Thailand temple
Chiang Mai elephant sanctuary
Chiang Mai elephant sanctuary
waterfalls Northern Thailand
waterfalls Northern Thailand

An amazing 14 day experience starting in Bangkok and ending in the beautiful Northern city of Chiang Mai. On this trip we will show you some of the coolest stuff central and Northern Thailand has to offer. As always you’ll travel in a group and will not have to worry about a thing. We take care of all the details so you can kick back, take in the incredible sights and enjoy the varied & awesome activities we have lined up for you.

• Jungle trek & hill tribe village stay

• Staff 9.8
  • Organization 9.6
Mairi

Arthur deserves a medal! ❤️

Myself and my partner went on the 14 day Northern Thailand tour with Arthur as our guide and we could not have had a more amazing time. I cannot praise Arthur enough - he was an absolutely outstanding tour guide (my only grumble is that he was not our tour guide for the second half of our adventure to the south! We were gutted to have to leave him).

The organization and variety on the tour was spot on. Arthur was so full of fun and energy he was able to keep everyone in the party mood and make the most of our holiday. He was so attentive and supportive when some of our fellow travelers needed assistance whether that be with advice on planning further travels or tackling the dreaded Thai tummy! We have made true friends on this tour and cannot thank the trutravels team enough (especially Arthur). I would highly recommend this tour and to anyone who travels with Arthur in the future, I can guarantee you will have the time of your life!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Awful Chinese black chicken!

Overall, the food I had on holiday was sensational and I would 100% recommend trying as much as possible!
Alex

Best tour guide!

Upn arriving in Thailand Arthur made me feel at ease after a long period of travelling. It became apparent quickly that I had taken someones backpack and they had taken mine, Arthur went the extra mile and helped me to get in touch and eventually retrieve my belongings. Arthur also was out with us every night and by the end of our tour it felt like he was our friend before our tour guide. The accommodation was much better than expected, I was expecting to stay in hostels but most of the time we actually stayed in hotels that were of a good standard. The activities were really well planned out and I got to do things that I would never have been able to do by myself. The elephant sanctuary and staying in a village where just 45 people lived was a particular highlight.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I lost my bag was particularly neve wracking but my tour guide really helped to calm my nerves and help me get it back.
Amelia

14 Day Northern Thailand

This was such an amazing trip! We got to see all of the ‘go to’ sites with other really great days out. There were a lot of chances to go out in the evening, resulting in some very memorable nights out. It is such a good tour to choose if you’re worried about going away by yourself or even in a couple! Everyone is so friendly and our tour guide Arthur was such a legend and was so friendly. We’re all devastated he’s not coming with us to the south :( he made the trip 1000% more enjoyable & made us settle in so quickly! The elephants were definitely one of the best experiences as well as the cooking class. I would definitely recommend this tour in particular as the activities are so interesting; like the jungle trek! To begin with I was apprehensive about being so far away from home but all the people on the tour, our fantastic guide Arthur & the Thai community made me forget all about that! I can’t wait to finish my Total Thailand tour and then go to Vietnam to do another TruTravels tour

What was your funniest moment?
When we were at a cabaret show and Bobby got a full on lap dance from a ladyboy
Ana

14 Day Northern Thailand Adventure

I would highly recommend the 14 Day Northern Thailand Tour to all travellers of all ages- it is a great tour for solo travellers because you meet such a great group of people and never feel alone. The tour is cyber well organised and has many activities organised for you such as zip lining, visiting the elephant sanctuary, boat trips and cooking classes, all transportation and some meals are included in the tour which is great- the tour guides in particular are very friendly and welcoming form the start and are constantly making sure you are enjoying yourself and they put your safety first always and support you all the way through- as a solo traveller and I felt very safe and welcomed by my tour guide and I am booking onto her next tour taking place next month as I enjoyed the first one so much!

What was your funniest moment?
Spending time with my tour group and tour guide would always be an enjoyable and fun time!
Owen

The best time!

I had the best experience ever, Bee our tour guide was amazing!!! I could not recommend her enough, I really did not want to leave her. I will defiantly be booking the other Thailand tour when I know for sure she will be the guide. I can’t thank her enough for everything she did for us!!! My favourite things were seeing the elephants, the zip lines but most importantly was the jungle trekking and living With the tribe for the night I would have happily stayed with them for another night or 2! They loved us as we drank all their beer and wine and ate all of their food haha. I will 100% be completing the thailand adventures and for sure am going to be booking with the company again and who knows maybe complete all of the tours and make memories and friends to lasta. Lifetime. :-)

Nothing that I can improve on as I have nothing to compare the trip too. For me it was amazing.
Johanna

Best time!!!

I didn't know what to expect when I've booked this trip but I'm so happy that I've decided to book this trip. Everything was so well prepared like the pick up at the airport. Our Guide Bee picked me up and I felt so welcome from the first moment. I couldn't imagine a better guide then her, she was so funny and teached us a lot about Thailand. Also my whole group was perfect, I have met so many amazing people and we had such a good time together. All the activities we did were fun and I enjoyed every single one of it. My personal highlight are the waterfalls and the visit at the elephant sanctuary. I made memories for life and I can only recommend this trip. It's a lot of action but you never feel in a rush or too much entertained.

What was your funniest moment?
I had too many funny moments with all these great people...
Amanda

Amazing adventure!

I Had an amazing time on this trip. It was well worth the money, never bored, met some great people and our leader (Bee) was super fun and nice, she made everyone feel very welcome. I will remember this trip for the rest of my life. It was the Best time, would highly recomend for people who love adventure, meeting new people, love to try new food, get to know and experience new culture, love trekking and are ok with having a good old cry at the end of the adventure with some new everlasting pals. I would rate this adventure an over 10/10, there isn’t much I would have changed about it. I have never been out of North America alone before and not once did I feel out of place or afraid of the excitement that was yet to come. Would love to do it again!

Sam

North Thailand!

The northern tour is great value for money. Our tour guide Bee was very knowledgeable, kind and funny. We learnt a lot about the Thai culture during the first few days. The Jungle trek in Chiang Mai was the highlight of the trip. Having a local guide who didn't speak any English lead the way through the jungle was good in that we didn't know what was coming or how much further we had to go, which made the stunning waterfalls we stopped at surprising and more rewarding. Pai was great for chill time after and the best street food of any other place on the tour. Bee sorted everything for me when I chose to add on to another tour. Overall, great two weeks packed with activities and enough free time in the evenings to spend it how you want. Very glad I booked!

Another night in the jungle would have gone down well with everyone in the group.
Ellie

14 Day Northern Thailand Tour

I'm writing this review on my last evening in Thailand. The tour has been incredible and more than I expected. The range of activities provided was fab, especially the elephants (one of the reasons I did this tour). I loved staying at the hill tribe and seeing how self efficient they are, the grand canyon on my last day was such good fun, zip lining through the jungle was great giving some amazing views and banter with the guides. Also tried some different activities like the temples and bike riding which again had great views.
Our tour guide, Art, was great fun with lots of banter. He had lots of knowledge on the activities, and the areas we stayed. He went beyond the tour and took us on nights out which were a good laugh and experiencing the Thai nightlife. Couldn't fault Art as a tour guide, very friendly and fun.
Overall, had a fantastic time and would recommend it to backpackers who wish to experience different activities.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
How self efficient the hill tribe were. Everything was built by the tribe, there was no electricity or internet. It was lovely sitting on the evening by candle light, sharing great banter and good food. The chief and family were very welcoming, had a great time.
Kerri

What an adventure!!!!
This has truly been an amazing experience and I would recommend this tour to anyone who likes an adventure.
There are a lot of activities to do but you also get a lot of free time, whether that be to top up your tan by the pool or to wonder round the town and do some shopping and try new foods.
The jungle trek up to the hill tribe was exhausting but totally worth it. It was one of my favourite experiences, so beautiful.
There were only 4 of us on the tour and with our tour guide Art it made 5. He was really welcoming, a lot of fun and I really couldn’t praise him enough!
I thought the tour was great value for money and I would definitely book with tru travels again. They made everything so easy and hassle free. 10/10.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I didn’t think there were many nerve-racking moments, but the zip line made my legs go a bit wobbly
Lewis

14 day northern Thailand adventure

Art was a fantastic tour guide and is a credit to the company. He is easy to get a long with and greeted us immediately with open arms. There was only the 5 of us including art himself and he made the tour just as fun as if there was more introducing myself to new culinary experiences every day that tingled my taste buds. Art also showed us the nightlife of Thailand and it was incredible. My highlights of the tour was the Grand Canyon water park which was incredible and also the thai cooking class. Art also sorted out a couple of problems with our room straight away as soon as we notified him. I also really enjoyed staying with the hill tribe for a night trying there food and seeing their way of life was a real eye opener. The hotels were excellent. The travel was made to be as comfortable as it could be. We also got to celebrate songkran which was a worldly experience and this was all made possible to our amazing guide and big bro Art seoyo I would recommend him again and again.

Only really the amount of travelling times between each destination
Martin

14 day northern Thailand adventure

Where to begin?? Right from the get go my tour guide art suttisak was fantastic he constantly kept me up to date with what is happening and going to happen he also made it more enjoyable by treating me as a friend and not as a random stranger. The overall adventure was amazing I would definitely come back again and do the same activities as it was memorable. The activities were incredible to experience they were so organised and full of loads to do never a dull moment. Art suttisak was very friendly and funny he never hesitated to get involved and make some memories with the group he was always smiling like he was taking the trip for the first time as well. The best activity for me was the Grand Canyon water park so much to do and explore definitely worth the money you pay for the entire trip. Be back next year!

Enjoy every minute of it including the drunk times as you wont experience it anywhere else the people you meet are so helpful and friendly you become a big family
Anthony

Fantastic experience

I’ve just completed the 14 day northern Thailand tour with Arthur as our tour guide. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life with much thanks given to TruTravels and Arthur in particular.

The organisation was fantastic, including the communication prior to the tour beginning and I had complete peace of mind that I was in good hands from when Arthur met me at the airport.

In terms of the tour itself, it was exactly what I was looking for with a great itinerary of activities and the perfect amount of “down time”.

There were just 4 of us in our group, but we all got on great and Arthur certainly mixed in with us very well and became the 5th member of the group!

All in all, a great experience and fantastic value for money, I would definitely look to go with TruTravels again or recommend to anyone.

What was your funniest moment?
The banter on the first night including our tour guide Arthur showing off his guitar skills
Aodh

Excellent guide (gogi)

Gogi was by far the best tour guide I've ever had and made this an exceptional trip. He was the highlight of the tour. He has become more than a guide and it is strange to refer to him in such a way as he is more of a friend and was to everyone on the tour. He was part of the group rather than staff. Always with a smile he aimed it help everyone and make sure they were having a good time while having all their needs taken care of!

Gogi participated in all our activities including ones that weren't part of the tour (night activities requested were lady boy show, many bar night, and muai Thai boxing) he organised and booked all of these. He also provided secret birthday celebrations for 2 of the people on the tour and we were lucky we could repay gogi with celebrations on our last night.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Visiting the hilltribe village. Highlight of the tour.
Sinéad

If you're thinking about booking this trip... BOOK IT!

I had the most incredible adventure on this tour. I cannot recommend this experience enough, seriously 10/10. The way TruTravels put the days together with so many activities is perfect, you really feel like you are making the most of every minute. The tours on the trip are breathtaking and you experience once in a lifetime moments throughout. Our guides Pompom and Art are true Thai Gentleman and made sure we all had the best time. Pompom and Art have a strong knowledge of the history of Thailand and buddhism plus they are also good fun to be around and hangout with. I turned 30 on the trip and the guides and group made sure I had the best birthday. The group were amazing all of us from ages between 18 to 33 and from all walks of life. It was great to meet new people and I believe I've made some friends for life. Thank you TruTravels for putting together the most incredible tour and great team to go with it.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Trekking through the jungle was an incredible experience. You see so many incredible sites along the way and the tribe leader may also make you a jungle hat to protect your head from the sun. When we reached the tribes village the views are utterly breathtaking. Seeing how the tribe live without electricity and everyday items was a big eye opener too and also seeing how happy they all are without these technologies gets you thinking. It was a fantastic experience and I'll hold new values with me forever after this trip.

Location:
Don Mueang Airport
( DNK )
Phuket Airport
( HKT )

Thailand has become the most tourist visited country in Southeast Asia. This country provides dense jungles, beautiful beaches, world-class shopping, and stunning architecture. No matter your budget, there is something for you to take part in in Thailand.

Alumni Interviews

About TruTravels

TruTravels exists for one reason and one reason only...to give you the time of your life! We do what we do because we love to travel, we love to meet new people and share our experiences with them. You will have a ridiculous amount of fun when you...