View Other Details
Living expenses (shared accommodation, all meals, wi-fi)
Use of equipment & research boats
Transport for working purposes
Greek language lessons
Students and recent graduates are advised to explore possible funding through their universities, by getting in touch with the Finance / International Relations / Placement/ Erasmus+ Offices at their Universities or other relevant grant providing organizations in their region.
*Travelling costs are NOT included and are covered by the participant.
The goal of the Archipelagos marine mammal research team is to monitor the regional status of marine mammal populations and their habitats in the eastern Aegean, a region where data relating to these species is largely lacking. Projects include
• Collecting and analysing data on cetacean presence, abundance, distribution and behavioural studies through boat, ferry and land surveys
• Collecting and analysing data on species movement, residency pattern and social structure using mark recapture photo-ID techniques
• Monitoring cetacean bioacoustics
• Collecting and analysing data on the presence, abundance, distribution and behavioural tendencies of Mediterranean monk seals and various sea turtle species
• Analysing microplastic content in marine animal digestive system
• Monitoring and assessing marine litter on shore and at sea
• The creation of an in-sea rehabilitation facility for marine mammals and turtles
• Cetacean and sea turtle basic first aid and stranding response