The Most Affordable Volunteer in Peru - 25K Volunteers Since 2006

Are you seeking a culturally intriguing experience in a foreign land? Do you want to lend a helping hand while you are on your adventure? Volunteering in Peru is a great way to do both! Peru is home to Machu Picchu and a fascinating Andean country alive with cultural stimulation and magnificent ruins of ancient cultures. However, many of Peru’s citizens are poor and live in unfortunate conditions.

Thirty-six percent of the population lives under the poverty line. Peru is a popular destination for volunteers who seek a balance of exciting activities and meaningful projects to share their love and passion with poor children and impoverished communities. Volunteers can work in an orphanage, with street children, in education, or in healthcare.

Prepare to enjoy Peruvian food, colonial architecture, the Amazon jungle, and a variety of adventurous activities such as river rafting, horseback riding, zip lining, bungee jumping, , quad biking and the famous trekking down the Inca Trail.

• The world’s most affordable volunteer programs – starting at $ 209
  • Low Fees are paid directly to host families and projects with absolutely no middlemen!
  • Experience the personal satisfaction of improving the lives of those in need who desperately need assistance.
  • Your one-time low fee cover accommodations, food, project costs, and support by expert and trustworthy local staffs.
  • Your safety is our utmost priority. We fully understand it can feel intimidating to be far from home in an unfamiliar country. But you’ll never feel alone with our 24/7 expert support staff and services.

Adrianna

Helping in a Cusco Clinic

I had a great time working in a clinic in Cusco Peru. It was fascinating to see how the health-care system runs there, and help out. Having worked for almost 2 years in clinics and hospitals elsewhere, I can honeatly say that the ministry of health in Peru does life-saving work with limited resources. From vaccinating highschoolers against measles, mumps, and rubella, to stitching up lacerations, I appreciated the opportunity to practice my skills. The people in the clinic were warm and appreciative. My host, Maria was welcoming and lovely. She took excellent care of me in her beautiful home. My country coordinator, Roger, we above and beyond to help me enjoy the city and feel safe. He honestly cares about the work he does and wants the volunteers to, as well. I loved staying in the house with the other volunteers, sharing meals together, exploring the markets, and playing cards at night. Great experience!

The minimum character for the review is ridiculous. The program fees seemed a bit extraneous considering how little support I received before going. I would have liked to know where I staying before arriving in the city.
Amanda

Rewarding and Fulfilling Experience

My experience with IFRE in the Teenage Mother Program (Peru) was very much rewarding and fulfilling. I really felt that the one on one interaction section with the mothers was much more productive and the time spent on day care was much more fun.

It was wonderful working with the teenage mothers. The organization needs a lot of help and the tutors do a fantastic job managing everything in spite of limited resources. It was really wonderful to work with these lovely group of women.

The home stay was well organized, comfortable and clean. Learning Spanish with the Host Mother was very helpful to me.

The entire process of organizing my trip with IFRE was very pleasant. I would have liked to spend more time at the orphanage to be able to help but unfortunately I had to return.

I highly recommend this project in Cusco.

Maybe the communication between the placements and the team has to be reinforced a bit, besides that everything is great.

About IFRE Volunteers Abroad

IFRE Volunteers, a leading U.S. volunteer abroad organization, specializes in ongoing, year-round projects available from 1 week to 12 weeks in 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Wherever you choose to go, your IFRE volunteer...