View Other Details
Trusted by 113,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Australia and 50+ other destinations around the world.
Join a Marine Conservation volunteer project which focuses on the protection of the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem. Based in Cairns, you’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, breakfast & lunch and 24/7 in-country support.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Australia, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.
With IVHQ in Australia, you can expect to support conservation projects that make a genuine difference.
- Join a variety of important conservation efforts focused on the protection of Great Barrier Reef ecosystem
- Coral reef surveying and marine data collection training is provided to volunteers in Australia
- Marine Conservation volunteer projects in Australia are available year-round
- The IVHQ Australia program begins the first Monday of the month and volunteers can choose to volunteer for periods ranging from 1 week to 4 weeks
- Program fee includes island transfers, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
You can get your hands on a range of different International Volunteer HQ sponsorships throughout the year, with the money you win going directly towards the cost of one of their two-week programs. You'll also get a flight voucher in the value of up to $1,000 from STA Travel and travel insurance to cover the duration of the program from World Nomads. Recent grants have included an “Alternative Break” scholarship, where Spring, Summer or Winter break programs were fully funded.