TEFL Campus Phuket: 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification Course

TEFL Campus Phuket: 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification Course

Accredited by an American university, moderated by TEFL experts and licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus is Phuket's highest-independently-rated TEFL training and certification course.

TEFL Campus' 120 hours of training include observed teaching practice, guided lesson planning and professionally designed lectures that prepare trainees for the classroom. We also offer meaningful job support that starts before the course begins and continues throughout your career. Our proven job support has helped hundreds of trainees find teaching jobs on Phuket, in Thailand and throughout Asia.

No other course offers the services we provide at the prices we offer. Sign up with TEFL Campus and receive unique discounts and special offers throughout the year.

• University Accreditation
Transportation
Wifi
Application Fee
Deposit
This includes all teaching, training, assessments and materials are paid for. No hidden costs.

Schools generally hire when they need teachers which is the beginning of the school year but from what I've seen, there are jobs being offered all year round (not as many choices thought). Each school has difference starting dates as a lot of the schools are private and choose their own holidays.
We received job placement information. Throughout the course we were offered to apply for a wide range of jobs from all over Thailand. After you complete the course, you are added onto a Tefl campus graduate Facebook page where jobs are posted all the time. Tefl Campus helped us refine and develop a good cv specific for teaching in Thailand and they prepared us on how to have a good demo lesson in...
I went to Phuket with my wife, and during the course we spent roughly $300 per week. So $150 per week per person should do you well. We mostly spent money on food and drinks, didn't make any tourist purchases. You could spend even less if you wanted to, but we ate at decent restaurants. Street food is incredibly cheap, and some people survive on that, but it is all fried and not particularly healt...
I checked their website and it looks like both a college degree and teaching experience aren't required! If you want more information take a look: http://www.teflcampus.com/tefl-tesol-courses/requirements/

• Benefits
  • Instruction

Jennifer
University of Washington

TEFL Campus Phuket

Great course. Provides a good base of knowledge and also the knowledge on how to go about continuing to learn and advance should you choose to. Actual practice teaching and lesson planning along with learning aspects of the English language that we, as native speakers, might not be consciously aware of that are very important to teaching English to speakers of other languages.

On a more personal note, if you are like me and tend to do better with more gradual learning, you may find this course a bit stressful. It's very much a dive-right-in style, which it has to be because of the amount of content they fit into a very short time. It's still very doable and just try to be open to making mistakes. The more you make in the course the more you can avoid later in an actual job. The staff are good about giving constructive criticism and helping you learn from each experience. They can also be very direct in telling you if you have certain things that you really need to work on. Again, if you're like me, just remember that now is the time to hear this stuff so you can be aware of it and work on it for your actual job if you are planning on getting a job after.

The area was very enjoyable. Lots of places and things to do within walking distance, and even more if you rent a motorbike. Buses were easy to use, especially since most of the people were very friendly and helpful even if you didn't know any Thai. The beaches were stunning. The food was excellent. There was not a lot of time during the course to go do larger things like island tours or zip-lining, elephant sanctuary, staying the night elsewhere. Certainly doable, but there is a bit of work outside the classroom, so I personally didn't have time to do a lot of sightseeing and such during the course. For that reason, if you don't plan on staying in Thailand, I would recommend, if you can, at least staying a couple weeks after the course.

Stayed at both Phuket Center Apartments (only for 4 days) and Sakul House (for the rest of the time). Both were great. Phuket Center Apartments (PCA) has larger rooms with a more western style shower and much less noise pollution from the road. The internet seemed a bit tricky for the few days I was there, but maybe easy enough to get used to. There is a great little store right outside of PCA for snacks and water, soap, shampoo, etc. Very close to lots of restaurants and shops and a walking street market on the weekends. Sakul House is a bit more homey, less hotel-like. It came to feel like a second home. Rooms are smaller, but still plenty of room, especially since most of the time other than sleeping and homework is spent outside the room. The road noise is definitely loud if you're not used to that sort of thing. The owner is awesome and the lady that cleans the rooms as well. Also within easy walking distance of several restaurants and still pretty easy walking distance into Old Phuket, even though it's farther than from PCA. There's even a new market that opened up right next to it. The giant weekend market is about a 20 minute walk from Sakul. Both are easy walking distance to the school.

Both the course and Thailand were amazing. Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in teaching English as a foreign language and even if you're not interested in that, I would highly recommend visiting Thailand. Learned lots and had a ton of fun.

Not a lot in the way of snacks/refreshments provided at the school. There is a cafe nearby, though. The Thai lessons didn't seem very well thought-out/planned. Although this might have been because the normal person who did the Thai lessons wasn't available the month I was there...

Didn't feel like I was always on the same page as the instructors when it came to lesson planning, not totally following their line of thought, etc., and got the sense that I needed to be or I was doing it wrong in their opinion. Was great getting their feedback and hearing their thoughts since they have so much experience, but might also be nice if they gave a bit more direction if they're wanting something specific, or be more open to the fact that some people won't be thinking on their same wavelength, especially if they've never done anything like this before. Doesn't mean we're stupid or can't do it or won't get better. Just that we don't know what they know and don't have the experience they have. Things they think are very simple might not be so simple for others. Maybe be more aware of this when giving feedback and criticism so it doesn't come across as though, if you don't pick everything up perfectly in the very short time of the course, then you are not doing well at all.

Also, would be nice to make sure it's very clear that things like sunscreen and bug spray, while available, are expensive. So it's a good idea to bring them with you if you can.

Celina

Highly recommend!

Thailand is a beautiful country and it was amazing meeting my fellow TEFL students and Thai locals. This course is worth what you pay and more. There is a lot packed into the 4-week course but it's well worth it! The time will fly by especially in Phuket! I am currently back in the US now but am already planning my next trip back! I plan to teach online for now but I am grateful for the experience I gained during the course. I was lucky to have such skilled instructors and great feedback after my practice lessons.

Yannick
Boston University

Great Course

The course with TEFL Phuket was good! They help you find a job and a lot of assistance after. Im not native English speaker so was little worried if I would be able to do it but it all went fine, even learning how to teach was scary at first but they help you build up till you can do it own your own. We had nice and friendly classes, in real life its not always like that of course. All in all a good course, little pricy but thats for everyone different I guess.

Rory

Review of TEFL campus

I thought that the teachers and information given was very helpful. Teachers were very thorough when going over the information. overall was given a lot of help, guidance, and direction. Lesson planning was a lot easier because of the books they had but not all schools have that available. All lessons were taught to adults even though most jobs you will be teaching ages 4-16. Resources available to us were very helpful and the last three weeks you have a lot of spare time during the day if your not teaching.

There is only one thing I would suggest and that wouls be to have the lessons we taught be other than adults. The lesson planning and actual teaching in the course is nothing like what you are actually doing in real life. Course was also pretty expensive.

Erin
Humboldt State University

TEFL Team

TEFL Campus threw me into a new community with people excited to experience a new culture and learn a new skill. The instructors were welcoming and ready to share information of Phuket and the course. I learned a lot very fast. The 4 weeks of the course was packed full of learning and teaching. The instructors were very knowledgeable about the course information and analyzing our teaching practices. I feel confident that I could teach a class effectively with the skills acquired from Eric and his team.

John
Phuket Town, Phuket
James Madison University

Now Fully Confident to Enter the TEFL Work Force

I highly recommend taking this program if you are considering a career in TEFL/TESOL. It is very challenging, but very rewarding, and you should feel ready to start your career in the field by the end of the four week course. After teaching 6 observed lessons, receiving so many helpful materials and feedback, and being assured of the dedicated job support, how could that not be the case?

Arielle
Humboldt State University

Great Experience, Hardwork

This course was tough work, but I feel pretty well prepared to begin teaching. The instructors, staff, Thai students and student peers were all fabulous and fun to work with. I'm glad I chose to take an in-person on-site course rather than online. It was really cool to begin my time abroad with a huge support system, it made the transition really easy. The month flew by! Between observed teaching, assignments, and independent study, it was hard to find time to do much else but eat. I only wish I'd had more time to go to the beach.

nathan

Awesome month @ TEFLcampus Phuket

I had an awesome experience doing my TEFL certification at TEFL campus Phuket.

From the pre-course info ,up to the last day of the course, our instructors were outstanding and supportive in any possible way. I learned a lot about teaching English and I feel confident to enter the class room. This course had the right balance between theory and practice. I am confident that with the right mindset, dedication, perseverance and focus, any applicant will successfully finish this course at TEFL campus Phuket.

Beau
Cherngtalay
University of Newcastle

Another Chang please.

Solid course to prepare the unprepared for the world of teaching. Easy enough to wrap your head around if your head is screwed on straight. Good introduction, airport pickup and settling for those new to Phuket. Well recommended. From ski bum to the guiding light of future students of the English language. Good opportunity to be employed halfway through the course for some dedicated and motivated students.

Just try not to drink too much, or worse, not enough.

Amy

Very well-organized

This course was super well-organized. It's very apparent that Eric, Simon, and Sue have been doing this for a while. Each lesson and assignment had a clear purpose. The staff is very supportive with lesson plans/ job searches/ general support. Would definitely recommend this program!

Would be really helpful if you gave us a binder with all assignments to stay organized. I know it takes a lot of time to organize that many binders, but if you just had the main packets and labelled dividers (completed lessons/ phonetics/ thai/ etc.) in there to start, you could give us handouts that were 3-hole-punched it would be so helpful.

Julia
University of Auckland

A great experience!

If you're looking for a holiday on a great island with amazing people then TEFL Campus is definitely the best place to do it! All the staff are amazingly friendly and give amazing support for whatever the student needs.

In addition to the amazing support, it's a lot of fun to do your course on Phuket - fun all year round (hopefully if it's not raining!) but definitely worth it.

The course is incredibly intense but definitely worth the experience. I would recommend who plays as hard as they work to do their course at TEFL campus on Phuket!

Sara

TEFL Campus Phuket

I would definitely recommend taking the in class certification, you'll be more prepared to start your journey. My experience with TEFL Campus Phuket was amazing and i fell very happy of my choice. My group had different nationalities and awesome personalities. The course staff provided us with support even before starting the course. Different personalities of the staff enriched the content of the certification.

Lolly

highly recommended TEFL course!!!!!

TEFL Campus Phuket prepares you very thoroughly to be able to set forth and teach abroad. Sure, there is no job guarantee but the support and resources offered are more than enough to find a job. 2 weeks into the course, I had secured a full-time teaching job at an elementary school (to begin when the course finished) simply through the resources provided to me! I am so eternally happy that I didn't get my TEFL online and did it on location in Thailand. The teachers at TEFL Campus Phuket are more than great, they are awesome and unique individuals with incredible character and personality and I feel lucky to have spent a month with them. Now that the month is over I feel as though a part of me is missing but it's the exact opposite; I've gained so much! I highly recommend TEFL Campus Phuket to anyone looking at getting their TEFL. Bring a few pens, a great notebook, and be ready to learn and laugh!

Wendy
Sonoma State University

TEFL Campus Phuket

Prior to choosing a TEFL program I did extensive research that encompassed the full gamut of offerings. Online, on location, cheap, expensive, on site and still at the end of the day it is all somewhat of a gamble. My experience with TEFL Campus Phuket was better than I had could have imagined. The support started after the first contact form e-mail and has continued in the same capacity even after being offered a job before completing the course. If you put in the work, you will undoubtedly see the results. The faculty and staff are top notch and are even fun outside of the classroom! The education is excellent, the program delivers everything as expected and even exceeded my expectations. I already have and will continue to recommended this program without hesitation, it is run by true professionals that have experience and want you to be successful in your EFL career.

Kyle
Ohio
Wheeling Jesuit University

Great course

I would recommend this course to anyone that is looking to teach English as a foreign language. Eric, Simon, and Sue were great and were willing to help with any questions that I had and went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and all my questions were answered. From the course itself to the accommodation, everything was great. Eric won't hesitate in answering any questions you have before, during, and after the course and he's always quick with his responses. Can't recommend this course enough.

Brandon
Ho Chi Minh City
Colorado State University

TEFL Campus Phuket

The TEFL International Phuket Campus TESOL certification was a great experience! I would definitely recommend taking the in class option, though it is rather expensive, it is very much worth the hands on instruction and teaching experience; working with peers was certainly a plus too! Course directors provided lots of information and continuous support throughout the course. It was a challenging yet rewarding experience. Phuket town was an excellent location for the course. Friendly people, delicious and inexpensive food, and great beaches not far away. The provided accommodations were very good. I would recommend sakul house to anyone.

Ashley
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Colorado State University

Amazing course!

I highly recommend this course to anybody!
Extremely helpful with the job search and provided a continuous amount of support throughout the course in Phuket. I loved every minute of the course and feel very prepared to be a teacher! The course was challenging with teaching right away, but there is no better way to learn than to just be thrown into the fire. I did feel a lot of support from both Eric and Simon throughout lesson planning and understanding how to effectively demonstrate all the necessary aspects for the lesson. Phuket is one of the most amazing towns too.
Thank you Eric and Simon!!!

Georgie

TEFL Campus Phuket

I actually found this course online just like what most of you are doing now. I was torn between cheaper options that "guaranteed" jobs and TEFL Campus. My decision to choose TEFL campus was well founded as the course proved itself over and over again. One such instance was when I lost my debit card in Bangkok and the director, Eric, offered to loan me money until my card came in. The staff at TEFL goes above and beyond to give their students the best training experience. Never having taught before I had no idea what to expect. This course isn't one that you just glide through to get a certificate only to be completely overwhelmed your first day of class. They teach you lesson planning, classroom management and provide you with a plethora of resources that make the transition into teaching seamless. I feel 100% more confident having finished this course then when I first arrived. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is serious about teaching abroad.

Liezel
Miami Dade College

Amazing experience

One of the best decisions I've ever made. If you're interested in a TEFL certification, this course is the way to go! The whole experience was simply wonderful. It wasn't a walk in the park, but if you apply yourself, the end result feels so sweet! Take this course, you won't regret it.

Megan
Phuket, Thailand
University of Central Oklahoma

Course Review

I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in teaching abroad. It was an intensive and invigorating 4 weeks. The content was presented thoroughly and I felt the classroom teaching portion was extremely helpful. The facilities were clean and welcoming and the instructors were lovely. I have nothing negative to say about my experience. I came with no teaching experience and now feel comfortable teaching in front of a classroom. I am grateful to the entire staff for providing an excellent introduction to Thailand and TEFL.

Stacey
Brisbane, Australia

TEFL Campus Phuket

The decision to enrol in the TEFL Campus Phuket was one of the best I've ever made.
It was such an amazing experience and one that I will never forget.
The course itself was tough at times, but with the support and guidance of Eric, the Director of the campus, and Simon one of the trainers, it was amazing, and they made for a very enjoyable 4 weeks. Eric and Simon are fantastic at what they do, and are so full of knowledge. Eric was more than happy to answer any questions I had prior to enrolling, as well as during the course. I am so grateful for Eric and Simon, and the rest of the campus staff, as well as my fellow trainees who all supported each other throughout the course. I have made some lifelong friends, and have experienced many amazing things.
All in all I would recommend this course to anyone.

Viktoriya
Chelyabinsk, Russia

TEFL-January 2017

I had a wonderful time!!! Four weeks flew by so fast:( I didn't want to leave. My teachers -- Eric, Simon, and Sue -- were very professional and patient (very helpful.)
We had 11 people in our group... shocking but we got along with each other pretty well!!!! I love them all!!!
I recommend this course at Campus Phuket to everyone with or without teaching experience. And you will love Thailand culture and people!!!

Miranda
Put in Bay
Ohio State University

TEFL Phuket

I had a great month in Phuket and am so thankful for this experience. The course was very helpful and I am glad I decided to do it. The people I met and took the course with were great and I am excited to see where our class all ends up teaching and to follow everyone's journey. I really enjoyed learning about Thailand and visit all the different beaches and destinations in Phuket. I also enjoyed going to different islands over the weekends. I definitely recommend Similan Islands as a weekend trip, it is absolutely gorgeous! I am sad to be leaving Phuket after having such a great experience. I will miss Phuket and all of the people I took this course with.

N/a

Arlene
Rockdale, Texas
Texas

Great!

If you're looking for a program where you will have a community/family then this is it! TEFL was like a huge family where everyone was helpful and seriously wanted you to succeed. I thought Eric was a great instructor and was there for whatever question OR concerns I had. The materials provided were so helpful and up to date. I do wish there was more internet access when lesson planning but the fact that there were lesson planning books to guide you were great! The snacks provided at the beginning of class were great as well. Its an awesome location with Thai style accommodation! SIGN UP NOW!!

Cass
Durban, South Africa
IMM Graduate School of Marketing

TEFL CAMPUS IS AWESOME!!

The course that Eric and simon deliver is beyond excellent. I felt very prepared when it came to being in front of my own class. I felt as if I was able to make use of the techniques I was taught and put them into practice on a daily basis. I feel that being able to teach lessons while completing the TESOL course gave me an advantage, and good practice for the real thing. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to start a career is ESL teaching.

Dani
Kagawong

TEFL Campus is awesome!

Everything you hope for in a teaching course, TEFL campus has it and more! Really! They are so well organised and have thought through everything. It's not an easy course. You will work hard and learn a lot. The teachers constantly help you step by step until you are doing it on your own. It's a great feeling! Eric will do his best to make it the experience you want. I can't stress it anymore than this. If you want a great program, totally legit and full of good humor. You don't need to look anymore. Just hope there's room! I was one of the lastsite who squeezed in. Very fortunate!

Marc
Florence, South Carolina
College of Charleston

TEFL Phuket Experience

I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for the course. I thought it would be slightly challenging, and pretty basic. I was in for a pleasant surprise, and I had no idea what journey I was about to begin.

Throughout the entire course, I was taken out of my comfort zone; and it made me a better teacher, person, and student. I observed experienced teachers, completed multiple projects, taught six hours of English to a variety of English-learner levels, and was tested on grammar and phonetics. Nothing about the course was easy, but after completing all the tasks, I have grown as a teacher and a person.

I thank Simon and Eric for all their support, encouragement, and knowledge. They truly want you to succeed and become a teacher who excels. They provide you with a strong teaching foundation that I don't feel like I could have received anywhere else. I am beyond pleased with the experience, and I would encourage anyone interested in teaching overseas, to go to the TEFL Center in Phuket.

-Pruitt

No suggestions, I highly enjoyed the experience.

Colby
Washington, DC
George Washington University

TEFL Campus Phuket - July Course Review

If you are looking for a "legitimate" TEFL course, then I can assure you TEFL Campus Phuket is the right investment. The staff is professional and responsible, they are going to teach you exactly what you are looking for in a TEFL course (grammar training, teaching methodology AND practice, phonetics, etc.). If you take this course, and you pay attention, study the materials, put in the effort on the projects, put in the effort on your job search, then I can 100% guarantee when you come out on the other side you'll be sitting pretty.

Plus, you get the added benefit that this course is in Phuket, where there are no shortages of beautiful beaches and fun things to do. PLUS, if you're coming from a relatively wealthy country, the currency is extremely cheap! Most inexpensive month of my last decade!

Virtual course materials would be a plus (even just pdf versions of the great multitude of handouts). But I don't think that's an option seeing as it's not a guarantee everyone has a private laptop.

Catherine
Johannesburg
University of South Africa

TEFL Campus Phuket

TEFL Campus offers you a realistic, fun, full on, intensive course.

From day one, we were welcomed ,offered assistance and support in everything from how to get from the airport toour accomodation, maps and other useful information to get around Phuket. We were also offered assistance in accommodation, and things to do on the island.
Eric, the course director, met us as we arrived from the airport to welcome us and assist us in any question we might have had before the course started.

The first day of the course, we were welcomed in the beautiful offices and classrooms that are TEFL Campus''.Air conditioned classrooms, classroom materials, textbooks, printers, access to the internet and a kitchen equipped with tea, coffee and the most amazing Thai biscuits!

Our course directors were involved, helpful and honest and gave us an opportunity to play on our strengths while working on our weaknesses.

TEFL Campus is one of the only courses I've heard of that is as involved and conscious of the students to the point that they are ever evolving and looking to improve themselves to make sure that future students are benefited.

Not only has TEFL Campus been around for a very long time, we had piece of mind in knowing that the trainers have many many many years of experience in the teaching of English, as well as in Thai Culture.

TEFL Campus offered us all the tools we needed to succeed as a teacher in Thialand and it is an experience that will always hold me in good stead, and can never be forgotten! Not only that, but we had the opportuinty to meet and get to know people from around the world.

Thank you to the TEFL Campus crew!

The only complication I had was with the payment of the course. I think it would be better/easier if the course could be paid for using one exchange rate/currency.

Lisa
Staten Island, New York

Life Changing Experience

I have never traveled to another country by myself so leaving America to come to Thailand definitely took some courage and faith. Luckily I had both! From the very first moment I landed till the very last day, Eric, Simon and even Sue have helped ease my nerves about this course. I knew going in that this course is going to challenge me, and it definitely did! Some advice to the upcoming travelers: Don't pack a lot of pants (I bought dress pants and only wore one pair, one day) ; Keep track of your lesson plan evaluations ( you will need to refer back to them a lot); Drink lots of water!; (if you're coming during monsoon season) bring an umbrella!; Have fun! It's a lot of work but it's worth it! You meet amazing people, and more importantly you get to teach English to students who want to learn! My favorite level was pre-intermediate; they were so engaged and enthusiastic. They made me feel comfortable and confident and I loved every minute of it!. Eric and Simon are always there to make sure you understand the assignment and feel comfortable about what's to come in the weeks ahead. My favorite lesson was the Thai lesson; it totally changed my view on how we teach English to foreigners. It opened my eyes and placed me in the seats of my students and I will never forget it. So enjoy every lesson and look through the handouts because you are going to need them. I recommended this course to a few of my friends because I know they will love it. Enjoy every minute of it and take lots of pictures!

Accredited by an American university, moderated by established TEFL professionals, licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus prepares trainees for the classroom and leaves graduates feeling confident that their time and money was well