This versatile experience and observation program gives insight into all aspects of running the Aldeas de Paz Foundation. This program is focused on those who are interested in starting their own charity or want hands-on experience in working in an NGO.
The volunteers and interns observe and assist the coordinator with office work, as well as in-community project support and administrative work and the coordination and supervision of community programs. The NGO volunteers will also help to ensure the well-being of our volunteers and their full integration into various programs offered, as well as into the social life of the community. The foundation relies on NGO volunteers to ensure smooth operations and therefore requires flexible volunteers. Direct work with our primary beneficiaries is an essential part of the work of Aldeas de Paz so that the NGO volunteers are also expected to participate in foundation-wide events and activities involving our beneficiaries.
- Help manage a small non-government organization in the Dominican Republic.
- Gain Spanish fluency by receiving up to six free lessons per week.
- Create a bond with our local staff and other interns, and leave with lifetime friendships and memories.
- Experience the Dominican way of life, including the easiness and sound of bachata music throughout the whole day.
- Travel around the country and get to know the Caribbean beaches, waterfalls, rivers and mountains!