Sports, exercise, and health education play important roles in the fine and gross motor coordination development, and long-term wellbeing of youth. Volunteer in Kerala, India, or Cape Town, South Africa, to join locally run projects and assist community members to lead health workshops and sporting activities. Assist with a variety of sports and physical activities, as well as empowerment workshops for local youth.
You will develop leadership and facilitation skills, learn about different cultures, and volunteer in an ethically sustainable way that measures against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. GVI has a Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy in place to maintain ethical best practices.
You could also form life-long friendships with your fellow participants from around the world. Together, explore the natural wonders of Cape Town and better understand the complex history and diverse cultures within the country, or enjoy scenic beach days in Kerala.
- Contribute to the fine and gross motor skill development of community youth, as well as their long-term wellbeing.
- Support the UN SDGs and learn how to volunteer and travel ethically.
- Connect with local community members and develop friendships with like-minded participants from around the world.
- In Cape Town, hike up Cape Point, where the Indian and Atlantic ocean meet. In Kerala, enjoy the relaxation of tropical beach greenery and backwater canals.
- Become a global citizen with greater understandings of cultures and community development issues.