Want to make your travel abroad meaningful? Join PDS, the most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization of Zanzibar.
Choose among 5 programs to help children and youth in the rural communities of Zanzibar.
Bonus: Pick the tour of your choice (Safari Blue, Prison Island, Spice Tour...) and let's discover Zanzibar together!
You have 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months or more, come to PDS, explore the Island and contribute to a meaningful social cause at the same time for just $125/week.
You will be accommodated in a village, 30 minutes from Stonetown (the capital) and 5 minutes from the beach. You can even choose in which house you will live your volunteering experience:
- At PDS house with like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
- At local’s, in an authentic and typitypical house with friendly and open-hearted zanzibarite people.
If you are tired to choose between a volunteering experience and a touristic trip, PDS programs are made for you.
- Highly affordable fee of $125/week, including airport pick-up and drop-off, accommodation, food, welcome and goodbye program, 1 touristic tour).
- You will be part of a meaningful social cause and at the same time you will explore historical, natural and cultural sites of Zanzibar Island.
- You will get the opportunity to live with local people and experience their way of life.
- You can design your own volunteering experience: choose the place you live and choose the duration of your stay (from 2 weeks up to 6 months)
-Through volunteering exchange, the program has contributed to the economy and social well-being of the poorest people and vulnerable people
-Together with volunteers, we create a successful, sustainable garden using organic methods and more than 60 local people get practical knowledge in every month.
- We teach students and graduates from different collages and universities in Zanzibar on how to work (Practical knowledge)
-Through cultural exchange project, we encourage people from all walk of life to appreciate and understand distinct cultures and play a key role in creating productive dialogue across the world that promote peace and tolerance