TEFL Campus Phuket: 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification Course

Accredited by an American university, moderated by TEFL experts and licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus is Phuket's highest-independently-rated TEFL training and certification course.

TEFL Campus' 120 hours of training include observed teaching practice, guided lesson planning and professionally designed lectures that prepare trainees for the classroom. We also offer meaningful job support that starts before the course begins and continues throughout your career. Our proven job support has helped hundreds of trainees find teaching jobs on Phuket, in Thailand and throughout Asia.

No other course offers the services we provide at the prices we offer. Sign up with TEFL Campus and receive unique discounts and special offers throughout the year.

• University Accreditation
  • 98% Overall Customer Satisfaction
  • Comprehensive Job Support
  • Access to Graduates Community on Facebook
  • Meaningful Pre-arrival Support

Schools generally hire when they need teachers which is the beginning of the school year but from what I've seen, there are jobs being offered all year round (not as many choices thought). Each school has difference starting dates as a lot of the schools are private and choose their own holidays.
We received job placement information. Throughout the course we were offered to apply for a wide range of jobs from all over Thailand. After you complete the course, you are added onto a Tefl campus graduate Facebook page where jobs are posted all the time. Tefl Campus helped us refine and develop a good cv specific for teaching in Thailand and they prepared us on how to have a good demo lesson in...
I went to Phuket with my wife, and during the course we spent roughly $300 per week. So $150 per week per person should do you well. We mostly spent money on food and drinks, didn't make any tourist purchases. You could spend even less if you wanted to, but we ate at decent restaurants. Street food is incredibly cheap, and some people survive on that, but it is all fried and not particularly...
I checked their website and it looks like both a college degree and teaching experience aren't required! If you want more information take a look: http://www.teflcampus.com/tefl-tesol-courses/requirements/

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 8.8
  • Instruction 9.6
  • Difficulty 8.6
  • Job Assistance 9.3
  • Instruction 10
Klaudia

Great!

It's absolutely everything you need to start your journey to become English teacher. Very intense and demanding, so by the end you'll be exhausted, but very happy! Practice lessons you'll have with students will let you taste how working as teacher looks like and also give you a little of precious experience. Eric and Simon offer not just knowledge, but also any assistance and support you might need during the course.
Course definitely worth doing!

Jennifer

TEFL Campus Phuket

Great course. Provides a good base of knowledge and also the knowledge on how to go about continuing to learn and advance should you choose to. Actual practice teaching and lesson planning along with learning aspects of the English language that we, as native speakers, might not be consciously aware of that are very important to teaching English to speakers of other languages.

On a more personal note, if you are like me and tend to do better with more gradual learning, you may find this course a bit stressful. It's very much a dive-right-in style, which it has to be because of the amount of content they fit into a very short time. It's still very doable and just try to be open to making mistakes. The more you make in the course the more you can avoid later in an actual job. The staff are good about giving constructive criticism and helping you learn from each experience. They can also be very direct in telling you if you have certain things that you really need to work on. Again, if you're like me, just remember that now is the time to hear this stuff so you can be aware of it and work on it for your actual job if you are planning on getting a job after.

The area was very enjoyable. Lots of places and things to do within walking distance, and even more if you rent a motorbike. Buses were easy to use, especially since most of the people were very friendly and helpful even if you didn't know any Thai. The beaches were stunning. The food was excellent. There was not a lot of time during the course to go do larger things like island tours or zip-lining, elephant sanctuary, staying the night elsewhere. Certainly doable, but there is a bit of work outside the classroom, so I personally didn't have time to do a lot of sightseeing and such during the course. For that reason, if you don't plan on staying in Thailand, I would recommend, if you can, at least staying a couple weeks after the course.

Stayed at both Phuket Center Apartments (only for 4 days) and Sakul House (for the rest of the time). Both were great. Phuket Center Apartments (PCA) has larger rooms with a more western style shower and much less noise pollution from the road. The internet seemed a bit tricky for the few days I was there, but maybe easy enough to get used to. There is a great little store right outside of PCA for snacks and water, soap, shampoo, etc. Very close to lots of restaurants and shops and a walking street market on the weekends. Sakul House is a bit more homey, less hotel-like. It came to feel like a second home. Rooms are smaller, but still plenty of room, especially since most of the time other than sleeping and homework is spent outside the room. The road noise is definitely loud if you're not used to that sort of thing. The owner is awesome and the lady that cleans the rooms as well. Also within easy walking distance of several restaurants and still pretty easy walking distance into Old Phuket, even though it's farther than from PCA. There's even a new market that opened up right next to it. The giant weekend market is about a 20 minute walk from Sakul. Both are easy walking distance to the school.

Both the course and Thailand were amazing. Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in teaching English as a foreign language and even if you're not interested in that, I would highly recommend visiting Thailand. Learned lots and had a ton of fun.

Not a lot in the way of snacks/refreshments provided at the school. There is a cafe nearby, though. The Thai lessons didn't seem very well thought-out/planned. Although this might have been because the normal person who did the Thai lessons wasn't available the month I was there...

Didn't feel like I was always on the same page as the instructors when it came to lesson planning, not totally following their line of thought, etc., and got the sense that I needed to be or I was doing it wrong in their opinion. Was great getting their feedback and hearing their thoughts since they have so much experience, but might also be nice if they gave a bit more direction if they're wanting something specific, or be more open to the fact that some people won't be thinking on their same wavelength, especially if they've never done anything like this before. Doesn't mean we're stupid or can't do it or won't get better. Just that we don't know what they know and don't have the experience they have. Things they think are very simple might not be so simple for others. Maybe be more aware of this when giving feedback and criticism so it doesn't come across as though, if you don't pick everything up perfectly in the very short time of the course, then you are not doing well at all.

Also, would be nice to make sure it's very clear that things like sunscreen and bug spray, while available, are expensive. So it's a good idea to bring them with you if you can.
Celina

Highly recommend!

Thailand is a beautiful country and it was amazing meeting my fellow TEFL students and Thai locals. This course is worth what you pay and more. There is a lot packed into the 4-week course but it's well worth it! The time will fly by especially in Phuket! I am currently back in the US now but am already planning my next trip back! I plan to teach online for now but I am grateful for the experience I gained during the course. I was lucky to have such skilled instructors and great feedback after my practice lessons.

Yannick

Great Course

The course with TEFL Phuket was good! They help you find a job and a lot of assistance after. Im not native English speaker so was little worried if I would be able to do it but it all went fine, even learning how to teach was scary at first but they help you build up till you can do it own your own. We had nice and friendly classes, in real life its not always like that of course. All in all a good course, little pricy but thats for everyone different I guess.

Rory

Review of TEFL campus

I thought that the teachers and information given was very helpful. Teachers were very thorough when going over the information. overall was given a lot of help, guidance, and direction. Lesson planning was a lot easier because of the books they had but not all schools have that available. All lessons were taught to adults even though most jobs you will be teaching ages 4-16. Resources available to us were very helpful and the last three weeks you have a lot of spare time during the day if your not teaching.

There is only one thing I would suggest and that wouls be to have the lessons we taught be other than adults. The lesson planning and actual teaching in the course is nothing like what you are actually doing in real life. Course was also pretty expensive.
Erin

TEFL Team

TEFL Campus threw me into a new community with people excited to experience a new culture and learn a new skill. The instructors were welcoming and ready to share information of Phuket and the course. I learned a lot very fast. The 4 weeks of the course was packed full of learning and teaching. The instructors were very knowledgeable about the course information and analyzing our teaching practices. I feel confident that I could teach a class effectively with the skills acquired from Eric and his team.

John

Now Fully Confident to Enter the TEFL Work Force

I highly recommend taking this program if you are considering a career in TEFL/TESOL. It is very challenging, but very rewarding, and you should feel ready to start your career in the field by the end of the four week course. After teaching 6 observed lessons, receiving so many helpful materials and feedback, and being assured of the dedicated job support, how could that not be the case?

Arielle

Great Experience, Hardwork

This course was tough work, but I feel pretty well prepared to begin teaching. The instructors, staff, Thai students and student peers were all fabulous and fun to work with. I'm glad I chose to take an in-person on-site course rather than online. It was really cool to begin my time abroad with a huge support system, it made the transition really easy. The month flew by! Between observed teaching, assignments, and independent study, it was hard to find time to do much else but eat. I only wish I'd had more time to go to the beach.

nathan

Awesome month @ TEFLcampus Phuket

I had an awesome experience doing my TEFL certification at TEFL campus Phuket.

From the pre-course info ,up to the last day of the course, our instructors were outstanding and supportive in any possible way. I learned a lot about teaching English and I feel confident to enter the class room. This course had the right balance between theory and practice. I am confident that with the right mindset, dedication, perseverance and focus, any applicant will successfully finish this course at TEFL campus Phuket.

Beau

Another Chang please.

Solid course to prepare the unprepared for the world of teaching. Easy enough to wrap your head around if your head is screwed on straight. Good introduction, airport pickup and settling for those new to Phuket. Well recommended. From ski bum to the guiding light of future students of the English language. Good opportunity to be employed halfway through the course for some dedicated and motivated students.

Just try not to drink too much, or worse, not enough.

Amy

Very well-organized

This course was super well-organized. It's very apparent that Eric, Simon, and Sue have been doing this for a while. Each lesson and assignment had a clear purpose. The staff is very supportive with lesson plans/ job searches/ general support. Would definitely recommend this program!

Would be really helpful if you gave us a binder with all assignments to stay organized. I know it takes a lot of time to organize that many binders, but if you just had the main packets and labelled dividers (completed lessons/ phonetics/ thai/ etc.) in there to start, you could give us handouts that were 3-hole-punched it would be so helpful.
Julia

A great experience!

If you're looking for a holiday on a great island with amazing people then TEFL Campus is definitely the best place to do it! All the staff are amazingly friendly and give amazing support for whatever the student needs.

In addition to the amazing support, it's a lot of fun to do your course on Phuket - fun all year round (hopefully if it's not raining!) but definitely worth it.

The course is incredibly intense but definitely worth the experience. I would recommend who plays as hard as they work to do their course at TEFL campus on Phuket!

Sara

TEFL Campus Phuket

I would definitely recommend taking the in class certification, you'll be more prepared to start your journey. My experience with TEFL Campus Phuket was amazing and i fell very happy of my choice. My group had different nationalities and awesome personalities. The course staff provided us with support even before starting the course. Different personalities of the staff enriched the content of the certification.

Lolly

highly recommended TEFL course!!!!!

TEFL Campus Phuket prepares you very thoroughly to be able to set forth and teach abroad. Sure, there is no job guarantee but the support and resources offered are more than enough to find a job. 2 weeks into the course, I had secured a full-time teaching job at an elementary school (to begin when the course finished) simply through the resources provided to me! I am so eternally happy that I didn't get my TEFL online and did it on location in Thailand. The teachers at TEFL Campus Phuket are more than great, they are awesome and unique individuals with incredible character and personality and I feel lucky to have spent a month with them. Now that the month is over I feel as though a part of me is missing but it's the exact opposite; I've gained so much! I highly recommend TEFL Campus Phuket to anyone looking at getting their TEFL. Bring a few pens, a great notebook, and be ready to learn and laugh!

Wendy

TEFL Campus Phuket

Prior to choosing a TEFL program I did extensive research that encompassed the full gamut of offerings. Online, on location, cheap, expensive, on site and still at the end of the day it is all somewhat of a gamble. My experience with TEFL Campus Phuket was better than I had could have imagined. The support started after the first contact form e-mail and has continued in the same capacity even after being offered a job before completing the course. If you put in the work, you will undoubtedly see the results. The faculty and staff are top notch and are even fun outside of the classroom! The education is excellent, the program delivers everything as expected and even exceeded my expectations. I already have and will continue to recommended this program without hesitation, it is run by true professionals that have experience and want you to be successful in your EFL career.

About TEFL Campus Phuket

Accredited by an American university, moderated by established TEFL professionals, licensed by Thailand's Ministry of Education, TEFL Campus prepares trainees...