Volunteering Experience for a Life Time

Volunteering Experience for a Life Time

Aimabroad offers volunteer opportunity for international volunteers at affordable rate in India volunteers can participate in our various social welfare programs from one week to six months.

Aimabroad offers following programs in India:

Teaching in slum area
Orphanage program
Work on an ambulance / hospital
Women empowerment program
Language and cultural immersion program

Volunteers generally stay in host family during which time they receive lessons in Hindi, helpful aid in acclimating to Indian culture, full meals, safe transportation to and from the specified projects and opportunities for sightseeing in Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.

Asia » India » Delhi
Asia » India
The cost includes
--Lodging at a host family
--Network power, western toilet, good hygiene conditions, hot running water
--Meals three times a day
--Transport between home and place of work
--Pick-up from the airport
--24-7 telephone helpline
--Round the clock medical assistance
--Telephone, broadband internet, public facilities in the vicinity
--Sight seeing (Faridabad city only),

Not included in program
--Visa fees
--Insurance
--Travel to/from India
--Spending money
--Any entrance fee during sightseeing and trips

Sisi
Pune, India

Great Experience with AIM Abroad

I volunteered with AIM Abroad for a week in March 2013 with a friend of mine. We volunteered in a street school and had an incredible experience. The kids were the best kids you can possibly get- nice, well-behaved, understand little English but communication was no problem with body language. They taught me how to play indian games and were very willing to learn whatever I taught them. The head of the school is a super kind lady who started the school. She is an amazing person and how she started the school is an amazing story.

My friend and I arrived around 3 am, and were a bit worried about safety when we get off the train since we are two girls. However, the driver was already waiting for us at the train station and brought us to the host family. Very nice family. Two sons and one daughter. The daughter and the older son are really sweet and helpful, and the youngest son (who is five years old) is super cute. If you need anything, they can take you to the store. They provided very good homemade food three times a day and snacks (chai and cookies) all the time. VERY SAFE.

I really recommend working with AIM Abroad. It was a great experience for me.

I think the program really meets, and to some extent, exceeds my expectation. I am really satisfied working with AIM Abroad and can't think of anything I want to change right now.

Katie
London, England
Swansea University

Amazing Experience

An amazing experience, loved every minute of it. We got collected from Delhi, this was included in the cost of the program. We arrived at the family home and they were so welcoming, it is a huge house with great facilities, but still with a real homey atmosphere. They run many programs here, from a small to large slum school, working in local clinics with doctors, working in local orphanages and construction work.

The family are so welcoming and very laid back, they let you experience all of the programs and decide which one you prefer the most.

I worked in the small slum school in the mornings teaching 4-6 year old children maths and English. This was a perfect opportunity for me as I will train to be a teacher on my return home. I was given a class along with a friend to run. We made our own lesson plans and had full control over what we taught and how.

In the afternoons we visited various orphanages and got to build up a relationship with the children. After school you help them with homework and then afterwards play with them, they love cricket!

It was a wonderful experience, I have met some lovely and amazing people, from the host family, to the children and also the other volunteers that stay in the house with you.

The programs are set in a lovely area, outside of Delhi, away from the hustle and bustle of the City, but with lots of things to do around.

The host family are so accommodating, they encourage you to go on trips for the weekend to visit other parts of India, they help organise everything, taxis, rickshaws, train tickets and sim cards.

On our weekends away we missed the family and returning on the Sunday was like we were coming home.

I wish we could have stayed longer, I have nothing bad to say about my experience, I loved every minute of it, I would highly recommend this experience to anyone. It is great value for money, a just all round enjoyable experience.

Nothing, there is nothing I would change, I loved every minute of it.

Zara
Windsor, Canada
University of Windsor

Amazing opportunity

Volunteering with Aim Abroad has provided me with experiences that I do not think I could have had elsewhere. The host family is absolutely wonderful and they really help you become comfortable with the city. They will help you with everything you need and make sure you are happy, healthy and well fed every single day. The food is delicious and they can provide for unique dietary needs. On the weekends you have the opportunity to travel and the host family will help you with travel plans, hotels and even rickshaws or cabs. The work you do during your stay is very meaningful. You can teach in the slum schools, work in the orphanage, help with the women's empowerment program or gain medical experience in the clinics and hospitals. If you can't choose one thing, you can do them all, gaining experience in all these things. I have no complaints at all about Aim Abroad and I would recommend them to anyone who is wishing to immerse themselves in India's beautiful culture and make a meaningful difference.

I honestly can not think of anything to change.

Aimabroad is low cost volunteer organization based in India, International volunteers are welcome to participate in our social programs by paying a nominal fee.

Volunteers can spend one weeks to six months in the residence of the program Coordinator or a local host family, during