Orphanage Volunteer Work India

Would you like to volunteer your time with Orphanage Kids in India? If yes, then you are in right place ;VWI offers to volunteer work with the orphange kids. The children placed in orphanage really need love & care, just like our children. Every child needs love, kindness, attention and care. When the little human beings are born, they should be surrounded by loving people. But unfortunately, life dictates its harsh laws, and many children do not have anyone close who would care for them. Orphan children, like all children in the world deserve to be happy. Due to various circumstances, they began their lives with sadness in their eyes, it’s through customs and traditions that children of different sexes are not provided with equal treatment; ignorance among young people about contraception & about the consequences of unwanted pregnancy, rape, and also severe disease of children, are causes for which parents abandon children; also, death of relatives is a cause for kids to become orphan

Dominic

Street Children Supporter

When I arrived I was thrown in at the deep end as the Indian teacher was ill . I shouldn't have worried . The class of up to 20 boys were very welcoming and very keen to learn and enjoy themselves . I was welcomed with a heartwarming "Namaste" from the boys every morning . They were a kind , loving and generous bunch of lads . They enjoyed my pro-active ,hands-on method of teaching and enjoyed participating in games such as , Simon Says , I Spy , Pictionary and Hangman . They had almost no English Language experience , but after 6 weeks they knew their alphabet , numbers , could play games, do simple mathematics and construct simple sentences . They also built up a vocabulary of places , body parts , modes of transport , fruit and vegetables , family members , food and drink and sport . My partner joined me for the last 3 weeks and even though she had never taught before and was nervous , she took to it like a duck to water . Its easy teaching boys who enjoy learning . You don't need any formal qualifications . I would recommend spending at least 3 weeks teaching in Jaipur , 6 weeks was perfect for me . There is lots to do in Jaipur and surrounding areas in your spare time/weekends : Jodhpur, Udaipur, Agra and Taj Mahal , Camel and/or Tiger Safari,Delhi , Temples and Forts . Very rewarding , we achieved a lot in 6 weeks and would like to return . If you join the program please bring lots of flashcards and teaching aids as resources are limited .

DominicFinn

More resources would be useful : Teaching aids such as flashcards .
Access to a computer was limited . I did bring my own laptop/ipad which was very useful . It would have been great to be able to connect them to a monitor for teaching purposes .
Gonzalo

Programa orfanato

TRANSLATION:

I have no words to describe what my experience in Jaipur was like. From minute one, Sukret came to pick me up at the airport and gave me a lot of peace. When we arrived at the guest house, I met the rest of the volunteers and family that lived in that house. Afterwards, I explained how volunteering was going to develop.

The first day was an authentic madness. They came to pick us up in tuctuc. The driver was very nice and although we did not understand very well, except for a few words in English and gestures, you laughed at any time.

In the orphanage, the boys received us with the typical namaste and they showed up one by one. What impacted me the most was their desire to learn and even though you were the teacher they taught you interesting things.

The rest of the days did not look like the previous one. In the afternoon, in your free time there were always things to do, from going to the monkey temple, a must, until walking through the town enjoying its architecture and typical food there.

I recommend everyone to go.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

No tengo palabras para describir como fue mi experiencia en jaipur. Desde el minuto uno ,sukret vino a recogerme al aeropuerto y me transmitio mucha tranquilidad. Cuando llegamos a la guest house , conoci al resto de voluntarios y familia que vivia en esa casa. Ya despues , me explico como iba a desarrollarse el voluntariado.

El primer dia fue una autentica locura. Vinieron a recogernos en tuctuc. El conductor era bastante simpático y aunque no nos entediesemos muy bien, salvo por algunas palabras en inglés y por los gestos , te reías en cualquier momento.

En el orfanato, los chicos nos recibieron con el tipico namaste y se presentaron uno por uno. Lo que mas me impacto fue sus ganas de aprender y aunque tu fueses el profesor ellos te enseñaban cosas bastante interesantes.

El resto de dias no se parecían al anterior. Por la tarde , en tus ratos libres siempre habia cosas para hacer, desde ir al monkey temple, visita obligada, hasta pasear por el pueblo disfrutando de su arquitectura y comida tipica de allí.

Recomiendo a todo el mundo que vaya.

Maira

India Children & Memories

Being on the program in India was absolutely amazing. It was a truly cathartic experience, and working with the other volunteers was so much fun! The children at the orphanage were so wonderful.
It was an amazing experience. I stayed with a host family and ate vegetarian food. We reach to the center every morning, and taught until about 9:30 a.m to 3 p.m. The organization is wonderful and everything’s organized by worth. The Project coordinator at the site was wonderful. In the beginning i did not know what to do but he explain me everything and build my confidence. I will definitely recommend the program and VWI!

cristina

Great experience

I think this is an experience every person should have. My advice is to volunteer and learn as much as possible while being there. I can guarantee that every person who volunteers, after getting back home, will appreciate all they have a lot more, will appreciate life a lot more.

Volunteers will find the streets to be very dirty so make sure you get vaccinated before going there, buy anti-malaria pills, buy a face mask from the pharmacy because there is a lot of dust and always wear sun glasses and get some sunscreen with high SPF.
Response from Volunteering With India

Thanks Cristina for giving the feedback. Wishing you best in your life by VWI Team and kids in orphanage

About Volunteering With India

Volunteering With India gives you opportunity to work in India for various development volunteering program including work with children, Orphanage work, Work with elephants,Women empowerment & Theater Volunteer program.