Volunteer in Peru - Lowest Fees & 20K Happy Volunteers Since 1998

When you volunteer in Peru, you will have the opportunity to see all the wonders of this country. From the Amazon, the Andes, and Lake Titicaca, Peru is full of world famous destinations and thousands of tourists flock to this great nation every year. There is also the urban culture of Cusco mixed with historical prominence. Not to mention the friendly and fascinating people of Peru and the indigenous culture.

However, many Peruvians live in extreme poverty and that’s where your role as a volunteer in Peru is so very important. Volunteering in Peru is your chance to do something meaningful, while also having time to experience such wonderful activities such as the Amazon jungle, river rafting, horseback.

Our programs in Kenya include Orphanage work, Street Children, Teaching English, Healthcare, Dentistry and Teenage Mother.

• Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice
  • At $159, ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available
  • Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen
  • Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

David

Two weeks of medical volunteering in Cusco

As someone interested in continuing my medical experience while volunteering and traveling, this program was the perfect synthesis of my interest in volunteering to help a clinic, learning medical skills, and practicing my Spanish. I felt very supported through my host family experience from Roger and Maria as well as in the clinic. The clinic gave me ample opportunity to see different departments and assist despite my lower skill level. The clinic was very inclusive with clinic experience as well as outside the clinic with activities and food. I felt a part of their cohort despite only having two weeks in Cusco. Overall, both components of the program, the clinic and the home, were great and I would recommend them to people looking to volunteer in Peru and practice their Spanish!

Because I volunteered at the clinic during December, there were some days of the clinic that were closed due to holidays. While I should I have guessed, knowing the days that the clinic were closed in advance would have allowed me to plan other trips and tours on those days.
David

Two weeks of medical volunteering in Cusco

As a pre-physician assistant, I was looking for a way to practice my Spanish language and medical skills while volunteering and helping a clinic in a place I never went to and it was exactly that. The clinic was the highlight of my experience as I was able to learn and observe useful skills in a mutually helpful way; one that helped me to learn while helping the clinic manage their heavy patient load. Everyone in the clinic was very nice and supportive and including me in events outside of work. While two weeks is too short to make a lasting impact, I felt a part of their team at the clinic and do appreciate the experience I've had. I am more likely to do medical volunteering abroad now and I felt good with the Spanish language practice and skill I was able to achieve.

I wish I had a little more information regarding where I would be staying and how the clinic would operate over end of the year holidays. The clinic was closed certain days around holidays, and if I knew that earlier, I would have been able to plan trips/tours during those days.
Kendahl

Peru Volunteer Trip

In September of 2018 I decided to take a leap of faith, and join the RCDP Volunteer program in Peru. I didn’t understand at the time, how much of an impact this trip would make in my life. I am in Nursing school, and wanted to experience what the medical field was like in a developing country. I worked in a small public clinic, and met some of the most amazing people you could imagine. Everyone welcomed me with open arms into their small close knit little family. Working in that clinic became the highlight of my trip. Visiting Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca, couldn’t come close to the beauty I experienced in that clinic. The Peruvian people I met are beautiful inside and out.
I also volunteered at a couple of orphanages, my favorite one being the special needs orphanage. Working there and getting to know those children, is the most beneficial feeling you can get. Working a day there, will leave you feeling exhausted but in the best way possible. Those kids are some of the happiest kids I have ever met, they don’t let the small nuisances in life get to them. Leaving there gives the most complete feeling of accomplishment you could have.
Another highlight of my trip would be meeting and getting to know my host family. Maria, my host mother, is one of the most kind hearted people you could ever meet. She made me and all the other volunteers feel so welcomed. She also made us feel like we were part of the family. She put the volunteers and I before her and everyone else, to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time. Also Roger Parrera made this incredible trip, that much better. He worked hard to make sure everything we experienced was the best it could possibly be. He’s hilarious and kind hearted and one of the best people I could possibly spend my time with. He made sure we all had fun but stayed 100% safe while doing it.
I made some of the best memories and friends that will stay with me for a lifetime.
Overall I would 10/10 recommend this volunteer program to anyone looking to make a difference in people’s life’s. Thank you so much to all of the people who made this trip one of the best I could hope for. A huge shout out to Maria (don’t know her last name) and Roger Parrera. I love you guys and couldn’t ask for a better host family.
God Bless and Happy New Year!
Sincerely,
Kendahl Clokey

About RCDP International Volunteer Program

Established in 1998, RCDP-Nepal is a recognized leader in the field of volunteering. RCDP-Nepal pioneered volunteer in Nepal and India programs. Our volunteer program offers an alternative way to enjoy the exhilarating and exotic beauty of the nature...