Join a GVI marine and wildlife conservation volunteer project. You will have the opportunity to extend your passion for animals toward impact-driven initiatives. Your efforts support short, mid, and long-term objectives that align with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Programs are based all around the world with opportunities to safeguard endangered sea turtles in Greece, assist elephant caretakers with health checks and the reintegration of previously working elephants into more natural settings in Thailand, tracking and collecting data on lemon sharks in Seychelles, and species identification and beach clean-ups in Fiji.
This is also an opportunity to connect with other GVI participants, staff, and local community members, taste traditional cuisines, and make life-long friendships.
- Learn more about marine and wildlife conservation, gaining first-hand experience alongside professional conservationists.
- Support short, mid, and long-term objectives that are measured against the UN SDGs.
- Safeguard endangered sea turtles in Greece, assist elephant caretakers in Thailand, collect data on the lemon shark in Seychelles, and learn species identification in Fiji.
- Meet people from all around the world and make life-long friendships with like-minded people.
- Travel ethically, try new cuisines, and become a global citizen.