Live the life of an African wildlife vet, working hands-on with the continent's legendary wildlife species.
This unique experience gives you the chance to join the day-to-day activities of highly respected vets in one of South Africa’s most prolific areas for wildlife. Under their expert guidance, you’ll find yourself treating species you may have only read about or seen on television before – often in situations that are unpredictable and require you to think on your feet.
You could find yourself helping to capture and relocate wild animals, learning how vets use darts to treat dangerous animals, or assisting with disease prevention and pregnancy testing in the field.
Depending on your goals and interests, we’ll pair you with an individual or team of vets to give you the best possible exposure to the skills and experiences you’d like to gain.
- Gain hands-on veterinary experience in the field
- Learn new skills and techniques to progress your career
- Work alongside some of Africa’s most experienced wildlife vets
- Make a meaningful contribution to Africa’s wildlife
- Small group sizes (2-10 people)