India Experience Program

India Experience Program

The program offers a variety of experiences in India including :

- Visit to famous historical monuments including the Taj Mahal.
- Chance to learn Indian Bollywood dancing, yoga, Indian cooking and henna painting.
- Adventure activities like camel safari with overnight camping in the desert, trekking in the Himalayas and visiting the cultural highlights of former Portugese colony of Goa.
- The program option of adventure and exploration offers time on the sunny beaches of Goa.
- Volunteering work at Jaipur and Goa.

Asia » India » Jaipur
Asia » India

Myriam
Switzerland

India - 5 Senses

During our trip to Pushkar we walked along the "spirit walk", a walk around the town, catering to all 5 senses. The market with all its saris and beautiful fabrics is so colourful. There are tasty fruits and foods on every corner. Different oils, incenses and fresh flowers distribute a nice smell along the way. A group of women were singing an Indian songs while walking next to us. A true Indian experiences of 5 senses.

Palampur:
- shorten programme by one day. we could easily leave by rain on Tuesday night as there was nothing planned on Wednesday and also not that many possible activities in the surrounding area.
- please dont call the trekking an "easy trekking", as 1000m altitude difference in 9km is really rather not that easy. I would have brought better shoes knowing this.
- It would maybe be easier to fly from Kullu directly to Goa, other than taking another night train. like this there would be enough time for an additional organized trip in Goa.

Natalia
England

India Experience

I have very much enjoyed my experience on this trip. There has been many places to visit. One of the great things about the trip is that there is a lot of meals included which means your not worrying about where to go and eat. The staff have been very informative and helpful. This trip is great for first time travelers as there is always a member of staff with you and you do not have to orgainse much yourself.

I would suggest that the trekking is optional and explained that it is not an easy trek. There should be an alternative to the trekking, it was beautiful and I enjoyed it but I know many people who would have struggled with this.

I also would suggest that on the last day in Palampur there is something to do before going to take the night train. I think a cooking session would be great where you could learn how to cook some local food. Maybe even going to local market to buy ingrediants before cooking.

I would also suggest that the flight to Goa are all orginsed together even if it just for the practicality of dropping off and picking up. My group of four all have sdifferent flights and all a very different times.

Unmatched cultural immersion, experiences, memories and friendships through volunteering, travel by Idex (Since 2000).

We provide tourism and volunteering benefits to international travelers, while supporting various organizations for social development programs in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Vietnam & Nepal.