Teaching, Conservation & Adventure in Cambodia

With 300 projects worldwide and 25 years experience providing volunteering and adventure travel placements, Frontier can find you the perfect adventure whatever you want to experience and achieve.

Visit Cambodia and discover its incredible combination of dramatic landscapes, captivating cultural and historical heritage, and friendly people. Frontier has managed conservation and community projects in Cambodia for 10 years, and some of our most popular projects include:

• Cambodia Teaching in Siem Reap - Make a positive contribution to the lives of underprivileged and disadvantaged children, and help break the cycle of poverty.
  • Cambodia Island Beach Conservation - Become an expert in Cambodia's dazzling marine life while living on an exotic paradise island.
  • Cambodia Adventurer - Travel around the exotically beautiful country of Cambodia. Teach underprivileged children, work in a local school, discover khmer culture and relax on paradise beaches.

You can also see what our volunteers and adventurers are doing right now in the Cambodia Beach Conservation and Cambodia Teaching project news sections of Frontier’s GapYearblog.

To apply for any of our projects, just click on the orange “Apply Now” button on the Frontier website and fill in the short application form. One of our volunteer advisors will then give you a call back to answer any questions that you have.

Guest

Learning about wildlife in stunning Cambodia

My time in the Cambodian jungle has been an outstanding experience. I have learnt many new skills and methods of identifying and recording different species of insects birds and amphibians in the short space of time I have been here and look forward to trying new techniques in the coming days.

The Frontier team have been wonderful and patient and the setting is beautiful. I look forward to exploring even more and expanding my knowledge whilst helping to catalogue the ecosystem to the best of my ability.

Becky

Working hard in Cambodia

The trip to Cambodia was amazing! It was a lot of hard work and you certainly drop a couple of dress sizes when going on transects, but its worth every minute.

The people were amazing, both the team and the Khmer's who helped us out when ever they could with beaming grins.

The country is beautiful, from the floating villages to "mountain ranges" over the tonal sap river and of course the majestic Angkor Wat, that I would suggest staying an extra week after the phase to go visit. Trust me you will need a week to see everything.

The most exciting thing about the trip is the concept that no one else from the western world has travelled to where you are going. You personally will be the first to step foot in these areas to conduct the first baseline surveys.

Which also means you will be the first "Berang" (foreigner) the locals would have ever seen, so expect some stares and looks of shock and you walk past.

The trip is a lot of hard work, more than you would be used to with building camp, cooking on open fires and at times conducting transect that can take up most of the day, plus the food, unless you are close to a village or port that you can re-supply, will be very basic. So no take away pizza I'm afraid!

However I can promise its worth it. You will meet some amazing people and you will make friends for life, become a more confident person, learn a language if you try and learn so much.

Do remember however that you are conducting the first surveys in your area, so no one knows what animals to expect. I was lucky as Kampong Leng was the home to otters, fishing cats, wild pig, terrapins, open bills and many more. However you might not be as lucky...or you could see more.
That's the nature of science.

Cambodia is a country that has finaly come to life after so much strife and is fully aware of it heritage and determined to preserve it. Its an exciting time and it was a pleasure to be part of it!

AJP

Learning about wildlife in stunning Cambodia

About Frontier

A world of possibilities awaits you with Frontier. You could be spending memorable days scuba diving off the brilliant white sand beaches of Fiji or discovering Madagascar on a conservation project with lemurs and chameleons.

Frontier has over 300...