View Other Details
- Airport pickups and drop-off
- Accommodation (rent, water and electricity)
- Food (3 meals per day)
- General running cost of the projects.
Does NOT include:
- Medical/health services
- All types of insurances
- Relevant visas or permits
- Pocket money, free/leisure activities and other personal expenses.
Want to make your travel abroad meaningful? Join PDS, the most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization of Zanzibar.
You have 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months or more, come to PDS, explore the Island and contribute to a meaningful social cause at the same time for just $77/week.
Choose among different projects to help children and youth in the rural communities of Zanzibar:
- PDS School
- Small Scale Industries
- Language Classes
- Capacity Building Training
- Health, Environment and Gardening
- Art and Culture
*Bonus: Pick the tours of your choice (Safari Blue, Prison Island, Spice Tour...) and let's discover Zanzibar together! The tours with us help to develop our Language Classes project.
You will be accommodated in a village, 30 minutes from Stonetown (the capital). You will be accomodated in a house for volunteers, with like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
- Highly affordable fee of $77/week, including airport pick-up and drop-off, accommodation (rent, water and electricity), 3 meals/day
- Be part of a meaningful social cause and explore Zanzibar at the same time.
- Design your own volunteering program: duration and dates of your mission are flexible, and you can mix different projects.
- Design your own project and implement it with our local team in Zanzibar.
- Live with local people and experience their way of life.
- Create new jobs in Zanzibar.
- Develop the economy and social well-being of the poorest people and vulnerable people of Zanzibar.
- Share your knowledge and develop new skills in Zanzibar.
- Increase environmental awereness.
- Develop the creativity and leadership skills of the children to make them confident enough to embrace their future.
- Help to develop a Center for Skills Development in Zanzibar.
- Help to develop a Vocational Training Center in Zanzibar, through the Small Scale Industries Program.
- Increase tolerance for distinct cultures.