Volunteer in Ecuador: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

UBELONG offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in Ecuador in three incredible locations: Quito, the Amazon and Galapagos!

Volunteer in one of these world-class projects:

ENVIRONMENT
--> Forest conservation (Amazon)
--> Forest conservation and sustainable farming (Galapagos)

CAREGIVING
--> Assisting at a day-care center (Quito)
--> Caring for the elderly (Quito)

EDUCATION
--> Teaching English (Quito)

MEDICAL
--> Medical assistance (Quito)

CONSTRUCTION
--> Light painting and renovation (Quito)

Visit ubelong.org for more detail - the journey of a lifetime starts there!

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in the heart of Quito, the Amazon or Galapagos and enjoy delicious meals every day
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 program in Ecuador and with the best reviews!

Impact

No age limit, you can volunteer with your daughter.

Jackson

August 2014 Experience in the Galapagos Island

I feel that UBELONG is an excellent organization to volunteer for. Before the trip began my meeting with the UBELONG mentor made sure that I had everything I needed to make my trip happen and for it to go smoothly. I felt like they had done a good job in planning transportation to and from the airport to the destinations. Most of the work that comes with traveling to places to volunteer had been taken care of by UBELONG. Once at the volunteer station I felt like the work we were doing was actually making a positive difference on the surrounding area and that we were never just assigned busy work. I also felt like the amount of food was plentiful for a hard days work. They also knew how to have fun at the volunteer station and made sure we had plenty of free time to relax and explore the beautiful destination that we were in.

My only recommendation would be that UBELONG set up a service so that people who are about to go on a trip could talk with those who had already been on the trip in order to get a better perspective on exactly what they would need and would be doing once there.
Veronica

Amazing organization perfect for any volunteer

UBELONG is a first-rate organization for anyone looking for a no-frills volunteer opportunity. This organization provides amazing alternatives around the world for a very low cost and helps give you all the tools you need to succeed within each community. I'm very much looking forward to my next project with UBELONG in the future!

Jennifer

Teaching in Quito

I spent 1 month Quito, working at a local primary school and staying with Goevanna and her family. It was the most incredible experience of my life and I would give anything to go back there. My host family were lovely and made me feel so welcome, I truly felt like another member of their family! At the weekends I travelled with other volunteers and had some amazing experiences, especially the cloud forest in Mindo and climbing Cotopaxi volcano. The children at the school loved learning English with us and always wanted to play with us at break time and after school. I felt like I'd been working at the school for a year! Ecuador is a culturally enriching experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going!

Some more information could be given regarding about the town and family as I was definitely scared before going as I didn't feel like I knew much. However, once I realised I realised that I was perfectly safe.
Eddie

Volunteering in Ecuador

My days were filled with so much appreciation and love for my ability to be present. Waking up to a homemade breakfast and coffee before getting the day started was something that really made the day begin just right. After my breakfast and morning rituals, I would walk to my location. The walk to the facility was as important as anything else in my day. It gave me time to focus on my intentions, and recognize how grateful I was to be in such a position. The view of Quito in the morning was a gift in itself.

Although I was eager to "do" so much during my volunteering, being present and lending a whole heart to each individual is all that I needed to be a part of.

Every day that I was there I was asked to do something different but not unfamiliar. I have had the privilege of working many jobs throughout my life so far. Being asked to do another task was more than fine with me. I really appreciate new experiences and learning from others who do things differently.

Creating a more specific participation with the nunnery. Although I understand it is somewhat of a privilege to be able to participate with the nunnery, a lot more could have been done. I believe that when someone decides to volunteer their time, they expect to be made use of in many ways. We are young and innovative, and ready to do so much. Take advantage.

Great experience

Ubelong is a wonderful organization. I have nothing but good things to say about the way that they are organized and run. My host family was super generous and very knowledgeable, and they did a great job making sure that I was prepared and ready for the trip. Barbara made even my panicked mother comfortable. My experience with UBELONG was nothing but positive and I would definitely go on another trip with them if I decide that more international service is in my future.

I went during their summer break, so the kids were on their summer break, too. The "teaching" became more babysitting and we weren't able to teach much English, but the kids were fantastic and the volunteers were still very necessary at the school.

Review of UBELONG

I had a great experience with UBLONG. THe application and preparation processes were very straightforward and my mentor was an extraordinary source of knowledge. My time spent volunteering abroad was a month that I will treasure forever. UBLEONG helped me give my travel to the South America a meaning other than tourism. While there, I saw sites from a different lens, and I got to assist in sustaining the famously unique environment of the Galapagos Islands.

Everyone should be aware that the banks on the Galapagos are very unreliable and that they should be ready to bring cash to fund all of their adventures.
Jeev

I felt like I belong

UBELONG was exactly what I had in mind when I was looking up organizations that would help me accomplish my dream of traveling while trying to make a difference. There prices are affordable, start dates are flexible and the minimum time commitment required will work with anyone's travel schedules. I did not expect to have FREE Wi-Fi at my volunteer house so that was a wonderful perk.
From the folks at the UBELONG headquarters to their local team at the volunteer projects, you are quickly made to feel welcome and that "you belong". I was truly blessed to have been surrounded by loving and caring host family and fellow UBELONG volunteers. They make me miss my life in Tumbaco. I was surprised with a birthday party with cake, beverages, decorations and entertainment when I wasn't even expecting anything to be honest. Thank you, UBELONG.

There wasn't a requirement to know Spanish but if there had been some sort of requirement like a basic understanding of the language, then I would have taken some lessons before my trip. Beginner lessons would have come in extremely handy because majority of the students did not speak English and communication was challenging at times. There were UBELONG volunteers who were fluent in Spanish and they definitely made things much easier. Thank you girls!
Kai

Amazing Galapago

UBELONG made what is a nervous experience of traveling to a new country very seamless for me. Adriana was wondering with checking in and ready to answer any questions needed. Very proud to have been a UBELONG Volunteer.

More information about packing list and perhaps add in ability to connect with previous volunteers.
Julia

A unique adventure

Volunteering on the Galapagos Islands was an adventure in every sense. It took me out of my comfort zone - I was on my own, without the Western comforts I'm used to, in a culture I didn't know. At the same time, I was supported by an excellent local team (who were patient with my basic Spanish skills!) and the friendliest fellow volunteers. It was an incredible opportunity to see and give back to one of the most unique places on the planet.

Both leaders of the volunteer organization were not present during my volunteer
Luke

Teaching and living in Quito, Ecuador.

With the UBELONG project there was always been active communication to ensure that my experience was one of enjoyment, worth and comfort even after the project finished. The in-country team were always so attentive and approachable should you need to discuss anything - be it project related or just a casual conversation - in a way that gave you the space and security to really explore opportunities of your new environment yourself. The project itself along with living and working with surprisingly (or not so) like minded volunteers is really indescribable without using those cliched 'travel terms' like "phenomenal", "brilliant" and "incredible" - except that they really do describe the experience i had with UBELONG.

Not just being polite and courteous but it is hard to fault my experience by way of UBELONG, their projects and staff on them - you just have to be aware of what travelling and living abroad is likely to involve and potential problems that may arise - remaining open and level headed and you'll unlikely encounter any problems.
Tina

UBELONG Ecuadorian Amazon

UBELONG made it possible for me to afford a volunteer abroad opportunity dealing with forest conservation. I was able to meet unforgettable people in a safe and caring environment. Overall, this was an amazing experience!

I would have rather have gone straight to the reservation at Jatun Sacha instead of staying two nights in Quito. The preparation book was very thorough but missed out on important information such as finding the bus station in Tena. The other volunteers and I traveled to Jatun Sacha on different days and we all had issues finding the bus station in Tena. Being in a different country knowing their language minimally made asking for clear directions difficult. Other than that, the actual program at Jatun Sacha was incredible and I could not complain about anything there!

Galapagos Program Review

After volunteering with UBELONG in Cusco, Peru, I knew I wanted to work with the organization again. I was thrilled to be able to plan a volunteer trip to the Galapagos through UBELONG. UBELONG prepared me very well for the trip. My mentor was extremely helpful in answering my questions and providing information about the project so that I felt confident and prepared when I left. Volunteering with UBELONG is a great and affordable way to see the world while helping others or the environment. I hope to volunteer with UBELONG again soon!

Tara

Great experience at a great price!

I had been planning on participating in a long term volunteer project for a while and was looking for a safe program with a good price. Most programs I came upon were too expensive and seemed more like vacations rather than volunteer work. Then I saw UBELONG. The price was affordable and there was a lot for the volunteers to do. Before departure, all of my questions were answered, and I had a lot. I chose education in Quito and I loved it! The family was very welcoming and made us feel as if we were part of their family. They included us in their trips and their parties and made sure that we were comfortable. I taught an English class everyday to children, and seeing how much they progressed was truly amazing! This is a program that I truly recommend and plan on participating in again in the future!

Brian

Quito 2014

My first experience with UBELONG was during my the Spring Break of my freshman year of college. After speaking with my group's mentor prior to departing for Quito, I realized how prepared I was to go and make a difference during my time abroad. What I did not know was that I was going to leave with such unforgettable experiences. UBELONG paired my volunteer group with a wonderful host family, and although I only had the opportunity to stay in Quito for one week, I realized how much UBELONG did in order to make sure everyone who volunteers for them has the best experiences of their lives. I was incredibly impressed by how much my Mentor helped my group to prepare, and UBELONG made sure that we were in an environment where we would thrive and be comfortable. This volunteer experience was unlike any other I have had in the past, and it truly was the best volunteer experience I've had to this day. I hope to have this opportunity again in the future, so that I can make even more incredible memories and friendships.

Kristen

A Great Program

UBELONG provides affordable, flexible volunteer opportunities abroad. The staff of both UBELONG and the local team were incredibly helpful during my preparation and stay on the island. The time I spent volunteering on the Galapagos was a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience: I was able to bond with volunteers from around the world while making a difference. It was wonderful to have the opportunity to give back to this magical place. I can't recommend UBELONG highly enough.

The station is run by Jatun Sacha, which has volunteers from many different organizations. I would have liked to have been able to communicate with these volunteers before I reached the island, though I don't know if that's possible.

About UBELONG

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe