Selati Horseback Safaris Riding for Rhinos

Selati Horseback Safaris Riding for Rhinos

Selati Horseback Safaris initiated the program called "Riding for Rhinos" where volunteers will be involved in tracking and monitoring the Wildlife populations on the reserve, including the African White Rhino. Riding on horseback ensures that game are less stressed and by doing this we are reducing the impact on the Natural Biodiversity.

Combining horse riding with Wildlife Conservation in the African bush gives this program a more diverse interaction with Wildlife.

The program also offers hands on experience with Wildlife where volunteers will have first class experience on how this is done in the African bush. It introduces them to Chemical Capture of Wildlife as well as a quick break down on the essentials to what it takes to be a Wildlife Veterinarian.

South Africa
Included in program cost:

-Transport to and from the airport.
-Three meals daily.
-Cold beverages.
-Free Wifi.
-2-3 days Wildlife Veterinary work per week.
-Horseback Safaris/Daily.
-Game Drives.

Costs Excluded:

-Alcoholic beverages.
-Excursions.(Kruger National Park, Elephant Back Safaris, Tame Hippo Interaction, Wildlife Rehabilitation Centres, Reptile Centres, Lion Interactions.)
-Personal gift shopping/souvenirs etc.

I just returned from a two week stay in this project. It was in one word AWESOME!!! I had so much fun with Jessica and Dewald and learned so much! I recommand it to anyone whoe wants handle real wildlife!

I have just come back from a two week adventure out working with Dewald and jessica. It was an absolutly amazing experience and would go back in an instant! I would encourage anyone, if they were thinking of going, to go! Its a once in a lifetime experience and you get to do lots of excursions whilst your there, along with getting very involved with the vet!

I would have taken a bigger camera!

Breathtaking experience!!

Getting up (very) early, but seeing the most beautiful sunrise every day :) Then helping out with the capture of wild antilopes which means physical work, injecting drugs, getting dirty, but lots of fun!
Highlights: elephant safari, horseback riding (during sunrise), perfect weather, to encounter animals I have never seen before - every day!, a very warm welcome and hospitality
Difficulties: communication (Afrikaans vs. German vs. English)

More communication between students and veterinarian.

Absolutely Amazing

Without a doubt this was two of the best weeks of my life! Amazing opportunity to experience the African bush, while experiencing Wildlife conservation in action. Excellent balance between work, relaxation and learning opportunities. The people, the place and everything about it was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in recommending this program!

Honestly, it was perfect.

Rhino Heaven

This trip was, hands down, the best trip of my life. I highly recommend it. Jess and Charl were amazing. There was a perfect balance of work and relaxation. I learned a lot and enjoyed every single day there. You would not regret going!

About Selati Horseback Safaris Equine and Wildlife Volunteer Program

Selati Horseback Safaris offers a unique experience! We combine conservation on horseback with a wildlife Conservation program. The course is designed to give students an in-depth insight to Wildlife Veterinary Medicine through hands on experience...