town. The facilities are nice and clean and there was even person who washed the cups used for the drinking fountain. The only issue is if you have a car parking might be a bit of a problem in the morning. There is a breakfast restaurant next store which is pretty busy in the morning. If you have a motorbike then parking is not an issue. There are are plenty of places to park your motorbike.

This program was very good and I can not think of anything that could improve the program.
Annabelle

Glad I did this course!

I did a lot of research to know:
1) If I wanted to do a TEFL-course and
2) Where to do a TEFL-course.
After a while I decided to do the course in Phuket.
Pre-course: I had a good and clear contact with Eric. He answered all my questions.
During the course: I learned a lot! I hadn't studies grammar for 12+ years, and some of the grammar was totally new for me. I never saw phonetics in my life before, so that was also something new.
We also had to teach Thai adults. If was stressful, but also fun. Eric and Simon attended us very well!

Phuket Town is a nice place to do the course. It's not supersupertouristy, but in the weekend you can discover the island (or other islands!) During the course I got a bicycle, and I used it a lot!

Overall: I'm happy with my choice, that I did the TEFL-course, and that I did it in Phuket!

# a digital file of the course would be nice.
# teaching in a bigger class. Now you teach between 4 - 10 students, but I think a real Thai class is more than 20 students.