The Most Affordable Volunteer in Cambodia - 25K happy Volunteers Since 2006

Volunteer in orphanages in Cambodia
Volunteer in orphanages in Cambodia
Volunteer with children in Cambodia
Volunteer with children in Cambodia

Do you want to travel to an exotic country where you will have the opportunity to experience a new culture while giving back to the local community?
While Cambodia is breathtakingly beautiful and rich in culture, it is also a country that is desperately struggling to prosper. Volunteering in Cambodia is an opportunity to truly touch the lives of the local people who are in need of assistance, while also having the time to discover some of the intriguing wonders of this exotic country.
Our Cambodian volunteer opportunities for those with a medical background include general healthcare placements as well as HIV/AIDS awareness. If you are more interested in supporting the advancement of the younger generations of Cambodians, you can teach English or help out in an orphanage. Volunteers can also join the community improvement project, where you will have the chance to improve the quality of life for those who are living there.

• The world’s most affordable volunteer programs – starting at $350.
  • Low Fees are paid directly to host families and projects with absolutely no middlemen!
  • Experience the personal satisfaction of improving the lives of adults and children in Cambodia who desperately need assistance.
  • Your one-time low fee cover accommodations, food, project costs, and support by expert and trustworthy local staffs.
  • Your safety is our utmost priority. We fully understand it can feel intimidating to be far from home in an unfamiliar country. But you’ll never feel alone with our 24/7 expert support staff and services.

Joseph

Meaningful experience with high impact

I chose to work on a community development program 1x1 with the main program manager in the volunteer office. My project was to assist in a school building project in a small and poor village in Cambodia. My responsibilities were to re-write and improve the funding proposal (12 pages+), write the newsletter (5 pages+) to the current supporters who have already donated to the project, edit a marketing video that was previously recorded, and start the GoFundMe page for the project. I was only volunteering here 2 weeks and I definitely feel like I had a huge impact. During my time in Phnom Penh, I also visited the village where the school would be built. Although I left Cambodia after those 2 weeks, I have been in weekly contact with the program manager to help finish the project and we are nearly done!

Be open. Cambodia is an extremely different culture from the US / England / the western world. The people are absolutely lovely but live a different life to us "as we know it." You will enjoy the project more if you do not have expectations as to what you will gain or add on your resume.
Response from IFRE Volunteers Abroad

Thank you for your feedback.

Isaac

Review of IRFE

As a solo traveler for the first time, I wasn’t sure what to expect moving to a new country for a couple months, but now I understand how much fun and growth you can take away from an experience like this. This program helps people learn how to become leaders and teacher which provides a lot of support and help to communities. I learned how to not only be an English teacher but also how to communicate with people and to build relationships built on similarities and differences. Although things got confusing and tiring sometimes, the connection with the children is something I’ll never forget,

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing was how much I actually learned about Cambodia and it’s people
Jessie

Unforgettable Experience at Nutrition Center Phnom Penh

It was such an unforgettable experience for me to take care of abandoned disabled orphans. 70% of them are disabled and 20% are HIV positive. I am amazed by the overall environment for the orphans. It is actually quite organised. As I understand I was the first Singaporean to volunteer in Nutrition Center Phnom Penh, and it was also my first time taking care of disabled orphans, I was worried and nervous. Nevertheless, I managed to pick it up very fast. I encouraged more Asian volunteers to support such program for the disabled orphans. The local teachers are very friendly and helpful. They helped me to understand the needs of each individual orphans. We had a great fruitful time during my 10 days in Phnom Penh. I would definitely be back to visit them again.

I would suggest to give a brief of the area and environment of the volunteers house so that we can prepare ready before the trip.
Response from IFRE Volunteers Abroad

Dear Jessie,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and the lovely pictures. We greatly appreciate you for taking out the time to volunteer with us and are happy that you enjoyed the project. We wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Parker

Loved the Overall Experience Very Much

I volunteered with IFRE’s Teaching English Program in Cambodia. I was assigned to a Charity School as an English teacher for 4 weeks. I must say that the experience was incredible. The whole process right from inception to the end was hassle-free. The IFRE team was very prompt with replies, which was very helpful. I was picked up by a driver at the airport upon my arrival at Phenom Penh. The teaching was challenging because of the language barrier. The children were very enthusiastic and eager to learn, which made my experience even better. My primary responsibility was teaching the group of beautiful and enthusiastic children. I not only taught them but also shared with them special bond- laughing, playing, drawing, painting and so on.

The IFRE staffs are responsive, sincere, helpful, up front. Support while at the site was also very good. Any questions or requests I had for the local coordinators were quickly responded to.

I would definitely recommend IFRE to anyone considering a volunteering placement.

Well, the program was great I would however say that the currency exchange was a problem. I would have appreciated if someone had informed me about this.
Response from IFRE Volunteers Abroad

Dear Parker,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We greatly appreciate you for taking out the time to volunteer with us and are happy that you enjoyed the project. We apologize about the problems you had with currency exchange and will ensure our future volunteers will not face similar issue.

We wish you all the best for your future endeavours.