By TEFL Campus Phuket   Reviews (41)   98% Rating

TEFL Campus Phuket: 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification Course

By TEFL Campus Phuket   Reviews (41)   98% Rating

Accredited by an American university, moderated by TEFL experts and licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus is Phuket's highest-independently-rated TEFL training and certification course.

TEFL Campus' 120 hours of training include observed teaching practice, guided lesson planning and professionally designed lectures that prepare trainees for the classroom. We also offer meaningful job support that starts before the course begins and continues throughout your career. Our proven job support has helped hundreds of trainees find teaching jobs on Phuket, in Thailand and throughout Asia.

No other course offers the services we provide at the prices we offer. Sign up with TEFL Campus and receive unique discounts and special offers throughout the year.

University Accreditation
Application Fee
Deposit
1490.00
Cost Description
This includes all teaching, training, assessments and materials are paid for. No hidden costs.

Schools generally hire when they need teachers which is the beginning of the school year but from what I've seen, there are jobs being offered all year round (not as many choices thought). Each school...
We received job placement information. Throughout the course we were offered to apply for a wide range of jobs from all over Thailand. After you complete the course, you are added onto a Tefl campus g...
I brought around $900 (USD). I still had about $300 leftover. However, I didn't spend much. Meals are very cheap. I didn't buy any tourist packages, Most I ever spent was at the weekend market (to buy...
I went to Phuket with my wife, and during the course we spent roughly $300 per week. So $150 per week per person should do you well. We mostly spent money on food and drinks, didn't make any tourist p...
I checked their website and it looks like both a college degree and teaching experience aren't required! If you want more information take a look: http://www.teflcampus.com/tefl-tesol-courses/requirem...

Rating Values

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance
  • Instruction

Lolly

highly recommended TEFL course!!!!!

Overall

TEFL Campus Phuket prepares you very thoroughly to be able to set forth and teach abroad. Sure, there is no job guarantee but the support and resources offered are more than enough to find a job. 2 weeks into the course, I had secured a full-time teaching job at an elementary school (to begin when the course finished) simply through the resources provided to me! I am so eternally happy that I didn't get my TEFL online and did it on location in Thailand. The teachers at TEFL Campus Phuket are more than great, they are awesome and unique individuals with incredible character and personality and I feel lucky to have spent a month with them. Now that the month is over I feel as though a part of me is missing but it's the exact opposite; I've gained so much! I highly recommend TEFL Campus Phuket to anyone looking at getting their TEFL. Bring a few pens, a great notebook, and be ready to learn and laugh!

Wendy
Sonoma State University

Overall

Prior to choosing a TEFL program I did extensive research that encompassed the full gamut of offerings. Online, on location, cheap, expensive, on site and still at the end of the day it is all somewhat of a gamble. My experience with TEFL Campus Phuket was better than I had could have imagined. The support started after the first contact form e-mail and has continued in the same capacity even after being offered a job before completing the course. If you put in the work, you will undoubtedly see the results. The faculty and staff are top notch and are even fun outside of the classroom! The education is excellent, the program delivers everything as expected and even exceeded my expectations. I already have and will continue to recommended this program without hesitation, it is run by true professionals that have experience and want you to be successful in your EFL career.

Kyle
Ohio
Wheeling Jesuit University

Great course

Overall

I would recommend this course to anyone that is looking to teach English as a foreign language. Eric, Simon, and Sue were great and were willing to help with any questions that I had and went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and all my questions were answered. From the course itself to the accommodation, everything was great. Eric won't hesitate in answering any questions you have before, during, and after the course and he's always quick with his responses. Can't recommend this course enough.

Brandon
Ho Chi Minh City

Overall

The TEFL International Phuket Campus TESOL certification was a great experience! I would definitely recommend taking the in class option, though it is rather expensive, it is very much worth the hands on instruction and teaching experience; working with peers was certainly a plus too! Course directors provided lots of information and continuous support throughout the course. It was a challenging yet rewarding experience. Phuket town was an excellent location for the course. Friendly people, delicious and inexpensive food, and great beaches not far away. The provided accommodations were very good. I would recommend sakul house to anyone.

Ashley
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Amazing course!

Overall

I highly recommend this course to anybody!
Extremely helpful with the job search and provided a continuous amount of support throughout the course in Phuket. I loved every minute of the course and feel very prepared to be a teacher! The course was challenging with teaching right away, but there is no better way to learn than to just be thrown into the fire. I did feel a lot of support from both Eric and Simon throughout lesson planning and understanding how to effectively demonstrate all the necessary aspects for the lesson. Phuket is one of the most amazing towns too.
Thank you Eric and Simon!!!

Georgie
Thailand

Overall

I actually found this course online just like what most of you are doing now. I was torn between cheaper options that "guaranteed" jobs and TEFL Campus. My decision to choose TEFL campus was well founded as the course proved itself over and over again. One such instance was when I lost my debit card in Bangkok and the director, Eric, offered to loan me money until my card came in. The staff at TEFL goes above and beyond to give their students the best training experience. Never having taught before I had no idea what to expect. This course isn't one that you just glide through to get a certificate only to be completely overwhelmed your first day of class. They teach you lesson planning, classroom management and provide you with a plethora of resources that make the transition into teaching seamless. I feel 100% more confident having finished this course then when I first arrived. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is serious about teaching abroad.

Liezel
Miami Dade College

Amazing course

Overall

It was one of the best decision I've ever made. It's not a walk in the park, but totally worth it. The instructors were great and course rigorous, but you come out prepared.

Liezel
Miami Dade College

Amazing experience

Overall

One of the best decisions I've ever made. If you're interested in a TEFL certification, this course is the way to go! The whole experience was simply wonderful. It wasn't a walk in the park, but if you apply yourself, the end result feels so sweet! Take this course, you won't regret it.

Megan
University of Central Oklahoma

Course Review

Overall

I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in teaching abroad. It was an intensive and invigorating 4 weeks. The content was presented thoroughly and I felt the classroom teaching portion was extremely helpful. The facilities were clean and welcoming and the instructors were lovely. I have nothing negative to say about my experience. I came with no teaching experience and now feel comfortable teaching in front of a classroom. I am grateful to the entire staff for providing an excellent introduction to Thailand and TEFL.

Stacey
Brisbane, Australia

Overall

The decision to enrol in the TEFL Campus Phuket was one of the best I've ever made.
It was such an amazing experience and one that I will never forget.
The course itself was tough at times, but with the support and guidance of Eric, the Director of the campus, and Simon one of the trainers, it was amazing, and they made for a very enjoyable 4 weeks. Eric and Simon are fantastic at what they do, and are so full of knowledge. Eric was more than happy to answer any questions I had prior to enrolling, as well as during the course. I am so grateful for Eric and Simon, and the rest of the campus staff, as well as my fellow trainees who all supported each other throughout the course. I have made some lifelong friends, and have experienced many amazing things.
All in all I would recommend this course to anyone.

Viktoriya
Chelyabinsk, Russia

TEFL-January 2017

Overall

I had a wonderful time!!! Four weeks flew by so fast:( I didn't want to leave. My teachers -- Eric, Simon, and Sue -- were very professional and patient (very helpful.)
We had 11 people in our group... shocking but we got along with each other pretty well!!!! I love them all!!!
I recommend this course at Campus Phuket to everyone with or without teaching experience. And you will love Thailand culture and people!!!

Miranda
Put in Bay
Ohio State University

TEFL Phuket

Overall

I had a great month in Phuket and am so thankful for this experience. The course was very helpful and I am glad I decided to do it. The people I met and took the course with were great and I am excited to see where our class all ends up teaching and to follow everyone's journey. I really enjoyed learning about Thailand and visit all the different beaches and destinations in Phuket. I also enjoyed going to different islands over the weekends. I definitely recommend Similan Islands as a weekend trip, it is absolutely gorgeous! I am sad to be leaving Phuket after having such a great experience. I will miss Phuket and all of the people I took this course with.

N/a
Arlene
Rockdale, Texas
Texas

Great!

Overall

If you're looking for a program where you will have a community/family then this is it! TEFL was like a huge family where everyone was helpful and seriously wanted you to succeed. I thought Eric was a great instructor and was there for whatever question OR concerns I had. The materials provided were so helpful and up to date. I do wish there was more internet access when lesson planning but the fact that there were lesson planning books to guide you were great! The snacks provided at the beginning of class were great as well. Its an awesome location with Thai style accommodation! SIGN UP NOW!!

Cass
Durban, South Africa
IMM Graduate School of Marketing

TEFL CAMPUS IS AWESOME!!

Overall

The course that Eric and simon deliver is beyond excellent. I felt very prepared when it came to being in front of my own class. I felt as if I was able to make use of the techniques I was taught and put them into practice on a daily basis. I feel that being able to teach lessons while completing the TESOL course gave me an advantage, and good practice for the real thing. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to start a career is ESL teaching.

Dani
Kagawong

TEFL Campus is awesome!

Overall

Everything you hope for in a teaching course, TEFL campus has it and more! Really! They are so well organised and have thought through everything. It's not an easy course. You will work hard and learn a lot. The teachers constantly help you step by step until you are doing it on your own. It's a great feeling! Eric will do his best to make it the experience you want. I can't stress it anymore than this. If you want a great program, totally legit and full of good humor. You don't need to look anymore. Just hope there's room! I was one of the lastsite who squeezed in. Very fortunate!

Marc
Florence, South Carolina
College of Charleston

TEFL Phuket Experience

Overall

I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for the course. I thought it would be slightly challenging, and pretty basic. I was in for a pleasant surprise, and I had no idea what journey I was about to begin.

Throughout the entire course, I was taken out of my comfort zone; and it made me a better teacher, person, and student. I observed experienced teachers, completed multiple projects, taught six hours of English to a variety of English-learner levels, and was tested on grammar and phonetics. Nothing about the course was easy, but after completing all the tasks, I have grown as a teacher and a person.

I thank Simon and Eric for all their support, encouragement, and knowledge. They truly want you to succeed and become a teacher who excels. They provide you with a strong teaching foundation that I don't feel like I could have received anywhere else. I am beyond pleased with the experience, and I would encourage anyone interested in teaching overseas, to go to the TEFL Center in Phuket.

-Pruitt

No suggestions, I highly enjoyed the experience.
Colby
Washington, DC
George Washington University

TEFL Campus Phuket - July Course Review

Overall

If you are looking for a "legitimate" TEFL course, then I can assure you TEFL Campus Phuket is the right investment. The staff is professional and responsible, they are going to teach you exactly what you are looking for in a TEFL course (grammar training, teaching methodology AND practice, phonetics, etc.). If you take this course, and you pay attention, study the materials, put in the effort on the projects, put in the effort on your job search, then I can 100% guarantee when you come out on the other side you'll be sitting pretty.

Plus, you get the added benefit that this course is in Phuket, where there are no shortages of beautiful beaches and fun things to do. PLUS, if you're coming from a relatively wealthy country, the currency is extremely cheap! Most inexpensive month of my last decade!

Virtual course materials would be a plus (even just pdf versions of the great multitude of handouts). But I don't think that's an option seeing as it's not a guarantee everyone has a private laptop.
Catherine
Johannesburg
University of South Africa

Overall

TEFL Campus offers you a realistic, fun, full on, intensive course.

From day one, we were welcomed ,offered assistance and support in everything from how to get from the airport toour accomodation, maps and other useful information to get around Phuket. We were also offered assistance in accommodation, and things to do on the island.
Eric, the course director, met us as we arrived from the airport to welcome us and assist us in any question we might have had before the course started.

The first day of the course, we were welcomed in the beautiful offices and classrooms that are TEFL Campus''.Air conditioned classrooms, classroom materials, textbooks, printers, access to the internet and a kitchen equipped with tea, coffee and the most amazing Thai biscuits!

Our course directors were involved, helpful and honest and gave us an opportunity to play on our strengths while working on our weaknesses.

TEFL Campus is one of the only courses I've heard of that is as involved and conscious of the students to the point that they are ever evolving and looking to improve themselves to make sure that future students are benefited.

Not only has TEFL Campus been around for a very long time, we had piece of mind in knowing that the trainers have many many many years of experience in the teaching of English, as well as in Thai Culture.

TEFL Campus offered us all the tools we needed to succeed as a teacher in Thialand and it is an experience that will always hold me in good stead, and can never be forgotten! Not only that, but we had the opportuinty to meet and get to know people from around the world.

Thank you to the TEFL Campus crew!

The only complication I had was with the payment of the course. I think it would be better/easier if the course could be paid for using one exchange rate/currency.
Lisa
Staten Island, New York

Life Changing Experience

Overall

I have never traveled to another country by myself so leaving America to come to Thailand definitely took some courage and faith. Luckily I had both! From the very first moment I landed till the very last day, Eric, Simon and even Sue have helped ease my nerves about this course. I knew going in that this course is going to challenge me, and it definitely did! Some advice to the upcoming travelers: Don't pack a lot of pants (I bought dress pants and only wore one pair, one day) ; Keep track of your lesson plan evaluations ( you will need to refer back to them a lot); Drink lots of water!; (if you're coming during monsoon season) bring an umbrella!; Have fun! It's a lot of work but it's worth it! You meet amazing people, and more importantly you get to teach English to students who want to learn! My favorite level was pre-intermediate; they were so engaged and enthusiastic. They made me feel comfortable and confident and I loved every minute of it!. Eric and Simon are always there to make sure you understand the assignment and feel comfortable about what's to come in the weeks ahead. My favorite lesson was the Thai lesson; it totally changed my view on how we teach English to foreigners. It opened my eyes and placed me in the seats of my students and I will never forget it. So enjoy every lesson and look through the handouts because you are going to need them. I recommended this course to a few of my friends because I know they will love it. Enjoy every minute of it and take lots of pictures!

Dan

The complete package

Overall

I had already done my TEFL certification online with a different company, but upon arriving in Thailand I quickly learned that just having the online certification in my back pocket wasn't going to get me hired right away.

I also wasn't sure if I could really get up in front of a class of students and teach. I decided to do some research on the TEFL Campus in Phuket, once I arrived I told the staff of my situation and what I believed I still needed to be able to become a teacher and to secure a job.

All of the staff at the campus were very helpful and they placed me in the program that worked best for me. I now feel comfortable teaching a classroom full of students and I have the tools to create lesson plans from scratch and with a clear strategy of how to go about be being a successful teacher in Thailand with the knowledge to be an English teacher for wherever I may go.

Chris
Phuket Town

A fantastic learning experience

Overall

I can't recommend this course highly enough. There are lots of TEFL courses out there where you can pick up the qualification relatively easy, but at TEFL Campus you'll be put through your paces and feel fully prepared for a career in teaching English.

Being back in the classroom after a break of nearly twenty years could've been extremely daunting, but thanks to the professionalism and friendliness of the TEFL Campus team, I enjoyed every minute.

Being a native English speaker I thought I knew my native tongue inside out, but I learned more about the English language in four weeks here than I can ever remember picking up at school. Most importantly for me the course allayed any fears I had about standing up in front of a classroom to teach. We were thrust in front of a class on day three - but importantly we were supported fully every step of the way.

The quality of the support throughout was excellent and this was undoubtedly one of the toughest but most rewarding academic experiences of my life. You'll be tested and put through your paces and there's a lot of information to absorb, but you'll feel full of confidence and self-belief by the time you've qualified.

Updated computers and possibly new materials.
Johan
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
University of Hawaii- Hilo

Excellent!

Overall

This was a challenging course that helped me become a better teacher.I am glad I took my time to work hard in this course. I recommend all my friends that is going into the teaching career to take this course. Now I will take my knowledge form what I have learn from this course and use it back in Taiwan. I am sure the students that I teach will be very appreciated and not just learn English, but love to learn English. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity.

Not sure? I needed to have more time to prepare for my lessons. But I understand that the time available pushes us to work and think more efficiently when preparing our lessons. In the teaching field we may have more time to prepare better and quality lessons.
Nidhi
Singapore

a different perspective...

Overall

I ended up at TEFL Campus by chance. I was just lucky! But for those who are interested in this course, I hope you make a more informed decision and I hope you choose TEFL Campus.
I took this course in January '16, with a small group of people. Though I have nothing to compare this course with, I can't imagine anyone doing it better than Eric and Simon. Both of them are simply fantastic! They are available for you with their help, answers and suggestions from the very beginning, until after the end. The course is no joke, its not a breeze in the park. Its challenging and creative. Its 4 weeks of pure hard work!
I wont get into the details of the course and the schedule, but I would just like to say that TEFL Campus prepares you to start teaching and it gives you the confidence to say "I am a teacher." It has a good reputation in Thailand. I have met a few people and they take your certificate more seriously once they see who it's coming from.
To summarize, if given an option to do it again, I would do it just that way I did. I had an amazing experience, and I met some amazing and unique people from all around the world!

I believe, providing the trainees with useful stationary such as a binder, pencils, pens, notebooks at the beginning of the course would be very useful. Also, a free-to-use printer would be much appreciated by all future trainees.
Brandon
Kentucky Wesleyan College

Better than I ever hoped to imagine.

Overall

Like most people interested in TEFL, I had done a ton of research but still didn't exactly know what to expect. From the first time I spoke to Eric about TEFL Campus 3 months prior to coming to Thailand I knew he was a genuine person who really enjoyed teaching. We spoke for over an hour and answered all of the MANY questions I had.

Once I signed up Eric sent me regular emails letting me know things about travel, our accommodations, the visa process, where to eat, exchanging money, you name it, he covered it. The whole process was really simple, I was pretty nervous about moving to a new country but Eric and Simon were so welcoming and took time between classes to help each and every one of the students.

I felt really prepared by the course. Even after our course was over and Eric was beginning the next class, he gave his valuable time to my girlfriend and I to help us with the interview process. One week after graduating we had great jobs that we both still love. We owe it all to Eric and Simon at TEFL Campus Phuket.

Get a real coffee maker!
Jasmin
South East Asia

Great experience - Would do it again!

Overall

It was such a great experience to do the course at the TEFL Campus Phuket. The instructors are very knowledgeable and are keen to tailor support to each student’s individual needs.
The course was very well structured and the feedback was detailed and extremely helpful.
Keep in mind that this course is not easy. Teaching practice, lesson planning, projects and the exam are definitely a challenge in which your own ambitions will be put to the test. Nevertheless, the instructors do try to answer all questions and give you all the necessary support.
During the course, you get to teach Thai students 6 times, which is perfect to get some hands on teaching experience and learn your primary flaws which you might have to work on in the future. The Thai students are all adults and it would have been nice to teach kids as well, since Phuket is big on mainstream education. TEFL-certificate holder will go on and get a job teaching kids. So, it would have been nice to get a glimpse of what that’s like. That is the only little minus, though.

Other than that, I feel fully equipped to go out and find a teaching job after this course. Eric continues to offer job support even after the course is done, which is great.

All in all, I highly recommend to take this course! You’ll have a blast and you’ll learn something useful in the meantime and meet pretty cool folks.

Sean
Phuket Thailand

TEFL Campus Pkuket. Thank you.

Overall

The TEFL Campus Phuket was a huge benefit to me. They helped me from beginning to end. Helped me set up my accommodations all the way to giving me plenty of resources in finding employment after the graduation. It was challenging for me, I have been out of school for years. Being an older guy in class was a little overwhelming however the trainers helped me at every stage in the process. The grammar and phonetics were very challenging. With proper help I was able to pass and understand the English language better. Being a native speaker it is easy to take for granted your native language. The trainers helped me understand how to teach a non native speaker my language. I am thankful for my experience here at TEFL Campus in Phuket. I suggest anyone who wants an adventure to take the plunge.

Stuart
Phuket, thailand
Royal Holloway- University of London

Employers recognise this TESOL course

Overall

I studied here on the 4 week TESOL course in August 2015. The most important thing to say is that unlike many similar courses, this one as a 120 hour course with a significant part dedicated to teaching practice with real students, is recognised by Thai employers.

The course is well taught with two friendly and experienced instructors, Simon and Eric. It is intense, but well worth the effort.

On my course there were 10 fellow students and we all stayed locally and had a great time on days off exploring Phuket.

Not sure I would suggest any changes. The course is quite intense, but it needs to be as you only have 4 weeks to prepare for teaching!
Sara
Winthrop University

Quality course - highly recommend

Overall

I highly recommend TEFL campus in Phuket. Eric and his staff are extremely helpful with teaching you how to plan and teach lessons to non-native speakers. Furthermore, they went above and beyond when it came time for me to find a job - one of the employees even took me to an interview! I've been working in Thailand for two years now, and I still use the school as a resource for any strange questions I might have about living and teaching abroad, and the staff is happy to help in any way possible. If you want to get certified to teach abroad, go here!

Recommend talking more about classroom management skills.
Nichole
Southern Cross University

Well worth the investment!

Overall

I researched many TEFL providers, however, TEFL Campus Phuket really stood out. The trainers were excellent and I must admit that the course was harder than I anticipated, however, it was worth it. I currently live and work in Thailand and I have an amazing job. This would not have been possible without the assistance of TEFL Campus Phuket. I strongly recommend this course provider.

Patience is the key.
Patrick
Phuket, Thailand

Great course and wonderful staff

Overall

I was very pleased by the staff and the entire course structure. They were very helpful all alog the course and they guided me torwards success. I am now a certified teacher and love my job. They madde it so easy to go through all the different steps of the process. They have great knowledge of the actual business and support you all along the way to get the job you dreamed of.

Jansen
Utah County, UT, USA

TEFL

Overall

Day one of arriving in Thailand to begin my TEFL course was a book in itself. Upon arriving in Bangkok, I realized that the flight that I had booked to Phuket, was from a different airport than the one that I had landed in. Now, I have an hour and a half to get to the other airport on the opposite side of Bangkok and catch my connecting flight. As I leave the airport and get to the bus terminal, I reach in my backpack to grab my money/connecting flight information for the bus driver, only to realize that I had left my folder with my passport, flight ticket, money, and all of my other important papers somewhere in the airport. I went to Airport security and they wouldn't allow me to go back in. They told me they would send one of their guys in to go and find it. At this moment I thought all hope was lost. It was my first day out of the U.S. and I had already lost everything important to me. As I waited in the security room, nearly biting my fingers off from stress, to my surprise one of the workers came back, and to sure enough, he had my folder. Not a single dollar nor paper was missing. The travel gods had my back as a newbie traveler. I have been much more cautious with my important stuff from that day on, lesson learned.

If I could change one thing, it would be to put the training center a wii bit closer to the beach. But hey, a 15 minute motor bike ride isn't that bad...
Kaleb
Tokyo, Japan

A good course and a wonderful location

Overall

There are 3 good reasons why I would recommend doing a TEFL course at TEFL campus Phuket:

1. Phuket is a topical paradise - literally! It is a beautiful destination with all the offerings of a dream island - beautiful beaches, perfect weather all year round, a welcoming and friendly local population, amazingly fascinating cultural sights, added with probably the best cuisine in the world and a very low cost of living! However, as Phuket town is conveniently located, about 30 mins away from the beaches and the touristy areas, it gives students a safe zone of protection from the distractions of the endless excitements, allowing them to strike a good balance between leisure time and homework!

2. Good quality tuition - There is a lot of work that needs to be done for a TESOL certificate which was far beyond my expectation. The two instructors at TEFL campus (Eric and Simon) are highly experienced and very professional in their approach. They deliver a very effective syllabus that ensures students can successfully go through the course within the four week period. The Thai lessons they provide are probably unique to the school which gives an excellent perspective of the challenges of learning a foreign language. I also found the Teaching Practice very rewarding as I was teaching real Thai students from the local community. As well as giving me a real life teaching experience, it also game me the opportunity to connect with Thai people and learn more about their culture.

3. The course is accredited by Fort Hayes State University in Kansas - This is a useful attribute which gives the course a wider recognition. When I searched to enrol on a TEFL course, I realised that there were a limited number of courses on the market that were externally accredited by a recognised Educational authority and this was one of them. Employers value this feature of a TEFL certificate as it gives them the confidence they seek about the quality standards of the school.

Jean-Paul
Phuket

A campus that keeps on assisting you after you've finished the course!

Overall

I learnt a lot during my course and found the course content and methods of explaining and coaching it very effective. The facilities were excellent and the instructors were very well experienced. I received very thorough support prior to arrival and during my course. But what makes TEFL Campus and the team there stand out for me is their excellent efforts to help you secure work afterwards! I received a full time position with work permit from a local employer through their recommendation. Throughout the year I was offered additional work opportunities through them (including at their own campus) and even over a year after I completed the course, they still continue to help me find additional work.

Chonita

TEFL Course

Overall

I really enjoyed this course, although very intense and sometimes challenging I believe this is the right way to become certified as a teacher. Doing an online course wouldn't have provided the intimate experience of teaching classes of all different varying language skills to students. I am thankful for the experience and would recommend it to anyone interested in teaching english.

Only to tell trainees to get a binder or an organizer in the beginning of the course for all the important handouts you receive, I waited till the 3rd week and wish I would have been more prepared.
Sarah

The Best of the Best

Overall

I am very pleased with my decision to complete my TEFL at TEFL Campus in Phuket. There are so many benefits to taking the in-class course vs. online, and I’m glad I chose the route that I did. Being in a classroom setting with 13 other trainees from around the world was great. I was given the chance to meet some people who I know will be longtime friends. Also, the opportunity to have hands-on practice teaching in a classroom was helpful. I went into the course without any teaching experience, and left feeling confident in my teaching potential. The instructors provided some truly beneficial constructive criticism.
Also, I was able to land a job before the course was finished. This particular course has a great reputation. I’m thrilled that I’m able to stay on Phuket.
Overall, the course is fast paced and can be challenging at times, but it goes by all too quick. I wholeheartedly recommend TEFL Campus to anyone looking to earn their certificate.

Thomas
Western Kentucky University

A Solid TEFL Course on a Tropical Island . . . Seriously?

Overall

Yes, seriously. Phuket is a wonderful place with tons of things to see and do--from elephant trekking to snorkeling to trying all sorts of spectacular food to . . . well, you can look all of that up on your own. The truly amazing thing is that, amidst all of the great things there are to see and do on the island, there also exists TEFL Campus, a top-notch training center for those who want to teach English as a foreign or second language. I had been to Phuket before enrolling at TEFL Campus and I knew I wanted to return. When I found TEFL Campus on the Internet and saw that they had a campus in Phuket, I was almost immediately sold. The attentiveness of the staff and their quick responses to my e-mailed questions in the weeks leading up to my journey to Thailand made me even happier with my decision. And, once I actually arrived, there never was a doubt in my mind: the school itself, the superior instruction, the constant support (both in class and after course completion), the practical teaching experience and the friends and connections I made along the way all told me that I had made the right decision. If you're looking for an accredited TESOL certificate that provides outstanding value for the cost, and you don't mind living in a tropical paradise surrounded by wonderful people and--not to dwell on it--great food, I highly recommend TEFL Campus in Phuket. And, if you're waffling, get in touch with them. I guarantee their quick and honest answers will help lead you in the right direction.

While there are some small things within the program that I could nit-pick, I really can't come up with any big picture issues or problems. The course content is solid. The instruction is engaging, appropriate and fun. And, what a lot of people are understandably concerned about with any certification program, the job support has been spot-on, with an in-class visit from current teachers (who are graduates of the program), ongoing support from Day One in the creation and refinement of CVs and other application materials and very real guidance in the job search in each trainee's chosen areas of the world.
Halo
Rawai, Phuket

I RECOMMEND THIS COURSE FOR SURE!

Overall

I spent a lot of time online looking for a good, internationally recognized TEFL course. I am so glad I picked this one! I did the course in August and now I feel confident in my teaching abilities already even though I have no previous teaching experience. This is definitely due to the thorough guidance I received throughout the course. The directors were incredible! They were helpful and every day was enjoyable. There's a huge amount of text books and also computers to help with lesson planning. I recommend you do this course in particular to fully understand my enthusiasm towards it.

Rohan
Hyderabad, India

Engaging course in amazing Thailand

Overall

What makes TEFL campus a great place for TESOL certification is a combination of quite lucid and comprehensive course materials and excellent teaching staff and a paradise destination. Plus, there’s always a fun element and which makes this intensive course look very much achievable. I had couple of years of teaching experience before I took this course, however, there were many new aspects of teaching taught to me here which has greatly helped me improve my teaching skills. With or without teaching experience the course at TEFL campus will certainly help anyone who plans to teach abroad. Both Eric and Simon have been fantastic trainers and their immense support and commendable facilitation makes this course truly satisfying. I strongly recommend TEFL campus to all those who wish to teach English anywhere in the world

Wendy
Victoria, Australia
Monash University

TEFL course June/July 2015

Overall

I undertook the TEFL/TESOL Campus course commencing June 29 this year. Approaching the course from the perspective of an experienced teacher, I was unsure whether this would be something relevant and meaningful for myself. I was, in this context, there with somewhat different goals than a lot of other members of the group who were mostly young people seeking to use the qualification to work and travel. Although this may be on my radar for future plans, I was taking leave from my current job as an educator in a corrections facility in Victoria,Australia and returning to this job.
Given this scenario I was more than delighted by my experiences over the course of the month. I was challenged, inspired and enriched across all aspects of the course.
Eric and Simon run a tight, professional and well structured "ship". Content was demanding, even though I have been involved with education for a long time but I feel I would have been disappointed had it not been. At the completion of the course, I felt that my certificate really held value and relevance .I I had hoped to learn. I learned. I had hoped to have fun. I had fun.
I was inspired to take much of what I had learned into my classroom at home despite this being quite a different setting to those for which the course was intended.
I cannot speak highly enough of my Phuket experience and would gladly recommend it!
Wendy Hall

Phuket l, Thailand
West Liberty University

Great Experience Overall

Overall

My first night in Phuket, Thailand was an absolute nightmare! To be fair, I'm the one who created this nightmare by leaving my passport at the airport. Yes, a travalors biggest fear, quickly became my reality. Jetlagged, frantic and unable to communtcate with any locals, I contacted my course director, Eric. The first thing Eric said to me was "calm down, things like this have a way of working themselves out" I thought to myself "yeah, right thanks for the help" but, he immediately came to my accommodation and proceeded to give me instructions on what to do to get my passport back, he helped order me a cab back to the airport and explained my situation to the driver. Low and behold, the situation worked itself out and I found my passport at the airport, just as Eric had assured me I would. Now I know that Eric is not a fortune teller who knew was going to find my passport without a doubt. But, my point is that he was instantly there doing the best he could to help me through this extremely stressful situation. This kind of support from Eric and the rest of the staff followed throughout the duration of the course. Any questions or concerns I had were heard and answered promptly. I cannot express how great of an experience this has been for for me and do not regret my decision to take the TEFL course in Phuket. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who is serious about teaching abroad! But, don't take my word for it, come find out for yourself!

Taylor
Rohnert Park
Sonoma State University

Great Experience learning in Phuket, Thailand.

Overall

I decided to take the 4 week full-time TEFL certification course in Phuket, Thailand in May, 2015. I did my research and looked at various websites that offered TEFL courses and I was impressed with TEFL Campus Phuket Thailand.

The course outline on the website was easy to follow and my instructor gave us regular updates and feedback. As a first time traveler, I had never been outside of the United States, so naturally I had a bunch of questions and concerns. My instructor was extremely helpful and answered every question I had. Even before I signed up, my instructor responded to my e-mails in a timely fashion.

When I was deciding whether to complete my certificate online or in a classroom, the difference in cost between the two definitively made me consider the cheaper one. I made the decision to choose the classroom course because it would offer me skills that I wouldn't be able to get from an online course. I think the classroom atmosphere is more beneficial then an online course because you are actually put in front of a class and have hands on experience . There are things an on-line course just simply can't prepare you for when you first start teaching.

I had a great time during my 4 weeks completing this course. I definitely believe I was fully prepared for teaching in a classroom. The hours required for studying and preparing were just right. It never felt overwhelming or to hard. At times it seemed a little difficult because I have never taught before, but with the assistance of my instructors, I had all the tools I needed.

If I could change one thing about the course, I would include the different classroom atmospheres we will see in real life. We taught a small class with about 10 students and a class with one student. I wish we had experienced a classroom with children, as many of the jobs in Thailand are teaching primary and secondary students. On my first day, it was a little overwhelming, but I soon got the hang of things. Being exposed to the different classroom atmospheres would greatly prepare us for what classrooms are really like. I think if the course partnered with a school it would make its teachers ready for what is to come.

Accredited by an American university, moderated by established TEFL professionals, licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus prepares trainees for the classroom and leaves graduates feeling confident that their time and money was well spent.

From visa applications and arrival information, to lesson planning and job support, our services are meaningful and comprehensive. With TEFL Campus, you'll deliver practice lessons to real students and meet experienced teachers who are able to help you find a job after the course.