Join IVHQ on our Indonesia program! Located on the beautiful Simeulue Island, off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia. The IVHQ Indonesia program has been created for volunteers over 30 and families, where you are based out of a eco-minded surf resort and you will instantly feel at home on the tropical paradise. IVHQers take part on the Island Conservation project, where volunteers work on a range of different initiatives focused on conservation and environmental restoration.
The volunteer program begins on the first and third Monday of each month, and you can choose to volunteer for 1, 2 or 4 weeks.
- This program is for volunteers 30 years or over and families. Family members under the age of 30 years are able to join with their parent/guardian who is over the age of 30.
- When volunteering on the Island Conservation project in Indonesia, you will play an important role in supporting a range of conservation activities to help preserve the eco-systems and species on the island of Simeulue.
- The volunteer program begins on the first and third Monday of each month, and you can choose to volunteer for 1, 2 or 4 weeks.
- If you are volunteering for 2 weeks or longer, you will have the opportunity to participate in volunteer work on Bangkaru Island. The island is located to the south-east of Simeulue within the Banyaks archipelago. Bangkaru is an uninhabited island with un
- There is world-class waves on your door step in your free time, along with snorkeling and stand-up paddle boarding down the Sumatran river.