Au Pair Tutor and Study Program in China

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from Aupairia.

Are you interested in China and its culture? Would you like to be a cultural ambassador? Aupairia provides you with the opportunity to experience life in China and learn Mandarin while living with a Chinese family as an au pair - mainly in Beijing, also in other cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen and Dalian.

We at Aupairia offer you a high-quality support system including orientation courses, round-trip airline tickets and au pair insurance. In addition, you will have weekly Mandarin lessons in a language school and a cultural activity every month.

With Aupairia Au Pair China program, you will:
1. Provide informal language tutoring and childcare to Chinese host kids
2. Study Mandarin in our lessons and live in the local community speaking Chinese in daily life
3. Immerse yourself in Chinese culture through our cultural activities, such as Chinese shadow play
4. Explore the world's oldest civilization and visit traditional sites such as the Great Wall

• We offer round-trip airline tickets
  • You will have Mandarin lessons every week, and a cultural activity every month
  • We provide you with orientation courses and high-quality support system
  • You can make friends with other au pairs and local people

• 9-10 rating 84.31%
  • 7-8 rating 15.69%
Georgia

Great opportunity

This was a great opportunity to learn about Beijing and Chinese culture, with lots of time for sightseeing and an immersive experience in a Chinese family. Socialising with other au pairs and meeting people from across the world was a particular highlight, as well as discovering amazing places in the city. I really liked the host family I was put with, they were extremely generous and kind towards me. I will really miss the kids when I go home, as well as all of the friends I made here, it's a shame we don't all live in the same place all the time! The Mandarin lessons were also fun, taught me what I needed to get by, and I met friends in these classes as well which was a plus. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to experience something new.

Make the most of all your free time, sightseeing and meeting new people.
Stefanie

Stefanie's Experience

Experiencing this cultural program with Aupairia has been amazing! The support that was provided by the team and my host family has been incredible. My host family was great to me and they really made my time in Beijing better than I thought it would have been. I loved interacting with locals and being able to practice my Mandarin was great. The people that you meet along the way is interesting and its something you wouldn't experience anywhere else. I also loved being able to share my culture, teaching the kids and watching them grow from the time I had met them. Aupairia enables you to not only travel abroad, but also learn aIong the way. I definitely encourage anyone that is wanting to experience a new country and culture to take on this opportunity!

My advice is to step outside your comfort zone and do everything and anything that comes your way. You only live once so enjoy what you can!
Roxane

YOUHOU let's go to CHINAAAA

I arrived in China 3 months ago without knowing anything about this country. I met a lot of incredible people very open minded, learned a lot about Chinese culture and the language, went out a lot and experienced Beijing nightlife almost every weeks, taught english and became best friend with a 5years-old kid. When I arrived I found a lot of things very strange but now I think I can't live without eating shrimps and rice for breakfast, taking my shoes off every time I come into a house, paying with wechat and dancing like Chinese people. I am also very happy that I experienced summer and autumn in Beijing. I will remember this experience for the rest of my life and would recommend it to every open minded people. and to finish this review, I would like to say woyaiobaojiale

What was your funniest moment?
I was playing with my 5years old child OLI and his mum offered us cakes that look like bears. OLI only ate the mouth of the bear and said he was not going to eat the cake because the bear is so cute. I told him that now he ate the mouth the bear was not allowed to talk anymore anyway. He stared at me and said in a very calm way 'No Roxane, the bear can not talk because it is a cake..............'
marco

Au Pair in Beijing Review

I really loved this experience, they offered support through the whole experience and talking to aupairs from other companies they look the most reliable au pair company in Beijing.
I had the chance to live with a chinese family teaching english to their children, is both tiring and rewarding but is also a good opportunity to challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone.
I had the chance to visit many places in beijing and go to the great wall many times too, then since they provide you a monthly allowance, the flight and the chinese school, the whole experience is effordable for everyone.
I think that is the best way to get to know china for the first time, in terms of learning chinese it is better if your level is not basic cause you really improve the listening ability a lot if you already know some chinese.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
sometimes the children had been really annoying but auparia supported me
Jo

Awesome experience!

This was a great experience. I have been planning to go to Beijing for a very long time in order to improve my Chinese speaking skills. 3 months was definitely sufficient for me, I was able to learn more about Chinese culture as well as the language. I grew a close connection to my host family, so much that I will definitely be back to visit them!

My host family was so lovely and their expectation of me were very clear. It helps to have some previous knowledge of the Chinese language otherwise communication can be difficult.
Aupairia was a great company to help me settle in to China, with setting up bank cards, sim cards, Wechat etc. The culture classes they held were good fun to catch up with the other aupairs whilst learning about Chinese culture.
I was prepared to explore Beijing during the day with the expectation of teaching the kids English in the evenings, which aspiring Aupairs should be prepared for. Otherwise this program is not for you.
This program allowed me to meet so many new people, learn so much about the Chinese culture and language and explore Beijing as a local.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Probably sea cucumber. Or chicken feet. I was surprised with different foods in China everyday.
Rosaria

Enriching Experience in China

My experience in China was very enriching. It was my first time in China and in Asia as in general. Before coming to China I had a very different idea about the country and the culture, my main fear was to not be able to adapt, but now, at the end I feel like it was an irrational fear because I did not only adapt easily to the culture but I also felt very welcome in this amazing country. I feel like I'm leaving the country as a different person who improved many skills and got to develop new ones. If you're into learning improving your chinese this is a perfect opportunity since you won't easily find english speakers in China, everyday is a challenge, but don't get worried because the language barrier won't affect your fun or the experience, you'll always find a way to communicate even without your phone and translation apps!

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moments as a foreign in China are always when you're in touristic places and people ask you to take photos with them, you feel like a celebrity!Once a man even asked to draw me and I had to stand for like an hour for him to finish the sketch !haha
Andrea

Great way to experience Chinese Culture first-hand

I have joined the programme because I wanted to learn more about China in person. Despite learning about China in university, I wanted to be here and learn from the people what makes China so special. Needless to say, my expectations have been exceeded by far. The people from Aupairia offered great support every step of the way and supported me with any issue I had. All the families they match you with are hospitable and well selected, so there's nothing to fear.

Before you join the programme, it may be useful to learn about China a bit, just to make sure you don't experience cultural shock. Also, be ready because Beijing is massive and nothing can prepare you fro the sheer scale of the city. Aside from this, get ready for an awesome adventure!!!

I think more frequent mandarin classes should be offered.
VICTORIA

A Mexican Girl in China

I would like to share about China and my experience with Auparia, you really have to come and experience everything it is such an amazing COUNTRY!! My host family was very very nice with me, they have 2 kids, OMG! the most cute children in China and also they are the most intelligent kids I've ever knew, I used to teach them Spanish and help them with English. The food is delicious, the people are really nice and there are a lot of amazing places to visit. And about learning Chinese it is really interesting, but you have to review everyday, I used to go the University twice a week but I think that is not enough, I really would like to change that part of the program, anyway I think if you are planning to come to China, Auparia is the best option, dont be afraid It will change your life forever.

What was your funniest moment?
When I lost my subway card and Ive got no more battery on my phone, so I was trying to ask in chinese how to get home, it was pretty hard.