Japan Adventure Trip with INTRO Travel

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Intro Travel has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

From the neon lights of buzzing Tokyo to ancient temples on snowy mountain tops, Japan is a feast for the senses and INTRO is the most amazing way to experience it!

You’ll walk the streets of one of the world’s busiest and most futuristic cities, watch monkeys bathe in hot springs, roll your own sushi, visit ancient shrines and castles, get taught to wield a sword by a Samurai master, stay overnight with monks in a 1000 year old Buddhist temple, experience incredible and unique accommodation and much more!

With an awesome group leader from the moment you arrive at the hotel, an instant group of friends and help with all your onward travel. Get ready for the trip of a lifetime!

• Visit ancient temples, colourful shrines and majestic castles while learning about the country's incredible history.
  • Get up close and personal with the famous red faced ‘snow monkeys’ of Jigokudani.
  • Take in stunning mountain views from trains, pirate ships and cable cars as you explore the beauty of Hakone.
  • Learn how to wield a Japanese sword and cut through rolled bamboo with the guidance of a descendant of the noble Samurai.
  • Stay in a 1000 year old Buddhist temple with monks in the stunning mountains of Koyasan and watch the monks perform their fascinating morning ceremonies.

GET 10% OFF ALL INTRO TOURS

As a special offer for all of our Go Overseas viewers we're offering 10% off any INTRO Tour for a limited time.
Simply head to our website and use 'GET10' at checkout to claim your discount!

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Sophie

Amazing Japan

Take me back to Japan. If I could do the tour all over again I would. It was everything I wanted from a tour in Japan plus more.

The tour had the best parts of Japan I wanted to.see which included an insight into the culture, taste the different delicious Japanese cuisines and experiencing the scenery you see in the adverts. The main experience which stood out for me and something I wouldn't of done if I organised this was our temple stay in Koyasan where we got insight into the spiritual side of Japan. We stayed in an 1000 year old temple and got experience the daily life of a monk in Koyasan such as doing a meditation class and seeing their prayer ceremony.

The accommodation was better than I expected with my favourite being the Ryokan we stayed in Nagano.

Finally thank you Nathan our tour guide for being informative, always ready to help and showing us the best of Japan.

The length! I would have loved to stay much longer
Alyssa

INTRO japan review

INTRO have done a great job with introducing and giving the best time in Japan. They have created a very good blend of scenery, city, and culture. The itinerary also allows you to enjoy the offerings of the tour combined with having enough free time to explore the places we're in.

The amount of time spent in each place was ideal as it allows you to really immerse yourself and do most things without being rushed. This was especially the case with Kyoto. By being there for 3 nights, we explore all the main attractions that were part of the tour as well as additional things such as a tea ceremony individually.

Another favourite of mine was seeing the snow monkeys and we were lucky enough to see them in the hot springs 🙂 !

Our tour leader, Nathan, was organised, knowledgeable and great company all the time. Definitely would recommend INTRO and doing a tour with Nathan.

Laura

Japan with Intro = INCREDIBLE!

I went on this t incredible tour of Japan in January. This was my 4th Intro Tour and certainly won’t be my last. Everything about this tour was amazing, Japan just blew my mind!!! We did so much in such a short space of time, all the accommodation was FAB and we had a lot of very tasty food. Nathan our group leader really made the tour for us and showed us Japn in the best possible way! He is so hardworking, very knowledgable, has bags of energy, always makes you smile and is dedicated to his job! He is a really asset to Intro. This tour is a MUST and is extremely good value for money, I’m so sad to leave!

Laura

Best Travel company!!!

I have been on Intro trips to Thailand, Japan, Bali and Sri Lanka - all have been absolutely incredible. The leaders have been knowledgable, super fun and are an asset to the company. The accomodation is stunning (I did experience trips, apart from Japan but the accomodation was still amazing!), you get lots included and see a lot in a short space of time. I have recommended the company to countless friends who have also used intro and loved it as much as I have! I can't wait to go on another tour with them.

Prethip

MAKING MEMORIES !

After doing Thailand with Intro in 2017 and wanting to do a tour in Japan, I knew there was only one company who I would want to tour Japan with and that was Intro. They didn’t let me down and surpassed my expectations AGAIN.

Doing my research on Japan, there were a few things I really wanted to see which the tour included such as going to Osaka and exploring the highlights in Tokyo, however, once again Intro have a way of including places, activities, sights that I would of never done myself and I’m grateful they’ve included in the tour! Going to a Sushi Making class and learning about buddhism in Koyan are a couple of the many things I wouldn’t have done and I’m glad I’ve done.

Personal highlights of mine would include seeing the snow monkeys in Nagano which was incredible and the samurai class where I got to cut a tatami mat with a 400 year old samurai sword whilst learning about the samurai!!

The tour is a great mix of places and the way our time is arranged daily. We get to experience a blend of the buzzing, lit up cities of Osaka and Tokyo to the natural sides of Japan in Nagano and Japan’s spirituality in Koyasan. Intro have also definitely thought about maximising our time in places by providing a great mix of free time with recommendations and activities.

Finally just want to thank Nathan for adding to my experience with Intro and Japan!

HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Marie

bEsT tRiP eVeR :p

This is my third Intro tour, and it just never disappoints. Always have the best time! Adam and Nathan were amazing tour leaders, making everything run smoothly, as well as being very knowledgable and keeping the group together. I loved every part of it, we visited the best of Japan’s cities, including Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto, but my favorite was definitely being up in the mountains seeing the monkeys in Nagano! The sushi making class was also a lot of fun! This trip was amazing, and definitely my fav Intro tour so far. Can’t wait for my next.

Kristian

Intro have smashed it again

My fiancé and I have now done 3 trips each one as amazing as the last, Japan has always been on my bucket list to visit and when I saw the intro trip I knew we had to book it. The trip was more than amazing the places we went the things we saw, the accommodation and the food we ate were all unreal, the snow monkeys were my favourite part and I will defiantly not forget the samurai experience. I’d also like to give a massive shout out to Adam for showing us around japan and making our tour unforgettable!

I felt that although Adam did a great job teaching and explaining the history on sake etc. It could of done with a local guide and a bit more of a formal setting
Natasha

Amazing trip

Japan intro was amazing, we had the best time up in the mountains sleeping in a traditional Japanese inn and spending the day seeing the snow monkeys in the hot springs. I loved the samurai class it was a great way to end the trip and so much fun. We ate some great food and got the chance to see some amazing areas in Japan, the trip was so well organised and completely stress free with great daily activities and we always had lovely accommodation to come back to at the end of the day. Thank you intro travel and thank you Adam for all your hard work and making Japan an amazing trip.