Earn your TESOL Certificate online with a real-time instructor from PennGSE and a small group of motivated classmates. All you need is five hours a week.
Penn GSE's 135-hour TESOL Certificate is awarded to those who successfully complete 24 course topics and a teaching practicum at a site of your choice. More details at our website: https://www.gse.upenn.edu/academics/professional-learning/tesol-essentials
We offer our certificate course in part-time format (5 hours per week for 24 weeks) or in intensive format (15 hours per week for 8 weeks). Your teaching practicum can be done at any school, library, or community center you choose!
The TESOL Certificate course meets via video conference for 90 minutes per meeting and requires 3-4 hours of independent work to prepare for or follow up on each meeting. The course is entirely online/remote and can be done from anywhere in the world.
- Completely online! Join a class from your home.
- Ideal for those who are interested in teaching English throughout the world, or currently teaching or tutoring learners of English
- An online course designed by UPenn GSE scholars and faculty
- No prior experience in teaching English or other subjects is necessary.
- Small class sizes (15 students max)