Rural experience teaching English on the Mekong River

Mekong River
volunteer abroad
volunteer abroad
Buddhist monk

Volunteer in Cambodia, supporting sustainable development projects in rural Cambodia. Our English language center, CWF, provides affordable English classes to adult students from all walks of life.

At home in the idyllic riverside town of Kratie, international volunteers teach conversational English classes up to 5 hours per day for a 12 week semester, including 10 days of orientation and workshops. We work with local universities, NGOs, and outreach groups, to offer classes to students from the surrounding communities and villages. Classes follow our uniquely relevant curriculum, making English language accessible and relevant in the Cambodian context.

Our comfortable Volunteer House, just a stones throw from the Mekong River, offers a refuge from the heat with your own room, Wifi, and 3 meals per day included in the affordable $725 accommodation fee.

Get involved, experience grass roots development with local NGOs in rural Cambodia!

March, June, September, and December.

Eliana

Would come again :)

I was a volunteer from december to february and I had an awesome time. The project is good and the staff is really helpful. The students are just lovely. It was my first experience as an english teacher and I will definitly do it again.
Kratie is a nice small town and you can find almost everything you need. I am happy that I decided to come here. There is a great cultural exchange also. We had Khmer cooking classes and did some outdoor activities with the staff. Awesome!