Ghana has become the Gateway to Africa and you can get involved in one of these volunteer placements based in Accra whilst travelling Ghana at the weekends. Visit Cape Coast and the haunting Slave Castle, Busua, the Volta Delta area, the Canopy Walk, Kakum National Park...
The Ghanese are a very friendly, spiritual and beautiful people who will welcome you to their country and delight in having you involved in their projects.
- Teaching - in a nursery/pre-school, school for disadvantaged children, senior school, after school homework club
- Combine teaching with helping with the homework club in the afternoons
- Combine teaching with sports coaching in the afternoons (netball, hockey, tennis, boxing, basketball, rugby)
- Visit beautiful places in Ghana at the weekends such as the haunting Slave Castle at Cape Coast
- Have fun with the other volunteers staying at the Volunteer House!