Most Affordable Volunteering in Ghana from only U$ 367 for 2 weeks

Around 20 children in a classroom smiling to the camera
Animal preservation in Ghana
Animal preservation in Ghana
Teaching volunteering in Ghana

Iko Poran offers the most affordable and rewarding set of projects, starting at only $367 for 2 weeks.

As a non-profit organization, Iko Poran runs its own projects, which guarantees no handling fees due to unnecessary intermediaries and the allocation of the money directly according to the needs of local communities.

Volunteers can choose from flexible sports, teaching, and childcare/ orphanage programs that can be combined.

- Available all year round;
- Start dates on the 1st and the 15th of each month;
- Programs can last from 2 to 24 weeks;
- Get the most out of time combining childcare, teaching and sports in the same program;
- Projects are based in Achiase village in the central region or Senya village on the coast;
- Program fee includes airport pickup, orientation, meals, guided tour, transportation to and from the project, full on-going support, 24x7 emergency support and donation to your Project.

• 1. Most affordable registration fee, only $ 149 and no extra 5% transfer fee on top!
  • 2. Help our local partners achieve long-lasting positive results
  • 3. Take part in a project that matches your interests and abilities
  • 4. Get a chance to discover a beautiful destination from a local perspective while making a difference in people’s lives
  • 5. Create a bond with local hosts, organization staff and fellow volunteers

Mathilde

The gift that keeps on giving!

Ghana is a rich and colourful place, humming with culture and rhythm. If you are in search of an authentic experience, Ghana would be an excellent choice. Experience the Ghanaian society and everyday life whilst making a difference and working along with the local people on their terms.
On many aspects Ghana has been through a lot of development and is a country in progress. On other aspects; the education system, the division of power and the structure of the society - it is a country with some major problems that needs a lot of work and focus. You will have the challenge of a lifetime whilst everyday is a life changing experience that will stay with you forever. You will never find the gatitude and welcoming people elsewhere, and you will make friends for life. Definitely recommendable!

What was your funniest moment?
To experience all of the many many traditional Ghanaian traditions and participating on the same level as the locals.
Beatriz

I felt home like never before

Since I started the preparation for the program, I had all the help that I needed from Iko Poran and their partner Foundation. Everything was made with time and carefully explained to me so that there would be no pressure or mistakes on my trip to Ghana.
From moment one, when the organization picked me up at the airport, I felt extremely safe. From then on, everything about Ghana and its culture was amazing to me: everyone is so friendly and caring for my health and safety. The staff of the organization were very helpful before and during the program and I was given anything I needed. I had good food, good living conditions and tons of fun with them! I was also given as much protection and independence as I needed which is something I truly valued.
The experience with the kids was the best part! Some of them are eager to learn, it is beautiful and makes me want to be the best teacher they've ever had! I don't know if it is like that in every African country (it certainly is not like that in Portugal, where I live in), but the kids in the orphanage made me feel like I was meant to be a kid again and do all the crazy and innocent things that we kids do! I was in such a peaceful state of mind and having so much fun at the same time! I absolutely loved it! Besides, the relationships created with the staff and the kids are so meaningful that it became difficult for me to imagine my life going on without them around. I hold Ghana very dearly in my heart, I don't think I could have felt more like home being alone in a completely different reality from the one I've always lived in! I am definitely coming back.

Location:
Kotoka International Airport
( ACC )
Kumasi International
( KMS )

Ghana is considered one of the most peaceful places in Africa, due to there longstanding stability in their economy and politics. This country is rich in history, which you can see in their UNESCO world heritage site that displays the effects of the slave trade and gold reserves. If you are looking to relax here, there is 335 miles of coastline that is ready to be explored.

About Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA

Iko Poran is a well-established NGO offering a wide range of life-changing volunteer programs in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. These safe, affordable and meaningful programs include Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, NGO Support,...