COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, GVI has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Join a GVI marine and wildlife conservation volunteer project. You will have the opportunity to extend your passion for animals toward impact-driven initiatives. Your efforts support short, mid, and long-term objectives that align with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Programs are based all around the world with opportunities to safeguard endangered sea turtles in Greece, assist elephant caretakers with health checks and the reintegration of previously working elephants into more natural settings in Thailand, tracking and collecting data on lemon sharks in Seychelles, and species identification and beach clean-ups in Fiji.
This is also an opportunity to connect with other GVI participants, staff, and local community members, taste traditional cuisines, and make life-long friendships.
- Learn more about marine and wildlife conservation, gaining first-hand experience alongside professional conservationists.
- Support short, mid, and long-term objectives that are measured against the UN SDGs.
- Safeguard endangered sea turtles in Greece, assist elephant caretakers in Thailand, collect data on the lemon shark in Seychelles, and learn species identification in Fiji.
- Meet people from all around the world and make life-long friendships with like-minded people.
- Travel ethically, try new cuisines, and become a global citizen.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.