For ME to WE (at the time Free the Children), South Asia is where it all began.
In 1995, WE co-founder Craig Kielburger journeyed to South Asia at the age of 12 where he witness child labour first hand. This is the trip that changed his life and started what we now know as the WE movement.
Our work in India has continued for the last 20 years to include all of our 5 pillars of impact: Education, Water, Health and Opportunity and Food. You will work on one of our many projects in Rajasthan province that bring food and water security to underdeveloped parts of the country, and help children, particular girls to have a brighter future through education and opportunity. You will also get to learn about this beautiful culture, it's rich flavours and warm people.
Walk with us in through our own history as you build a lasting impact on the future.
- Volunteer in rural India – help build a school in rural India, providing education to local children.
- Play with local children and engage with community members making tai dye & bollywood dancing
- Visit beautiful Udaipur, the “city of lakes,” where your senses will be overwhelmed.
- Explore ancient ruins, see historical sites and visit a local ashram.
- Participate in interactive workshops to explore global issues.