We believe young people can change the world. So we run Nepal volunteering programs for young people to ignite their passion for change and equip them with the skills, networks and confidence to become leaders.
Nepal is the second poorest country in Asia with nearly one-quarter of the population living below the poverty line. In 2015, the country was hit by a devastating earthquake that mostly affected rural areas and destroyed much of vital infrastructure. On the Nepal program, you will support your peers to drive change for their communities. You'll work with local people suffering from the aftermath of the earthquake to improve their access to water and sanitation facilities.
Raleigh Expedition is an international volunteering program delivered by the youth-driven development charity, Raleigh International. Raleigh Expedition is one of the first UK programs to be accredited by the Gap Year Association (GYA) and recognized by TeenLife as a Top 15 Most Popular Gap Program.
- Our programs run for 5, 7, and 10 weeks throughout the year, so you can join during your gap year.
- Live in a local homestay with another volunteer and learn first-hand about Nepali culture.
- Gain a fantastic volunteer experience you’ll never forget, working on real projects with real people in real places to create real change.
- Trek through the spectacular Ruby Valley climbing up to 2500m and pass through rural mountain villages on the Adventure Leadership Trek.
- Develop of essential teamwork, leadership, active citizenship, language exchange, and intercultural skills and knowledge.
We’re holding development projects to account using technology, developing the skills to run behaviour change campaigns and reducing the impact of climate change on communities most at risk. Youth-driven change is getting things done!
Join over 55,000 people from over 100 countries and become part of a global community dedicated to supporting youth-led action. Young people are continuing to take action in their own communities, from creating sustainable start-ups, to challenging gender inequality and calling for action on the climate emergency and human rights.
If we are going to finally defeat poverty and injustice, find sustainable ways to protect our planet and achieve the Global Goals, young people must be the ones taking the lead and driving the solutions. Read our impact report at: raleighinternational.org/our-work/our-impact