Get TEFL Certified & Get Paid to Teach English in Vietnam

Want to get paid to travel the world? By earning your accredited TEFL certification in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, you’ll be qualified for professional teaching jobs across Vietnam and in 80+ countries worldwide.

Both the Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City TEFL classes are 4-weeks long and full-time. You'll complete 20 individually observed & assessed practice teaching during your 150-hour TEFL class, so you'll feel confident and ready to run your own classroom upon graduation.

You'll receive instruction from two university-level professors and work with highly experienced support staff to help you with your local job search. There are up to 15 students in each Vietnam TEFL class, so you'll be able to really get to know your classmates and instructors.

Vietnam is one of the hottest job markets for teaching English in Asia, and due to its natural beauty, competitive benefits, and also because it's situated in the heart of SE Asia allowing easy access to numerous other major Asian cities.

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in Vietnam? Is Vietnam the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to Vietnam & what kind of visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in Vietnam, including detailed information about English teaching jobs in popular cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
  • Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, including in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. All of these class options would qualify you to teach English in Vietnam. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in Vietnam: How do I actually find a teaching job in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Vietnam. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across Vietnam, Asia, and in 80 countries worldwide.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in Vietnam? No problem! ITA has a massive group of ITA alumni in Vietnam, and you’ll be able to connect with a bunch of fellow teachers before you head abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you leave for Vietnam & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Asia!

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

• Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 4.3
  • Job Assistance 8.5
Laura

An Experience That's Opened Many Doors

I took it upon myself to walk into the ITA office several years ago merely inquiring about my options for my [then] pipe-dream of living and working abroad. From start to finish, the staff was extremely helpful and gave me the tools I needed to feel more confident regarding my experience of teaching abroad and has since opened up quite a few doors over the years.

Compared to many people I know, my TEFL certification experience was unique in the sense that I was in a classroom for a month-long practicum. Although ITA offers an online course which I have also heard great things about, I preferred to be in a classroom and interacting with other people in the same boat as me.

ITA was the boost that gave me the courage to move halfway across the world in 2013, and nearly five years later I'm still finding the course beneficial. One of the reasons this program is unparalleled to others in the market is the fact the alumni groups exist. I've been teaching English in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for a little over a year now and have connected with so many awesome ITA alumni here through the Facebook groups. It's honestly been an invaluable asset to the certification itself. In addition, the South Korea Alumni group connected me with one of my closest girlfriends I've met abroad; same with the Vietnam group.

While I didn't initially move abroad to teach English in Vietnam, I'm glad the path brought me here, as not only is it one of my favorite countries on our planet, but my entire experience in Saigon has been completely transformative. I largely have ITA to thank for that, as I may not have had this opportunity otherwise.

All in all, I had a wonderful experience and cannot recommend the program enough.

The only thing I can really recommend changing would be to possibly adapt some of the course material to include sections on dealing with super young learners, rather than just adults. Many people who go to Asia are generally not teaching adults right off the bat. This may have changed since 2013, though!
Jessica

Life Learning in Hanoi

Getting certified to teach in Hanoi was awesome. When you start up in a new country it's really nice to have a little community already started, this is the perfect way to build one! I made some great friends from all around the world in just a few weeks. We all learned together and explored the city and made memories I'll never forget! Hanoi has a great night scene in old quarter filled with 20 something backpackers for excitement every night and the north lake area hosts lots of other expats so you'll always be able to find a slice of home. Of course the city is so culturally rich as well, you'll find little street markets for grocery shopping, meet friendly locals driving Grab bikes, and experience what real Vietnam life is like.
I'm so glad I lived in Hanoi, I had an incredible experience there, and hold it with me now that I'm back in the States too.

Give more heads up when tet new year is happening so students can avoid struggling with finding a job during this time.
Courtney

A Pho-Nomenal Experience!

I always knew I wanted to try my hand at teaching abroad, I just needed a little push! From start to finish, the team at the International TEFL Academy were incredibly supportive, encouraging and patient. By the time I landed in Vietnam to begin my TEFL course, I truly felt prepared and excited for this new chapter. Though I previously had no teaching experience, the TEFL course itself really equipped me with all the knowledge and tools a new ESL teacher could possibly need. Through the job assistance and alumni network, ITA really helped me smoothly immerse and connect to my new city of Hanoi, which has a tendency to be a chaotic and overwhelming place. If you're thinking of getting certified to teach abroad through the International TEFL Academy, consider this your push. And if this post isn't convincing enough, maybe the sound of 10 cent beers, trendy cafes, buzzing nightlife and cheap but delicious cuisine will further entice you!

It really was such a great experience! I cannot really think of anything I would change.
Gabrielle

My TESOL Experience

A year ago, I would have never imagined myself living in Hanoi, Vietnam. In fact, much like most Caribbean people, I believed my travel expeditions were limited to a particular region. I am proud to say that registering with the International TEFL Academy (ITA) to study in Vietnam was the best decision that I have ever made.

From the very beginning, prior to my registration, ITA provided the necessary information that helped me to make a life-changing decision. My advisor was extremely attentive and answered all my questions. After registration, I was connected to the go-to person in Vietnam who assisted me greatly before my big move. The representative informed me about what to bring to Vietnam and what to expect.

The 4-week intensive TESOL course in Hanoi was brilliant. Our trainer was a well-seasoned English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher who was inspiring, patient and professional. The course modules were extremely appropriate; I arrived in Vietnam with no teaching experience and after the course I felt more prepared than ever to excel in a classroom setting.

Vietnam is also an amazing and developed country. The people of Vietnam are exceptionally friendly and the culture is fascinating. There is so much to see and do that you will never have a dull moment. As an ESL teacher, you are looking at a reasonably high salary with a very low cost of living. The potential to save while living in Vietnam is very high. Also, native teachers are always in demand.

I am extremely happy with my decision to move to Vietnam and would recommend this destination to anyone.

More teaching practice with different schools/institutions.

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

...