Bangkok
Koh Tao
Koh Tao Viewpoint
Koh Tao Viewpoint
Khao Sok National Park

A box-ticking trip! See the best of the east and west coast islands as we take you on an epic 14-Day island hopping adventure. You will discover all the highlights and hidden gems this country has to offer as we start off in Bangkok and head south via Khao Sok National Park to Koh Phangan. You will have the choice to tailor make your adventure on Koh Tao before switching to the west coast islands. A great way to spend two weeks in this awesome country and an awesome extension of our 8 Day Thailand Experience.

• Khao Sok floating bungalows
  • Phi Phi Island & Monkey beach
  • Koh Phangan beaches
  • Snorkeling in Koh Tao & Koh Nang Yuan
  • Phuket nightlife

• Staff 9.9
  • Organization 9.6
Tammie

I’ve caught the travel bug and I’m in love!

I am beyond mesmerised by this amazing experience that I was welcomed into by tru travels. As my first time travelling over seas I couldn’t recommend this tour enough. Not only were we guided by the one and only awesome Ali sexy bitch to some of the worlds most beautiful and cultural places, we were constantly encouraged to try to new things in a safe and fun environment. Everything was organised so well and Ali was more than willing to ensure that everything ran smoothly with our own freedom as well so that we really could make the most of our journey. I cannot wait to come back! I would love to cross paths with Ali and the tru travels spirit! :) ❤️ This really has been a great kickstart to my travel journey, I’m sparing every cent that I can to go on another!!!

What was your funniest moment?
The entire journey was filled with laughs. We all came out of our shells and shared our best selves which was always accepted. My highlight of humour had to be the night that I won a dance competition twerking haha! We celebrated a fellow tru travels explorers birthday that night and had the best time walking the streets of Thailand in our group absorbing each others energy’s and being ourselves!
George

Thailand was amazing

Hello when I first booked with trutravels I didn't k ow what to expect.
Everything was good communication wise over email was very good everyone was helpful up to the moment of me getting on the plane.

When I landed in bangkok I was worried as I knew straight where to go with good communication from my tour guide (ali sexybitchthailand).
He took me straight to the hostel very helpful and friendly.

The whole 2 weeks was amazing even on my birthday which was 22nd july the whole group surprised me with a birthday cake.

Honestly I couldn't fault trutravels and the tour guide ali he was amazing up to the last minute with helping everyone including me with onward travels I am also just thinking of just doing the island hopper again as it's so much fun to do.

Thanks again yous are amazing and you've made my 27th birthday the best it could ever have with positive vibes and positive people.

Extra day in each destination to explore more and see the history and surrounding areas
Jinnian

14 Day Thailand Island Hopper

Just finished the 14 Day Thailand Island Hopper. Our tour guides, Mickey, Arthur and Pop were amazing!!! They were both such welcoming and friendly people who made sure everyone was included during the tour. I am so impressed with TruTravels! They had such great activities planned for the different islands. I'm happy with the islands that we went to.

TruTravels did such a good job planning considering how many days we got on each island. The islands that we went to were absolutely gorgeous. Another thing that was great was that all the accommodations and transportation was set up for you. We didn't have any problems with that! I had the time of my life and definitely won't forget my experience with TruTravels and my tour guides. Highly recommend!!!

Pack light if you are backpacking it!!! There is quite a bit of walking so this will make it easier!
Brittney

Best Tour Ever!

Just finished the 14-Day Thailand Island Hopper and can easily say it was the best 14 days of my life! TruTravels did a great job of fitting multiple islands and different stops into a short amount of time. Activities were all a blast and I enjoyed every second! We did so many fun things, such as hiking, boat tours, beach days, pub crawls, and so much more. Such a great way to see such a beautiful country. Every day was incredible! Accommodations exceeded expectations, were all clean and comfortable. Quick little shoutout to the BEST tour guides Mickey, Arthur, and Pop!! You guys were actually amazing and you were what made the tour so much fun!! They were always willing to help us out and provided a lot of information and facts about the country. They were incredible! Can’t wait to come back one day ☺️❤️ Thanks TruTravels you’re the best!

Make the most of every moment!! It was a blast. Don’t forget to take lots of photos but enjoy the moment as well :)
Katherine

14 Day Thailand Island Hopper Tour !!

I just finished the 14 day Thailand Island Hopper tour and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I initially was only booked for the 8 day tour but decided to extend to the 14 day tour because I fell in love with the tour and the amazing people on it !! The guides, Arthur and Whiskey, were absolutely phenomenal and incredibly helpful - we could not have had better people guiding us through Thailand. From Arthur meeting me at the airport to them both always being able to keep us updated, they made us feel safe and secure during the whole tour. They were also always fun, super informative, and were one of the big reasons why I loved the trip so much. The islands were absolutely beautiful with my favorite stops at Khao Sok National Park, Bottle Beach, and Phi Phi Island! The itinerary was well planned with plenty of activities like boat trips and a Muay Thai lesson but also time for exploration and chill time. I was able to make friendships that will last a lifetime while experiencing so much of Thai culture. I would 100% book another tour on TruTravels and have already started planning my next trip! The places I went, the things I was able to do, and the people I met will stay with me forever and I can’t wait to come back to Thailand. A huge huge thank you to TruTravels, especially Arthur and Whiskey, for everything! 10/10 would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to have a life changing time in Thailand !

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
On the first night in Bangkok our group went to a street mart and I ate a scorpion! I was super nervous but it tasted surprisingly good! So glad I tried it!
Mary-Kate

Unforgettable Thai Tour

The whole trip was well planned out and timed. Every island had something different to offer and you truly felt like you were hitting the very best spots of Thailand in such a short space of time. You truly felt like you were having a backpackers holiday. The travelling experience was made even better by the tour guides - Arthur and Whiskey were two of the most fantastic people I have ever met. Even after overnight ferries, little sleep and hangovers, they found a way to lift everyone’s spirits. They were informative, fun and inclusive - playing the role of doctor, historian and friend all in one. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone with a short space of time but eager to travel around Thailand and hit both historical and party spots of the island. Amazing, thank you so much.

Take every opportunity, have fun and get ready to be hot 99% of the time.
Isobel

14 Day Thailand Island Hopper

This tour was absolutely brilliant. Our tour guides (Arthur and Whiskey) were amazing. They were the perfect combination of fun and energetic and also organised and safe. I have made some amazing friends on this trip and now have memories I will never forget. Some of my favourite experiences were Bottle Beach and also the pirate boat trip. This was also my first time out of Europe so I was especially nervous when arriving. Although I had a friend from back home to keep me company, I have no doubt that if she were not there, Arthur and Whiskey would have made every effort to make me feel comfortable and included. I also think this of the rest of the group as well as everyone was so friendly and I truly believe I have made some friends for life.

Some of the ferry experiences were pretty grim. I would have a re-think and maybe book some nicer ones for when travelling to each of the islands.
Jennifer

14 Day Thailand Island Hopper

I had an amazing two weeks on this tour. It was jam packed full of fun activities and I felt I got to see the very best of Thailand. Khao Sok National Park was a particular highlight where we stayed in the floating bungalows. The boat trips around the various islands were also stunning. I thought the itinerary was well laid out and we had a good amount of time in each place.

Our guides Arthur and Whisky were excellent. They were a constant support throughout and you could always rely on them whenever you had any questions or problems. They were very organised with arranging transport and giving any information we needed, which made the trip completely stress free. Overall they were a huge factor in making the trip so special for everyone involved.

The only thing I would say is that I think more meals should have been included. Even just more breakfasts at hotels, as this was the case on the other Trutravels tours I've been on.
Josh

Arthur & Whisky

Absolutely amazing 2 weeks on this tour made completely by the 2 tour guides, Arthur and Whisky have made this trip what it is full credit to both. Both were insightful and spoke well in there 2nd language. The best way I can put it is they made you feel like you were on a tour but it was like your mates leading it. Thoroughly enjoyed this tour from day 1 to day 14 . I never thought I'd come off this tour missing people especially the tour guides .. but they made me feel so welcome in there country.

Spend another day in Phuket and a few of the travelling days were abit long
Rachael

14 day island hopper - Thailand! BEST TIME EVER!

From the moment we got to Bangkok airport to the last day of the tour in Phuket we didn’t stop smiling! Our tour guides, Arthur and Whisky, were a massive part of how great this tour is- teaching us loads about culture and traditions and the history but along the way pointing out the best places to go and what to see during our free time! Which by the way you get plenty of! It also helps that they are 2 of the most funniest people I have ever met! Always kept us entertained and laughing - our faces I think we’re permanently fixed to smiles- it is the land of smiles after all!! Sometimes there are long parts of travelling when we are going from island to island and you just want to get into bed, but the views and experiences, and the friendships you make, all make those long days worth it! Arthur and Whisky work really hard to make sure the whole tour is having the best time they can- which I can probably vouch for my whole tour- we all had the best time ever!!! They became our friends during the tour- they weren’t there just to tell us what we were doing. Each island is quite different, but all have different things that are amazing! My favourite islands were koh phangan at bottle beach- we basically had the beach to ourselves and took over the DJ and just had a massive party on the beach- with all our new friends from the tour it was one of the best nights! I also loved PhiPhi- it was filled with loads of little market stalls to get all your souvenirs and had such a beautiful beach! We went to a pool party and did a pirate boat trip- seeing places like Maya Bay and watching the sunset- one of the best boat trips of the tour! There are quite a few! Koh Tao was great too- a massive pub crawl which you don’t want to miss and great for snorkelling and diving! Koh Sok National park is breathtaking- you can’t even describe how crazy the views are- staying in floating bungalows and being in the lake all day - you feel like you’re in a scene from Jurassic Park or Kong! This tour was definitely one of the best things I’ve chosen to do- and I would definitely recommend it- I will definitely be booking other Tru Travels tours!!!

Try everything and do as much as you can! Have fun! Take in the surroundings- the lifestyle on the islands is so different to anything I’ve experienced- it’s almost a lovely reality check to become so laid back and not worry about things we would normally worry about it! - and ALWAYS carry tissues or loo roll with you- most toilets don’t have it- especially on the overnight train!
Isabelle

Thailand island hopper

Bee was amazing, couldn’t recommend her more. Always gave us little tips that we would have no idea about which proved really helpful! Also willing to take photos of anything and anybody! She was so cute and her English was very good, but it was also nice that she was Thai so she knew about the culture and could communicate well with people when we had problems

Mi

Thailand island Hopper

This was an Absolutely amazing trip, Inhad an incredible time and I would not of seen half of the things I did if I hadn’t of done this tour and I had tried to go alone. I have experienced some amazing things and also met some great people.
The accommodation was always clean and decent standard.
Our tour guide Bee was fantastic and so friendly, nothing was ever a problem for her.
I did feel for me that there was abit too many boat trips and sometimes after travelling for hours we did not have much time to get ready once we reached our accommodation before we had to meet up to go out again. The travelling can be tiring so it would of been nice to have abit of time to relax before meeting again, sometimes it was a rush to drop bags in room and quick shower then straight back out.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The sleeper train was definately an experience and very unfamiliar as we have nothing like this back home.
Lewis

Our tour guide bee 🐝

The island hopper tour was incredible fully recommend to anyone, great value for money. What made it so memorable however was our tour guide bee she was so helpful and it would not have been the same without her! The first couple days we stayed in Bangkok visiting temples and enjoying city life, then we went to Khao sok national park which was floating bungalows! My favourite part of the trip by far! Then Koh pangyang we did bottle beach and then city side of it. Koh tao was next where we did boat trips and also in phi phi. We finished in phuket where it's a chilled couple days before departure. All the way through the tour bee was there for everyone with any help she could give. She is a credit to tru travels. Anyone thinking about doing it definitely should and if you get bee as your guide your in for a great time.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Scorpian on Koh San road was really weird tasted like bbq
Lucy

14 Day Thailand Island Hopper 03/03/19

As soon as we arrived at the airport we were given a shuttle to the hotel which ran very smoothly and took away all the stress we were worried about travelling through Bangkok.
When we arrived at the hotel we were met by our tour guide Art who was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable straight away.
We enjoyed our days in Bangkok where Art led the tours on boats and around many different temples. We were also taken out for dinner at a nice restaurant where we met the rest of our group.
All the travel we took part in such as trains, ferry’s and buses ran extremely smoothly and were organised well.
All the hotels we stayed at were lovely and we enjoyed the accommodation we were given.
The different places we visited were all amazing and Art made sure we had the best experiences on all the different excursions etc.
Overall we had a great time and would do it again- we met some amazing people and our tour guide Art was one of them!
Couldn’t recommend it enough.

The only thing I would improve is the checking in process as it can sometimes take a while to check in at some hotels.
Luke

Trutravels 14 day island hopper

From the moment I first met our tour guide Arthur he made me feel very welcome, took an interest into where I was from and was very enthusiastic about the 2 weeks we were due to spend together. His knowledge of every destination was fantastic! And for such a young man. If there was any problems he made sure he was contactable by always updating us in the group chat as to where and what time we were due to meet, making the experience very organised. As for the accommodation it was top class! I didn't expect it to be so good! Along with the day trips, the beaches, the sunsets and the constant good vibes it was a fantastic experience for myself and I would highly recommend trutravels and in particular Arthur as a tour guide. He's a top fella!!

Location:
Don Mueang Airport
( DNK )
Phuket Airport
( HKT )

Thailand has become the most tourist visited country in Southeast Asia. This country provides dense jungles, beautiful beaches, world-class shopping, and stunning architecture. No matter your budget, there is something for you to take part in in Thailand.

Alumni Interviews

About TruTravels

TruTravels exists for one reason and one reason only...to give you the time of your life! We do what we do because we love to travel, we love to meet new people and share our experiences with them. You will have a ridiculous amount of fun when you...