Volunteer in Philippines with Volunteering Solutions

Volunteer in Philippines with Volunteering Solutions

Join Volunteer Solutions on a fantastic volunteer program in the Philippines! Volunteering Solutions partners with local nonprofit organizations to ensure the best projects for locals as well as volunteers. Volunteers can choose to work at a rural medical clinic in Tacloban, a coastal town. These clinics are scarce on staff and resources. The specific volunteer's tasks will depend on their experience and comfort. Volunteers can also work directly with orphans to support their education and personal development. Whatever program is right for you, be sure to check out the Volunteering Solutions website!

Asia » Philippines
Cebu City

Juan Pablo
Villa de Álvarez, Colima

It was hard to say: "Good bye!"

Well...It's true that I have talked about my experience many times since I left Tacloban, Philippines :) And yes it's difficult to find one story because I have a lot to tell, jeje. Therefore, perhaps what I haven't told yet is how much I miss being there and how sad I felt when my brother and I left.
The last day we stayed in Tugop my heart just broke and I knew I had to go back. That day, Nanay Nene cooked our last Philippine breakfast; fried fish with veggies in coconut milk, and those delicious rice cupcakes they call "puto" ;). It was not a sunny day as usual, it was raining that day as if it were crying because of our leaving :) At Tugop Elementary school students were waiting for us with lovely letters they wrote to my brother and me. They also prepared a dancing and several songs that still remain in my heart :) We had a great time at Tugop Elementary School...I laughed with kids, we played and I hope they learned as much as I learned from them, even from the most restless and vivacious ones ;) We got all wet because of the raining but I didn't mind jeje, I always enjoyed the tropical weather ;) there are many things I remember ang give me great nostalgia; the jeepneys, balut, basketball in the afternoons... :) it was hard to say: "Good bye!"

Meshari
Hail

Amazing Experience

This is my first experience in volunteering.I can not explain how it was amazing. i really like philibino culture . Hospitable people and generous they competitive to provide help for every one need it . my volunteering was in two village first village called tabon-tabon 40 km away from tacloban city .I recommended to stay in same village because it is difficult every day go and back to the village. they have small clinic provide medical consultations and medical services for citizens I hope any one want to come bring with him medical aids like oxygen masks ,syringes...etc. Second village called new kawayan i did nutrition program for children .

Orlando

What no one tells you about the Philipines

When my brother and I decided to go to the Philipines as volunteers on the english teaching program I personally did not kow what to expect. All I knew from that country was what the T.V. says every day: insecurity problems, famus boxers, controversial politicians, poverty. So I was ready to immerce myself into less commodities that I'm used to and give the best of me to make my effort worth for all the students we were going to teach. What I encountered at my arrival was something totally different, beautiful ladscapes, a crowded but organized city and most important of all: nice and warm hearthed people.
This is what the T.V. never mentions. Pople in the Philipines will treat you not as tourists but as a brother, they will help you whenever you need it without hesitating; if you are staying with a filipino family, you have hit the jackpot because you will now be a member of the family.
At school the kids were so nice and so lovely, they relly enjoy having foreigners as teachers and they even make sure that one perceives their affection.
I will definitely go back again soon.

Jasmine
Kiel, Wisconsin

Life Changing Experience

This experience allowed me to push myself and my limits further than I could've imagined. Travelling alone was a scary concept to me initially but the support I had from friends and family as well as the organization made it much more comfortable. Working with the kids gave me a new perspective on life as I know it and really taught me to be grateful for all of the wonderful blessings I have in this life. This was a eye opening experience and one I would highly recommend.

I think the program was very well put together. However, going into it you must realize that there won't be someone to guide you or hold your hand and most times you have to be self directed. Others in the program aren't always there to help or guide you.

Volunteering Solutions started its operations in 2007 and has sent over 12500 volunteers abroad, and now has projects in more than 30 destinations across Asia, Latin America and Africa. Volunteering Solutions is dedicated to providing authentic, reasonably priced and meaningful volunteer programs around the world,