Travel and Volunteer In India with IDEX

Travel and Volunteer In India with IDEX

What all to expect in this excellent program :
1. Volunteer in the project of YOUR Interest In Jaipur, work with women or children, work towards education or health, paint or renovate schools or work towards caring for animals
2. In Jaipur spend time admiring the monuments and the culture meanwhile attend workshops for Indian dressing style, Cooking, Henna Workshop and Bollywood Dance
3. Do Camel Safari and Camping in Pushker which is an ancient holy pilgrimage for Hindus
4. Move To Delhi the capital city and visit important political and historic places
5. Visit the marvel in stone, Taj Mahal at Agra
6. Go to Haridwar & Rishikesh and relax at the banks of Ganges or go for rafting or trekking
7. Come to Goa and do Volunteering work with the local communities as per suitability, meanwhile explore Goa, relax at the beaches or go for the water sports

This program will take you to places and communities which are geographically and culturally very rich and very distinctive..

Asia » India » Jaipur
Asia » India » Himalaya
Asia » India » Goa
Asia » India » Delhi
Asia » India » Agra
Asia » India
Hotel
Costs includes, boarding, lodging, travel expenses within the country as per program and the workshops

Tasha
Southampton

Monte Hill

I am overwhelmed by the good work that is done here and how involved the volunteering program is. I loved going to Monte Hill to do the Women's empowerment program and making a difference to their lives. It is instantly rewarding to see how much they want to learn and how accepting they are of you. Plus it's so much fun to get to know the women! Everyone there, not just the women in the class are so welcoming

My only suggestion would be to have more activities to do in the camp, the workshops on the first week were great, so I would like more of that. Or more free organised trips out for the group.

Morgen
London
University of Manchester

india volunteering- teaching children in jaipur

The volunteering was great- if you can be organised and plan everything by yourself.

Organisation very poor from idex team. Head of jaipur house - not hugely helpful despite being friendly.

Lack of information when arrived lead to a pretty bad first impression and wasn't a nice experience.

Jaipur house very nice and staff were great, delhi house- people were clueless and couldn't speak english- 3 men picked a lone girl up from airport, did not speak a word to her and left her in her room for over 6 hours without any info. This experience happened with 3 other girls.

When arriving in jaipur had a very welcoming time, despite the long drives from delhi and agra without much information of what was going on.

Would recommend volunteering to others but not idex.

Response from Idex

Dear Morgen,

First of all , on behalf of the Idex team, we want to thank you of letting us know of your concerns which allows us an opportunity to fix this issue – for you and for all our future travellers and make our organisation stronger to serve people better.

Based on the communication we have received, we have outlined issues. Now we will outline our actions we are going to take to fix this.

Please share your e-mail address and we would be happy to update you on our actions.

Thank you Morgen, once again, for your support by letting us know your concerns.

Sincerely
Idex Team

Roger
Peru

Great Country Explored via wonderful Trip and company

It was a great trip and I could have stayed longer. 1 month is just not enough exploring India. Traveling from red hot desert to icy Himachal was great fun. Goa has been one of my favorite place during the trip where I met lot of people from various countries in the camp. Overall, the program was wonderful and I would remember this for long long time.

More Projects could have been planned for one month trip.

Adam
Reading, England

Adam Feak

It is fantastic here at Himachal in IDEX i would recommend any person who wanted to do volunteering to come here. The staff here are amazing and so friendly it feels more like being part of a big family. The manager here has answered all my questions within ample time and with great results. The food is amazing and the rooms here a very comfortable and brilliant to sleep in. The volunteering here is so much fun and its a joy to work with all the children. In the morning i go to MCS which is a school for mentally challenged students. It can be very hard here to grasp the children's attention and get them completely focused during some activities that we plan. However it is incredible to see the progress they make and gives me much joy to see them happy and achieving. In the afternoon i have been teaching computing to girls under the age of 15. This again is tough but its a joy to work with them as well as they listen well and always enjoy doing there work and achieving. My main highlight would have to be everything here i can not describe the joy i get from being here with words its an amazing experience.

I can not actually think of a single thing. Every part of the experience is as good as i could be. All the resources needed are available for you and all questions an queries are always answered as i mentioned before.

Heather
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Education Project in Jaipur, India

The accommodations in Jaipur, India were very nice, with rooms with 2 to 3 beds and a bathroom for each room. Very clean and the staff who lived in the house were very friendly. I felt safe at all times during my stay. I really enjoyed living in a house with 15-25 people of all different backgrounds. Although I loved working with the people who attended the classes, volunteering in the children's class and women empowerment class was frustrating at times, as there was little organization or communication among the IDEX staff. I received almost no orientation, preparation, or even basic expectations for how and what to teach in the class. In general, the IDEX program is very unorganized and lacks communication.

Unmatched cultural immersion, experiences, memories and friendships through volunteering, travel by Idex (Since 2000).

We provide tourism and volunteering benefits to international travelers, while supporting various organizations for social development programs in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Vietnam & Nepal.