• Tanzania

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Guesthouse Hostel Tent
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Senior Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

$540 USD
Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, breakfast and 24/7 support in Zanzibar.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Equipment Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare
Apr 06, 2021
Sep 01, 2021

Trusted by 113,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Zanzibar and 50+ destinations around the world.

Choose from two conservation projects in Zanzibar: Turtle Conservation and Rainforest & Coastal Conservation, with periods ranging from 1 to 12 weeks starting at just $540 for 1 week. Your fully-hosted, life-enriching program includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, breakfast and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated at a forest camp or beachside bungalow with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

Program Highlights

• IVHQ’s Zanzibar program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Wednesday of every month.
  • Fully hosted experience from only $540 for 1 week - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs.
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 113,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization.
  • You'll be supporting impact driven conservation programs run by locals within your host community.
  • Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence.

• 9-10 rating 33.33%
  • 7-8 rating 66.67%
Keith

Great experience

Volunteering with my wife at the aquarium in Zanzibar was a great experience. It was also very informative about sea turtle conservation and we left there learning more about sea turtles than we ever thought we would. The staff at the aquarium there was very friendly and always helpful. The World Unite staff was extremely helpful and very dedicated to their jobs. They were very willing to help from the time you landed on the island all the way until you left to go home. For anyone who volunteers in Zanzibar, make your voice heard because staff are willing to change things if it improves the program.

Response from World Unite!

Hi Keith,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always delighted to receive feedback from participants of our programs.

We are glad to read that you and your wife had a great experience volunteering at the Marine Turtle aquarium in Nungwi and that you learned a lot about turtles. As well as how the aquarium and World Unite! staff were helpful and supportive throughout your entire stay. We are happy to have made your stay in Zanzibar worthwhile.

We wish you all the best and Karibuni tena Zanzibar.

Elisabeth

Zanzibar

Had a good time, enjoyed meeting others and finding out about their travels. A beautiful place. Main problem was that it was the rainy season. Wish there weren't so many mosquitoes. It was my first time abroad travelling on my own. It was a bit frustrating not to have good wifi but I got used to it. Made some very good friends. The turtles were amazing but not that much work to do to help with them. It was good to help with local school children Enjoyed trips to Stone town, spice tour, snorkelling and seeing beautiful fish, the forest and monkeys.

It would be good to have some communal place for when it rains
Alejandra

IVHQ organization!

I can’t even explain to begin my experience! The best trip of my life! Had the greatest experience ever with IVHQ in Tanzania ! Gor to know the country, the staff was great, the people from Tanzania were lovely, the friends that I met during the volunteering were even more amazing that ended up traveling with them! Tanzania is my home thanks to IVHQ! Didn’t want to go back to my “home country”, would definitely be back! The people are so friendly and nice to you everywhere you go! If you haven’t decided, choose IVHQ

Do it ! Don’t thing about it ! This trip will change your life