Volunteer in Costa Rica: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

Volunteer in Costa Rica: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

UBELONG offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in Merida, Mexico.

Volunteer in one of these world-class projects:

CAREGIVING
--> Caring for disadvantaged youth
--> Caring for people with disabilities
--> Caring for the elderly

EDUCATION
--> Teaching English

ENVIRONMENT
--> Working in a botanical garden
--> Supporting environmental education efforts

CONSTRUCTION
--> Light painting and renovation

Visit ubelong.org for more detail - the journey of a lifetime starts there!

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in the heart of Cartago and enjoy delicious meals every day
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 program in Costa Rica and with the best reviews!
North America » Costa Rica
Vietnamese
Spring Break
Winter
Year Round
Without compromising safety or impact, UBELONG aims to offer the world’s most affordable 1-week to 6-month international volunteering opportunities.

Fees include:
-->Extensive pre-departure mentorship and support
-->Volunteering alongside locals on projects that make a REAL impact
-->Airport pick-up
-->Housing and meals
-->24/7 in-country support
-->Peace of mind from joining UBELONG, a social organization headquartered in Washington, DC
-->Brand name and networking opportunities that comes from being part of the well-known UBELONG Community
Cartago

Emilia
Milan

My unforgettable experience in Costa Rica

My experience in Cosa Rica was definitely a great experience.
I chose to go to Costa Rica for different reasons. First of all, I've always wanted to visit the country: its people, culture and way of living inspired me positive energy (the so called "Pura Vida!") and its nature and landscapes have always attracted me.
Plus, I felt the need to travel alone, in a very distant country, in order to have a completely challenging and bracing experience. And so it was! I met amazing people: my host family, the Volunteer Staff, the other volunteers, all the people that work in the school I volunteered at.
Fortunately, I speak some Spanish, so it was easier to me to communicate with the students, which was the thing I loved most. For two weeks, I shared every single moment with them, and I can say that I learnt from them as much as they learnt from me!

Tina
DePere, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Great experience

I went to Cartago, Costa Rica for five weeks and had the time of my life. My host family was great, the conditions were great. I had two volunteer sites, one was mentally disabled adults and the second was an orphanage. The orphanage was my favorite, but they were both learning experiences. UBELONG was so helpful throughout my trip and everything went very smoothly.

I honestly cannot think of something that could be changed. Everything went great for me.

Kaylea
Coopersville, Michigan
Grand Valley State University

I would definitely recommend UBELONG as your first choice to volunteer abroad.

It's an amazing opportunity with amazing volunteer options, very reasonable prices, and the UBELONG team is filled with amazing and helpful workers that help you every step of the way and make you feel very comfortable and excited for the experience ahead. I am so glad I decided to volunteer with UBELONG, it was was the most amazing experience of my life so far and I would love to do it again.

Sydney
Burlington, Vermont

Living in Costa Rica could be hot and wet, but was undeniably the most fun I've had!

UBELONG is run by individuals who really want to see a change in the world, and they empower young people to get involved. I think it's so cool they send kids as young as 18 around the globe to share their message and take responsibility for our neighbors' wellbeing.
This was such a great experience, and made me more independent.

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe