Get TEFL Certified & Teach English in Thailand!

Want to get paid to travel the world? By earning your accredited TEFL certification in Chiang Mai you’ll be qualified for professional teaching jobs all across Thailand and in 80+ countries worldwide.

This state-of-the-art Chiang Mai TEFL class is 4-weeks long and is a full-time commitment. You'll complete at least 12-14 hours of individually observed & assessed practice teaching during your TEFL class.

You'll receive instruction from two university-level professors and work with highly experienced support staff to help you with your local job search. There are 12 students in each Chiang Mai TEFL class, so you'll be able to really get to know your classmates and instructors.

Chiang Mai is one of the hottest job markets for teaching English in Asia due to its beauty, competitive benefits, and because it's situated in the heart SE Asia allowing endless weekend travel opportunities!

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in Thailand? Is Thailand the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to Thailand & what kind of visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in some of Thailand’s most popular cities like Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
  • Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, including a 4-week class in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Thailand: How do I actually find a teaching job in a city like Chiang Mai? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Thailand. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Thailand, Asia, and in 80 countries worldwide.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Thailand? No problem! ITA has a massive group of ITA alumni in Thailand, and you’ll be able to connect with a bunch of fellow teachers before you head abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you leave for Thailand & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Asia!

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

• Instruction 9.4
  • Difficulty 7.4
  • Job Assistance 9
Mairin

Great course for PPP methodology

This was a great place to take my TEFL course. I would recommend it overall but particularly to people that are planning to use the PPP method to teach in a traditional classroom. The instructors are enthusiastic and obviously care about the students. The grammar review was stellar and we thoroughly dove into all areas of PPP. The only thing lacking in my opinion was introducing other methods of teaching. Even just a brief review of their schools of thought and the different approaches would have been a great addition to the course. The practicum was well organized and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to teach in different types of classrooms and interact with different ages to get a feel for what level I may like to teach. Overall I would recommend this course and you can’t go wrong with the location in Chiang Mai!

Include more critical thinking practices during the last two weeks of lesson planning. The formula was a little to cut and paste.
Response from International TEFL Academy

We really appreciate your detailed feedback and suggestions about the course curriculum about your experience in Chiang Mai! Overall, we're really glad to hear that you had a positive experience with the class! If you ever need any help with your job search don't hesitate to get in touch! - ITA

Todd

Incredible Experience!

Where to take our TEFL course was a decision my wife and I mulled over for quite some time. After taking a career break and traveling in Southeast Asia for nine months we moved on to Europe. While touring around Europe in a camper van we decided to take the plunge and sign up for a TEFL program and in doing so change the course of our lives. But the options of where to take the course seemed limitless. We fell in love with Chiang Mai while passing through the previous spring and decided it was the place! The amazing culture and hospitality of Thailand would be great fit for us and it would allow us to explore the area more. Chiang Mai is an incredible city with a lot to offer yet it's very easy to navigate. SEE TEFL had excellent reviews and came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. John
and his team are extremely professional and were always around to give advice and help. While we didn't stay in Thailand to teach I would highly recommend taking your course with SEE TEFL especially if your goal is to teach somewhere in the country. As an added bonus we made friends that will last a lifetime.

Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Todd, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience getting TEFL certified in Chiang Mai! Really appreciate your insights and it sounds like you and your wife are having quite the adventure! Awesome! If there's ever anything we can do for you guys or if you need help with your job search in Thailand or elsewhere, just ask! - ITA

Wilson

Excellent TEFL Course!

Our onsite TEFL certification course in Chiang Mai was an unforgettable experience. We spent 4 weeks doing full-time training while also doing 6 real teaching practices at schools in the area. Our instructors had a plethora of experience teaching English and were able to give excellent advice throughout the course. I highly recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach especially in Thailand. We were able to learn first hand what is like to be a student while being taught the Thai language on several occasions using the TEFL teaching format provided and taught to us. We learned how to make detailed lesson plans and were able to get feedback from multiple instructors on how we did on each lesson performed and practiced. The staff was excellent and so helpful in finding jobs after the course and with anything you could ever need!

There is not very much improvement needed if any, the only thing would be maybe to provide an online database of teaching materials and techniques for reference (unless there is already one that I must have missed).
Deepa

The best experience yet!

I do not even know where to begin! When I got to Thailand, I did not think I would have met amazing people, and build such great friendships that have lasted from 2013 when I did my course in Chiang Mai!
Learning how to teach Eng was not as easy as I thought, but, it was one of the best things I could have done for myself, as I love to travel! The results of learning this skill set has brought me so much joy as I get to give the gift of education, another language to another human being. There is no other joy that could have filled my heart!
TEFL allowed me to go to the place I loved the most, BRAZIL! :D I am forever grateful!

Thank you to TEFL for allowing me to spread joy in my own way to the children and adults seeking to learn! :D

THANK YOU!

Deepa

I have no complaints. Challenges are going to be met with every course we take. But, it just takes determination to get through it and studying. I was happy with everything.
Charles

International TEFL Academy

Super helpful staff from beginning to end. My teacher was great and answered all of my questions. The resources they provide for students are unparalleled. I took the online TEFL course. I would say the online course needs to have more in class practice. Nothing can replace in class experience teaching to students. My one suggestion would be to have approved locations where students can complete their practicum hours to get real hands on experience teaching before teachers head to their first teaching job.

Having satellite schools or instructors that can assist alumni or current students with real classroom settings as they complete their practicum so they are better prepared before heading to their new job.

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

...