Cultural Ambassador Gap Program in China

Discover the world and experience Chinese cultured on a budget!

What you'll do:
Work 25-35 hours a week with a host family
Help the children with English through play, homework or outdoor excursions

Benefits:
Free Mandarin language courses
Flight allowance
Amazing local partner agency in China to help you throughout your stay
Various cultural immersion activities through the agency (ex. calligraphy, dumpling making etc.)
Easy to meet other cultural ambassadors and au pairs
Basic health insurance
Visa invitation and extension
Monthly allowance of 1500RMB

Can I apply? Yes! If you are:
A native English speaker
Interested in other cultures
18-30 preferably
Have a clean background check
In good health

• Free language courses
  • Airfare, accommodations and food
  • Immersion experience with host family
  • Cultural excursions through partner company in China
  • Local support system

Lydia

Cutural Ambassador in China

Being an Au Pair in China was surreal. I still can't believe I was there. I used to pinch myself sometimes, just to check if It was all a dream. My host child and I became sisters. I felt like we were twins sometimes. She's one of the cutest, and smartest child I ever met. My host family was very kind and down to earth. I miss them so much. This experience allowed me to be more independent and fearless. I've met amazing people and made lifetime friendships along the way. China became a part of me. It was like a dream come true. Please take me back. I had the time of my life in China. I always had a passion for traveling, but never had the opportunity to do so until now. I'm forever grateful to Scotia Personal for an unforgettable experience. Thank you for your support, for being understanding and patient Marilyn and Richelle. I recommend Scotia Personal to everyone!

Jenna

3-Months in China

I first met Marilyn in 2011 in my last year at Algonquin College. I signed up to do a 1-year position with them working in a hotel in England. I had an amazing time at the hotel, and Scotia Personnel was incredibly helpful finding me such a great position.
After I finished my year, I went back to Canada and returned to University. After I graduated, I spoke with Richelle, an amazing member of the Scotia Personnel team, on programs that I could do during a 3-month break before I started my Masters program in Australia. She recommended the China program to me, as it provides a pocket-allowance, flight assistance, Mandarin classes and accommodations.
The family I was matched with was great. The mother and father both spoke English very well, and had two children who celebrated their 10th and 2nd birthday's while I was with the family. The work was easy, entertaining and we had a lot of fun together. The family took me on small trips, I taught the kids to make ginger cookies, and the 2-year old son and I practiced speaking Chinese together after my lessons every week!

About Scotia Personnel

One of Canada's top gap year organizations. With 31 years of experience, we partner with some of the world's best to offer amazing programs across Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania. Tutor, Teach, Camp Counselor, Au Pair, Culinary, Hospitality...