Our observation and hands-on dentistry experience is a programme which is aimed at current professionals and aspiring dentists. Assisting at the local hospital-based clinic you will gain first-hand experience of the day-to-day activities at a public dental clinic in a developing country.
This project provides an opportunity to work in a dental clinic which performs common procedures such as: restorative (dental restorations, crowns, bridges, prosthetic (dentures); endodontic (root canal) therapy; periodontal (gum) therapy; and exodontia (extraction of teeth); as well as examinations and diagnosis are performed.
- Acquire hands-on experience that depends largely on your language skills and qualifications.
- Learn dentistry practices while working alongside and spending time with specialists.
- Teach and encourage the prevention of oral diseases to improve the lives of locals.
- Achieve your personal study and career goals with a customized work plan.
- Choose to stay with a local family to truly experience way of life and culture in the Dominican Republic.