TEFL Heaven Ho Chi Minh City & Paid Job Vietnam

We offer a fantastic opportunity to earn your TEFL certification in the exciting city of Ho Chi Minh. Our TEFL team deliver exciting and fun training with a hands on, face-to-face style giving you the experience and confidence to put you qualification to good use and teach!

On completion of the 4 week course you will be guaranteed a job throughout Vietnam, taking away the worry of finding work!
*We even guarantee jobs for non-native English speakers!*

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
  • Instruction 8.8
  • Difficulty 6.4
  • Job Assistance 8.2
Jessica Stavick Vietnam
Jessica

TEFL Heaven is a Great Way to Get Your Teaching Abroad Experience Started

I used TEFL Heaven to obtain my TESOL certificate in Vietnam. From the start, the TEFL Heaven team was very helpful in helping me make my decision. They followed up with me regularly and helped me throughout the process. They assisted me with all my questions about life in Vietnam and finding a job after the program.

The experience was very well organized and I would definitely recommend them. There's free accommodation during the program and there's a TON of assistance in finding a job after the program is over. Took about one week for some of the students to find jobs - well worth it.

Cuong

Teaching in Ho Chi Minh

Coming to Vietnam and obtaining my TESOL was simple and smooth process. Being able to have hands on experience was great as this is my first time teaching. There's quite a lot to do in the 4 weeks (observations, lectures, essays, lesson planning, practice classes, eating and drinking!), but once everything is done - you'll feel ready to take on any class.

One of the things I liked about the course is that it gives everyone a chance to network with other new teachers - this makes the whole process of moving to another country slightly less lonely.

I was also given help to find a job and everyone on my course was successful in finding a job.

All in all, I am very happy with the course.

- More teaching practice
Jamie
Jamie

TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh

I was sick of me boring job at the bank and I've always wanted to go on adventure, travel the world and experience living and working in a totally different country. I stumbled on the website of TEFL heaven and after talking to them I knew this was the time. To be honest I was very nervous. I've travelled quite a bit but I had never been to Asia before, so as you can imagine this was a big step! I had so many questions about everything and the thing I love about the people who work at TEFL Heaven is that they respond extremely quick and take time to guide you threw the whole process.

The course itself was great. In just four weeks you gain so much experience and at the end you are truly ready and confident to teach. I didn't think this was really possible.

I started the TEFL course in November. After I went traveling for a bit and at the moment I am living in an awesome appartement in Ho Chi Minh, together with two friends I met during the course. I'm working at a high school here and I love it. Working here is very fun and grateful and I'm so happy I made this decision.

If you have any doubts or are nervous just like me I would really say, do it! It's an awesome experience and living in Vietnam is so nice. I can go on and on about the best people ever and don't even get me started about the food. Adjusting here was much more easy than I thought actually and by doing the course you meet a lot of people who are in the same boat which creates a great band.

Laura

A Great Experience in Vietnam

Taking the opportunity to come to Vietnam to obtain a TESOL certification through this course is one of the best decisions I've made. Getting to practice teaching in front of Vietnamese students and experience what the classroom atmosphere is like is invaluable. A lot is crammed into the 4-week course (lectures, classroom observations, lesson planning, teaching practice, essay writing, etc.), but after completing it, I feel incredibly prepared to take on my own classes in Vietnam.
Not only does this course provide you with excellent preparation for becoming an English teacher in Vietnam, but it also gives you a network of friends that end up teaching all over the country. It's so much fun to get to know people from all over the world and I know I've made some incredible friendships with the people from my course.

One important aspect of the course is getting everyone comfortable being up in front of the class. There were many solo and group activities which required us to present in front of the class, which was incredibly helpful at first. During the last week of lectures it began to feel a little monotonous having groups of students come up to present on the same topic over and over when most of us just wanted time to work on our essays and plan our practice lessons.
In addition, the job guarantee seems pretty appealing when first reading about the course, but it isn't really that simple. We still need to apply to companies and schools on our own and go through the interview process just like any other applicant would do. This certainly isn't a problem, but it should be made clear at the beginning of the course that it will require more effort from us to obtain a job.
Alexander

Tefl Heaven - TESOL certification program

TEFL Heaven I found was extremely helpful and would respond to any questions or concerns I had very quickly. They would respond to e-mails within 24-48 hours with open arms and full explanations of any questions that I asked of them, as well as asking me post-course how well I enjoyed the course and if there was anything else they could do for me. The program itself was beneficial as it gave hands-on experience with teaching as well as the opportunity to watch experienced teachers give lessons. The in-class component and "homework" (essays and journal writing) were rather easy and straight forward which makes it easy for anyone who may be interested to come and do it. Personally I would recommend doing this course and using TEFL Heaven as they were very helpful and laid out the steps for applying, paying, and whatever else I needed to do.
The course was unique as it gave me a chance to meet new people from around the world while becoming certified to teach the youth of Vietnam. I came along with a friend from home however I believe if you were to come alone then you would have no issues at all as our whole class was very friendly and spent a lot of time together inside and outside of class. I am very happy to have taken this course and it impacted me positively in the long-run.

Generally I found this program to sufficiently offer what I needed it to for my teaching needs. I suppose if there was anything to improve upon it would be being more active in helping the course participants in finding a job as opposed to simply sending a link to recruiters e-mails and basically getting us to do the searching. I understand it is our responsibility to find a job but if you write that you guarantee a job then you should be more involved in actually finding a job.
Katie

New Life, Who Dis?

I am so happy to be leaving a review for this company. Firstly, I'm currently settled in a really cool house in Hanoi. I live with a couple of others who I did the course with. Our group consisted of 13 people from a whole range of backgrounds but with all the same purpose - to train to become English teachers. I still stay in touch with the majority of the people from the course now, what a great opportunity to meet people in this new country!
That's one of the best things to emphasise about anyone considering doing the course through TEFL Heaven - you may be thrown out of your comfort zone at first but you're never alone, which makes the transition into this new culture so much easier. Also, the first night involves a welcome party with plenty of food and booze whilst you mingle with other members of the course AS WELL AS teachers from previous courses.
Secondly, I cannot express how brilliant the TEFL Heaven team are back in the UK. Such a supportive, understanding and on-the-ball company. I had soooo many questions after I committed to joining the course and I was always answered promptly, professionally and thoroughly - no matter what the question was. So thanks for that TEFL Heaven you beauts!
Becoming an English teacher abroad turns you into a sort-of celebrity in the eyes of the locals, I quite often have random conversations with Vietnamese who want to practice their English whilst walking down the street or whilst you're in the back of their taxi. The Vietnamese are such wonderful, genuine people who cannot do enough for you - they certainly make this country feel like a home-from-home and I honestly can't imagine myself returning to the UK any time soon.
The best piece of advice I can give to anyone considering this course is to push your hesitations to one side, open your mind and take the leap. It could be the best decision you ever make.
Also the food here is bluddy good... just saying

Generally, there aren't many things that need addressing with this course. My only regret is that I didn't ask more appropriate questions before I left the UK. I.e. I wasn't aware how cold Hanoi can get during the winter so I didn't really pack any warm clothes - but that's my problem.
A bit more focus on teaching techniques for kindergarten age would've been helpful as I don't have any previous experience with children.
Nayan

Valuable experience!

The program starts on a Sunday night with an informal welcomes-get together, with all your new course mates and teachers. During the course (which takes four weeks) there are interactive classes about all the aspects of teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). One thing that I really appreciated was that the group of about 40 students was divided into 3 smaller groups for these classes. This gives you the opportunity to have a more personal relationship with the teacher and all your classmates, which in turn enables you to feel more comfortable, have fun and learn more, in comparison with a group of 40 students in one classroom. During the four weeks there are also 8 observing hours, in which you observe a teacher having a real ESL class. When these 8 hours are logged, you continue with 12 hours of practicing real teaching! This was quite exciting since giving a presentation had never been one of my strong skills. However the first of these teaching practices is before a small group of the 40 students, your peers. They were all very friendly, since they knew it is the first time of teaching ESL. The other teaching practices were all real ESL classes, varying in age from five till adults. Some of the remaining teaching practices were in our own school and others in other language schools in the neighbourhood. These teaching practices are really a valuable experience, which you do not get if you just do one of these courses online. Because an online course cannot teach you what 25 seven year olds can! (Yes in one of my teaching practices I had to teach 25 kids of seven year old, and surprisingly I enjoyed it!)

Ryan

New City, New Teacher!

The course provided through Tefl Heaven was a fantastic entry point to teaching English abroad. the program was well structured, providing instructor-led classroom based learning while also emphasizing practical, hands-on experiences. As a newly employed teacher, I can see how valuable it is for me to have had actual classroom experience. I was better prepared to lead engaging and creative lessons and to effectively manage student learning. The theoretical element of the course forms a useful backbone for me now, providing a knowledge base which I frequently return to.
Despite its somewhat academic style- the instructors are trying to prepare you for a job, after all- I feel I really must stress: the course is FUN! You will meet loads of great, like-minded people, keen to make friends in a new environment, and the instructors go above and beyond to facilitate a community style atmosphere, providing great information about where to explore in the local area in your days off with your new friends. The welcome evening before the course starts is a great way to meet your fellow TEFL trainees.
My main piece of advice would be to enjoy your time on the program. While it might feel busy at times there's always someone on hand to provide help and advice. Take the time to get to know your new city with your new friends, work hard and have fun!

Sophie

Great Experience

The 4 week TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh was brilliant. It provides you with everything you need to know before entering the world of teaching English as a foreign language here. The first week of the course is very informative, providing you with the knowledge and skills needed in this field. The tutor was excellent with a wealth of experience behind him that he was able to share with us. You also get hands on experiences of teaching practices with Vietnamese students, which take place in different schools around the city. This part of the course is why face-to-face learning is much better than taking an online TEFL course. I would recommend this course to anyone considering teaching English in Vietnam.

Zak

Well worth the money

At first when I saw the cost of the course I was dubious but, after speaking to a friend who came through TEFL heaven when he went to teach in Thailand he convinced me it was worth the money and I'm so glad I listened to him. During the 4 week teacher training course you are required to observe three 2 hour observations of existing teachers and then you are required to complete 7 teaching practices to actual students. This can be daunting at first but you get assistance with completing lesson plans for the lessons and you get feedback after every session so that you can learn from your mistakes and improve next time. This hands on teaching experience alone I think is worth the money but then upon completion of the course you are guaranteed a paid job. People on my course finished the course on Thursday and started a job on Monday - it all depends on whether you want to go straight into work or have a few weeks off like I did. I'm now working for one of the top schools in Vietnam earning just under $20 an hour and I also receive $200 a month living allowance off my school.

Vietnam
Eva

Kind, Responsive Staff

I chose this program due to how helpful the staff members that I spoke to were. They were quick to respond to any questions and provide me with information to the best of their abilities. However, looking back on the process of being recruited it was clear that they did not have the most accurate of information. There was a very obvious disconnect between the recruiters and the actual TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City. As far as the course goes, the instructor connected very well with the students and was clearly an experienced educator. The thing that I'm truly thankful for and that I feel prepared me the most to be a teacher was the practicum. Just getting experience in a classroom was truly invaluable.

Better guidance on getting a job.
flora

I felt prepared to teach

The best thing about this course is definitely the practical element. We had seven teaching practice's altogether - with both classmates and Vietnamese students. Being someone that does not like public speaking, this was extremely nerve racking at first. However, after seven teaching practices, with feedback, i felt ready and prepared to teach. It was especially helpful and also interesting to have the opportunity to teach a range of ages during the time on the course.

The lessons delivered to us seemed to focus a lot on getting us - the students, up in front of the class speaking, a lot of the time this was about irrelevant topics (just for fun). At the beginning of the course this made sense, it was all about bringing people out of the shells, becoming both confident within the class and also in speaking in front of a class too. I think this was good. However after two weeks we were still doing this, i understand the presentation element is extremely vital whilst teaching but if we were still to spend a lot of time presenting to the class - i think there could of been more focus on important topics (towards the end of the course) Grammar was skimmed over so fast, we were told to google on our phones the definitions and then copy eachother (into our books) - no one actually came out of the lesson with any understanding. Whilst i like that the course isn't grammar heavy and i do agree that amount of information is hard to retain - you would have to recap before a class anyway. I think that if we were spending time presenting to the group anyway we might as well of presented something useful i.e grammar - just for one session. Another thing that was skimmed over was the essays - i know a lot of English people on the course hadn't ever written an essay/hadn't written one in years and really struggled with it. Let alone the foreign students. That's another thing we could have spent a bit of time discussing/presenting. To sum up, i like the fun aspect but it could be better balanced - we seemed to cover quite a bit of irrelevant stuff and a lot of important things were barely covered.
Ben

Vietnam TESOL

A very rewarding experience with hands on teaching, lesson planning and a job guaranteed shorty after the end of the course. Some improvements to the group exercises would be great but all in all i would recommend it to any first time teachers looking to get their foot in the door.

Since the course has finished i have 2 part time jobs making up a steady wage so have decided to stay living in Ho Chi Minh City but there is opportunities to find work in all parts of Vietnam which is very temping as the hussle and bussle of the town is something very different to England and to some of the more scenic parts of the country.

Better group activities and more discussion about the essays.
Ashley

Great in-class practice, fun course, and local location

Overall, I got what I was hoping to get out of this course! The skills they taught were relevant, and I felt very prepared going into my first teaching job after completing the course. I also liked how much teaching practice you get throughout the month. It was very helpful and practical for hands on learning! Additionally, I enjoyed living in the place I would be teaching while studying my TEFL. It gave me a chance to adjust and get comfortable in my new setting while surrounded by like-minded people.

I do think the school could improve on their job search assistance. They did provide me with a job, but it was poorly paid and wayyyy out of the city centre. I was not happy with this option, but in their minds, their job was done because they had found me a job. I continued my search and found something I was happy with by myself.
Mary

Come to Vietnam for the course, stay for the people, food and scenery.

I completed my TESOL course at the end of May and 9 days later I was teaching in one of the most beautiful areas of Vietnam, google Ha Long Bay people because if you are already tempted by Vietnam then those pictures will make up your mind, they did for me.
This course is in HMCM and the city is great, it is loud and busy and everything you would expect from a big city in a country that is constantly evolving.
The course was great, I think the best part for me was the people I met and the fun we had together, I was worried at 33 that the group would all be younger than me but my class ranged from 20 to mid 50's and all wonderful people who I am still in contact with and looking forward to seeing again when I travel back down the country.
I felt that during the course I was given all of the essential information I needed in my teaching and as I had no experience previously I was very grateful to the teachers who were informative and fun, the hands on teaching experience was nerve wracking but so useful to build my confidence.
I really enjoyed this course and Vietnam is a great place to live and teach. The Vietnamese people are also extremely helpful and friendly to foreigners.

The staff could be a little better at providing information about the course before you arrive in the city, I had so many questions. They were happy to answer them but providing information up front would have been more helpful. The course itself was great.

About TEFL Heaven

Since 2007 TEFL Heaven (formerly Experience Teaching Abroad) has assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We pride ourselves on being a fun and personable company who like to actively engage with...