South Africa, as can be gathered from its name, is the country furthest to the south of the African continent. It is a vast country in terms of land area and has varying plateaus and climates from province to province. It is bounded on the south by 2,798 kilometers of coastline of southern Africa stretching along the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. South Africa is the 25th-largest country in the world by land area, and with close to 53 million people, is the world's 24th-most populous nation. Our primary target communities are around the Hout Bay area where we engage and empower youth in education and personal development activities, with the hope of improved future options and avoidance of negative behaviours such as substance use and joining gangs. We also support social enterprise to assist with employment and skill transfer to local community members, and also supporting conservation activities and the education of future generations on their wildlife heritage. We particularly work in
- Cape Town Child Care
- Cape Town Teaching & Youth Development
- Cape Town Support for People with Disabilities
- Cape Town Lalela Arts & Expression Program
- Cape Town Business Development & Product Design
- Cape Town Learn English & Volunteer
- Cape Town Wildlife Care & Community Education
View Program Information
* All meals.
* Orientation upon arrival.
* Transport on set arrival and departure days
* Full support and daily guidance from the project coordinator and assistant coordinator.
* Project equipment.