TEFL Heaven Ho Chi Minh City & Paid Job Vietnam

TEFL Heaven Ho Chi Minh City & Paid Job Vietnam

We offer a fantastic opportunity to earn your TEFL certification in the exciting city of Ho Chi Minh. Our TEFL team deliver exciting and fun training with a hands on, face-to-face style giving you the experience and confidence to put you qualification to good use and teach!

On completion of the 4 week course you will be guaranteed a job throughout Vietnam, taking away the worry of finding work!
*We even guarantee jobs for non-native English speakers!*

Asia » Vietnam » Ho Chi Minh City

• Job Assistance

Ryan
University of Glasgow

New City, New Teacher!

The course provided through Tefl Heaven was a fantastic entry point to teaching English abroad. the program was well structured, providing instructor-led classroom based learning while also emphasizing practical, hands-on experiences. As a newly employed teacher, I can see how valuable it is for me to have had actual classroom experience. I was better prepared to lead engaging and creative lessons and to effectively manage student learning. The theoretical element of the course forms a useful backbone for me now, providing a knowledge base which I frequently return to.
Despite its somewhat academic style- the instructors are trying to prepare you for a job, after all- I feel I really must stress: the course is FUN! You will meet loads of great, like-minded people, keen to make friends in a new environment, and the instructors go above and beyond to facilitate a community style atmosphere, providing great information about where to explore in the local area in your days off with your new friends. The welcome evening before the course starts is a great way to meet your fellow TEFL trainees.
My main piece of advice would be to enjoy your time on the program. While it might feel busy at times there's always someone on hand to provide help and advice. Take the time to get to know your new city with your new friends, work hard and have fun!

Sophie
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Liverpool John Moores University

Great Experience

The 4 week TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh was brilliant. It provides you with everything you need to know before entering the world of teaching English as a foreign language here. The first week of the course is very informative, providing you with the knowledge and skills needed in this field. The tutor was excellent with a wealth of experience behind him that he was able to share with us. You also get hands on experiences of teaching practices with Vietnamese students, which take place in different schools around the city. This part of the course is why face-to-face learning is much better than taking an online TEFL course. I would recommend this course to anyone considering teaching English in Vietnam.

Zak
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Liverpool John Moores University

Well worth the money

At first when I saw the cost of the course I was dubious but, after speaking to a friend who came through TEFL heaven when he went to teach in Thailand he convinced me it was worth the money and I'm so glad I listened to him. During the 4 week teacher training course you are required to observe three 2 hour observations of existing teachers and then you are required to complete 7 teaching practices to actual students. This can be daunting at first but you get assistance with completing lesson plans for the lessons and you get feedback after every session so that you can learn from your mistakes and improve next time. This hands on teaching experience alone I think is worth the money but then upon completion of the course you are guaranteed a paid job. People on my course finished the course on Thursday and started a job on Monday - it all depends on whether you want to go straight into work or have a few weeks off like I did. I'm now working for one of the top schools in Vietnam earning just under $20 an hour and I also receive $200 a month living allowance off my school.

Eva

Kind, Responsive Staff

I chose this program due to how helpful the staff members that I spoke to were. They were quick to respond to any questions and provide me with information to the best of their abilities. However, looking back on the process of being recruited it was clear that they did not have the most accurate of information. There was a very obvious disconnect between the recruiters and the actual TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City. As far as the course goes, the instructor connected very well with the students and was clearly an experienced educator. The thing that I'm truly thankful for and that I feel prepared me the most to be a teacher was the practicum. Just getting experience in a classroom was truly invaluable.

Better guidance on getting a job.

flora
London College of Communication

I felt prepared to teach

The best thing about this course is definitely the practical element. We had seven teaching practice's altogether - with both classmates and Vietnamese students. Being someone that does not like public speaking, this was extremely nerve racking at first. However, after seven teaching practices, with feedback, i felt ready and prepared to teach. It was especially helpful and also interesting to have the opportunity to teach a range of ages during the time on the course.

The lessons delivered to us seemed to focus a lot on getting us - the students, up in front of the class speaking, a lot of the time this was about irrelevant topics (just for fun). At the beginning of the course this made sense, it was all about bringing people out of the shells, becoming both confident within the class and also in speaking in front of a class too. I think this was good. However after two weeks we were still doing this, i understand the presentation element is extremely vital whilst teaching but if we were still to spend a lot of time presenting to the class - i think there could of been more focus on important topics (towards the end of the course) Grammar was skimmed over so fast, we were told to google on our phones the definitions and then copy eachother (into our books) - no one actually came out of the lesson with any understanding. Whilst i like that the course isn't grammar heavy and i do agree that amount of information is hard to retain - you would have to recap before a class anyway. I think that if we were spending time presenting to the group anyway we might as well of presented something useful i.e grammar - just for one session. Another thing that was skimmed over was the essays - i know a lot of English people on the course hadn't ever written an essay/hadn't written one in years and really struggled with it. Let alone the foreign students. That's another thing we could have spent a bit of time discussing/presenting. To sum up, i like the fun aspect but it could be better balanced - we seemed to cover quite a bit of irrelevant stuff and a lot of important things were barely covered.

Ben

Vietnam TESOL

A very rewarding experience with hands on teaching, lesson planning and a job guaranteed shorty after the end of the course. Some improvements to the group exercises would be great but all in all i would recommend it to any first time teachers looking to get their foot in the door.

Since the course has finished i have 2 part time jobs making up a steady wage so have decided to stay living in Ho Chi Minh City but there is opportunities to find work in all parts of Vietnam which is very temping as the hussle and bussle of the town is something very different to England and to some of the more scenic parts of the country.

Better group activities and more discussion about the essays.

Ashley
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Great in-class practice, fun course, and local location

Overall, I got what I was hoping to get out of this course! The skills they taught were relevant, and I felt very prepared going into my first teaching job after completing the course. I also liked how much teaching practice you get throughout the month. It was very helpful and practical for hands on learning! Additionally, I enjoyed living in the place I would be teaching while studying my TEFL. It gave me a chance to adjust and get comfortable in my new setting while surrounded by like-minded people.

I do think the school could improve on their job search assistance. They did provide me with a job, but it was poorly paid and wayyyy out of the city centre. I was not happy with this option, but in their minds, their job was done because they had found me a job. I continued my search and found something I was happy with by myself.

Mary
Vietnm
University of the West of England

Come to Vietnam for the course, stay for the people, food and scenery.

I completed my TESOL course at the end of May and 9 days later I was teaching in one of the most beautiful areas of Vietnam, google Ha Long Bay people because if you are already tempted by Vietnam then those pictures will make up your mind, they did for me.
This course is in HMCM and the city is great, it is loud and busy and everything you would expect from a big city in a country that is constantly evolving.
The course was great, I think the best part for me was the people I met and the fun we had together, I was worried at 33 that the group would all be younger than me but my class ranged from 20 to mid 50's and all wonderful people who I am still in contact with and looking forward to seeing again when I travel back down the country.
I felt that during the course I was given all of the essential information I needed in my teaching and as I had no experience previously I was very grateful to the teachers who were informative and fun, the hands on teaching experience was nerve wracking but so useful to build my confidence.
I really enjoyed this course and Vietnam is a great place to live and teach. The Vietnamese people are also extremely helpful and friendly to foreigners.

The staff could be a little better at providing information about the course before you arrive in the city, I had so many questions. They were happy to answer them but providing information up front would have been more helpful. The course itself was great.

Hannah

Great course

This course is a really good way to gain your TEFL certification while adjusting to life in HCMC. I did my course in March. The accommodation is great - people were either in shared houses or really high standard hotels. The course instructors are great and everyone involved is super helpful. I got a job within two weeks, which I love. The course is a great way to meet people in a new country.
Would definitely recommend.

Gayane

TEFL Vietnam Program

I joined the program with no previous teaching experience, and it gave me very valuable knowledge and skills through a very well structured curriculum, lessons delivered in a very friendly and supportive environment and most importantly hands-on practical experience of teaching during the course itself.
Both the trainers and support staff were awesome, and I had a job offer before the course was even over! And I have been using the knowledge and skills gained during the training every single day in my work.
Living in Ho Chi Minh for the 4 weeks of the course was a great introduction into the Vietnamese life and culture.
The course is great if you are starting your teach abroad journey - highly recommend it!

The only thing I can think of is to add a little bit more in-depth information about the visas and work permits in Vietnam - the process and paperwork involved is very complicated. The course did have a high level session, I think a more in-dept session would benefit the participants. Other than this everything was great!

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hi Gayane,
Thanks so much for leaving a review of the program :) I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, and we've loved seeing your journey! I'll definitely pass on the message about visas, so thanks for bringing that to our attention.
Kind regards,
Charlie - The TEFL Heaven Team

Natalie
Bristol
University of the West

My life is so different and I love it!

I started my TEFL course in Vietnam in November 2016 and I loved it. It was intense but the course is progressive so you build upon your teaching skills over the course of the weeks - from observing a real life class to finally teaching one alone! By the end of the course, I was confident enough to teach in local schools - even though I came from an office job and had never taught before! The programme is very supportive and will provide assistance for anything - from finding a doctor to getting your laundry done! Now I've moved out of that district, I do miss the life I had when I was doing my course which included a morning smoothie from the local vendor which cost 70p as well as the best beer bar which sold a glass of beer for around 15p!

I am now living in Ho Chi Minh city and got a job within 2 weeks of finishing the course in one of the largest language schools in the city (it would have been sooner but I went travelling for a week!) and I am now settled in the way of life here. I have my own apartment for around £270 per month with a salary of around £1600 per month with the potential to work more hours if I choose! Ho Chi Minh has many districts which can cater for whatever experience you want from Vietnam and that doesn't include all the nearby rural areas that are desperate for teachers if you don't like the city life!

It has been an incredible experience and the people I met on the course has meant that I have made life long friends with a similiar mindset, which I love. I was also given the opportunity to meet the students on the course after mine and so I now have a large network of people who have become like my family!

It still doesn't feel real to me that I'm actually a teacher now and I don't regret moving to Vietnam from my previous life at all. It has been the best decision I ever made.

Response from TEFL Heaven

Hey Natalie,
Thanks for taking the time to review the program in Ho Chi Minh. The course is intense for sure, but it really prepares you to become a brilliant teacher! Which, from the photos of your classes you teach we've seen, you are :)
Kind regards,
Charlie - The TEFL Heaven Team

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English