- Costa Rica
View Other Details
CIEE TEFL provides assistance in the job search process exclusively to CIEE TEFL alumni but cannot guarantee job placement, pre-departure, or in-country support.
Costa Rica is a great place to teach in Central America. It has lots of teaching opportunities, and living there is not too expensive. Even though the salaries for teaching English may not be very high, Costa Rica is one of the best places to teach without needing a degree. The requisites are simple: proficiency in native English, possession of a TEFL certificate, and a spirit of adventure.
But what makes Costa Rica even more awesome for teaching is not just the jobs. The weather is always warm, there are nice beaches, green rainforests, and the people, called "Ticos," are very friendly. So, teaching in Costa Rica is not just about work, but also about enjoying the beautiful surroundings and the friendly culture.
- Internationally Accepted Accreditation Recognized by US Department of Education
- 11 Week Online Course with Flexible, Part-Time Schedule
- Highly Qualified and Experienced TEFL Instructor
- Live Weekly Class Sessions and 20-Hour Practicum Teaching Experience
- Lifetime TEFL Job Search Assistance with One-on-One Job Coaching
- 130 hours of online course work with 20-hour practicum component that exceeds international standards
- Accreditation recognized by US Department of Education
- Build intercultural skills and learn how to effectively teach students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Lifetime job placement assistance