Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

students-during-intensive-class
students-during-intensive-class
teachers-during-intensive-class
teachers-during-intensive-class

The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.

Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

The increasing importance of HSK has been the reason to design our Express 30 course. It is undoubtedly the fastest way to pass your HSK exams with good results. In this course we stretch the student’s language skills to the fullest. The class size is with 4 students small.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture.
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual.
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule.
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam.
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam.

Chinese Summer Camp in Shanghai - Early Bird Discount

This program is ideal for parents who want to give their child a head start at becoming a global citizen by learning Mandarin in China!

We will teach students our innovative Slow Motion Technique, a popular method at our school, which teaches Mandarin with just one rule instead of dozens.

• Instruction 9.8
Calum

Silk Mandarin

The school is really efficient which allows you to progress at fast pace. Personally, I'm not looking to complete HSK 5 in 6 months, but I found that actually you can your own study pace. I've completed HSK 2 and 3 here within a few months and although this may sound fast; if you're practising everyday and immerse yourself, it's more than possible.

The school provides a friendly environment where you can butcher the language, thus ensuring your progress. I found the courses are expensive, but if you're motivated and dedicated, you really can make some serious progress here. It's no joke. However, after speaking to them I found they were reasonable in setting up an achievable payment plan, instead of slinging down wads of cash.

Almost finished HSK 3, and I am planning to start HSK 4 next month, after some intense review.

Allow time for review, and implement a speaking test.
Jackson

Silk: passion and experience

Silk was recommended to me by a friend, who was recommended by a friend and who was ALSO recommended by a friend, and I in turn have recommended it to even more friends! Silk combines passion from the teachers with their extensive expertise and drive to not only get you to where you want to be, but to really uncover what it is you want to get out of mandarin. The conversations I have had with my teacher Marsha have been fantastic. She's picked up on my hobbies and interests and integrated vocabulary related to them seamlessly into conversation, making it feel like I'm not working hard to learn. However, my results and speed of learning is definitely a testament to their teaching ability. They're not afraid to slow or speed things up as needed for you. In short, you will find a highly customisable course with teachers who will not be overbearing but who will inspire you to learn yourself.

Shaly

My Path to Chinese language

After much consideration I choose Silk Mandarin because I could plan my course according to my comfort (I have two children under 5).... I am absolutely happy with the first course (HSK 1) which I just finished and immediately enrolled for HSK 2...And even got my Husband to join. I am sooo proud I can already speak little bit, and even read which I never thought I will manage to learn.. it is sooo liberating to slowly untangle our life here in Shanghai with the power of local language. Looking forward for the new course.. from the last course with Silk Mandarin, I’m fully confident to have a good time while moving forward in my journey of learning Chinese Language. I am and will always recommend Silk Mandarin school to everyone who wants to learn Mandarin.

Aleksandra

Review - Hanna Laoshi

Hanna laoshi is great specialist and person open for the world and discussion. Therefore, studying with her is not only the just the process of language skills improving, but process of open if Chinese culture and Chinese features. Also Hanna laoshi is the best teacher for one-one classes as she really cares about the students and their interests and ready to review study plan and make it as practical for the student as it can be. With all this she is kindhearted, positive and responsible person. I remember as she caught a cold and still came to the class room. Besides she really into the job she is doing, if you will lucky and become her student you will get know that she always trying to improve herself as a teacher attending some courses.

It will be better if teachers can meet with students out of school as sometimes I don’t have enough time to attend the classes due to the fact that I need to spend time to cane to the school.
eric

Give it a try!

I have been in China for over five years, and for more than five years, I have attempted to learn Mandarin. During my time in Shanghai, I have tried countless tutors to apps and other language centers. I had all but given up hope that I would find an approach that worked for me, then a friend referred me to Silk mandarin.

For me, What sets Silk apart from a sea of money-hungry Chinese language training centers is their passion. From the moment you step through the door, you will be by a wave of warmth, caring, and sincerity. Before joining Silk, I had become burnt out and demotivated from my previous experience at my last Chinese language school. So many of the other programs in Shanghai advertise high tech resources and unrealistic results; this is not the case at Silk. I also found that the course consultants at other centers only care if you make it to the class, not about your actual goals. The point that makes Silk Mandarin tower above the rest is their genuine care. My course consultant Lina has taken such good care of me from the word go. I will be the first to admit; I am not an easy customer to please. Coming from a high stakes sales background, I am never shy when it comes to pushing for what I want or deserve. With Lina, the whole process was clear, consistent, and straightforward. She went above and beyond to make sure that I was satisfied with every aspect of my investment.

Another point that stood out to me about Silk was their teacher and staff retention. The majority of their team has worked in the center for over two years. Having worked in management for an English training center, I can speak firsthand to the difference that retaining teachers and staff makes to the learner experience. No matter the language or the business, you can always tell the quality of the product and the culture based on their ability to maintain their staff and their customer base.

They say that a great team starts with a great leader and I couldn’t agree more! The center director Liwen is a shining example of a leader who cares deeply for her team and her students. After speaking with her in detail about my goals and ambitions, We made a personalized study plan to ensure that I reached my full potential. She also took a personal interest in me as a student to ensure that I was matched with the correct teacher to ensure a cohesive learning experience. Her work ethic shines through in her staff and study material. I could not be happier with my decision to join Silk Mandarin and am excited to see the progress I can make!

T

Yes to Silk Mandarin

I can happily recommend studying Mandarin at Silk Mandarin school in Shanghai.
I am currently preparing to take the HSK 6 exam. I have a deadline for passing the HSK 6 exam. Before deciding on a Mandarin school, I contacted several different Mandarin schools, met with their HSK 6 teachers and even attended several trial classes. I chose Silk Mandarin. Silk Mandarin's professionalism was the thing that won me over. They quickly matched me with an actual professional teacher (not someone who does Chinese lessons on the side of their real job) that suits my level, who is able to personalize the curriculum and teaching style for me. It is great to attend classes that are student centered instead of the usual teacher centered classes like I have attended over the years I have lived in Shanghai. In the campus the atmosphere is light and happy, the staff are friendly, approachable and ready to help.
I look forward to my classes and would like to say a big thank you to my teacher Liwen老师 and the Silk Mandarin team.

Gabriel Alexander

非常好的汉语学校!

My 2 months doing the intensive HSK 3 class at Silk Mandarin has finally come to an end! I can say that the school has truly helped me to improve my mandarin level by quite a bit! I remember my progress over the weeks, with my 听力 and 语法 improving bit by bit. I was initially unable to grasp what most people said, especially within a contextual environment. But with my very patient teachers: Yanqin, David, Gemini and Jessica , my level has improved. For this, I am really satisfied with the quality of teaching that I have received over here. Most other classmates are also really motivated to learn and I was lucky to meet some great friends here at SM! I’d highly recommend their teaching and if you really do have the time, try investing a longer period of time here. Some students who have spent 7 months (starting from scratch) at this school, are already speaking fluently. The prolonged period in China, and at SM, has been one of the best Mandarin teaching I’ve ever received. 加油!

Some tips for newcomers: If you’re new here in China, register at a police station as soon as you arrive! (Especially if you’re staying at an airbnb)

Doing presentations are a great way to “force” learning. On my final day, I presented my 2 month travels to the school. The act of doing it really left me wishing I would have had more time to practice my speaking skills, as I had so much more I wanted to talk about (that I couldn’t articulate as much as I wanted to). Of course being nervous is normal, but if you have the courage to do a presentation earlier, you’ll find out how much more beneficial it will be for your (speaking level) 口语水平。
Michael

Great location and great teachers

I improved from HSK 3 to 4 within 3 months (part time 9 hours a week) and had an amazing time doing it! Highly recommend Silk for the teachers and friendly atmosphere. They care for their students and value your education - not to mention everyone at Silk is super nice too. I was taught by Masae who is one the best teachers I've ever had. Every lesson was fun, engaging and productive in improving my Chinese and understanding of Chinese culture that is hard to learn from anyone other than someone who is born and raised in the culture. The atmosphere of Silk and my teacher made learning Chinese a joy which definitely helped me improve quickly.

Silk Shanghai is also in Jing An which is very central and likely won't be more than an hour away from most of Shanghai.

It is on the slightly pricier side but you get what you pay for!
Xizhi

Professional education system, and Great teacher ever!

I have been learning Chinese for about 3 months and would like to continue more.

Here are my two reasons why Silk Mandarine is worthy.
First of all is they know how to care for students. I registered classes through Silvia, she has organized and proposed the fittest class for me considering my Chinese level and time schedule. It’s easier to focus on studying itself because there is a manager who is in charge of each student.
I feel very cared for and can say it’s because Silk Mandarin has much experience and know-how to manage students and classes in a very professional way.

The second reason and the biggest reason why I learn here is because of Teacher, Liwen.
This is my first Chinese learning experience, but comparing to any other language schools I have experienced so far, Liwen is a very professional and skillful educator.
From the storytelling of the character to the slow-motion technique, she teaches logically and interestingly to ‘understand’ Chinese itself.
If you have any experience learning something, u will definitely think this person is born to be teaching something very well. She always motivates me with her bright energy, and I can feel she is enjoying teaching. Her Chinese class is very helpful, professional, practical, and fun.

Aside from that, u can also experience the Chinese culture, and meet new people through some activities.

Silk Mandarin has a professional Chinese education system, if you wanna learn it more seriously and intensively, it’s the best choice!

저는 굉장히 만족스럽게 다니고 있으며, 앞으로도 이 곳에서 수업을 들을 의향이 있는데요.
첫째는 학생을 최우선으로 케어한다는 느낌입니다.
실비아를 통해 처음 학원에 등록하게 되었고, 그때부터 지금까지
저의 중국어 레벨, 스케쥴 등을 조정하고 공유해가면서 저에게 가장 맞는 수업을 제안합니다.
저를 담당하는 수업매니저가 따로 있기 때문에, 수업 이외에 저의 스케쥴이나 방향 등을 언제나 마음놓고 케어받는 느낌이 있어, 뭐랄까 고급중국어학원을 다니고 있는 느낌이 듭니다. ㅎㅎ 그만큼, 전문적으로 학생과 수업을 관리하는 경험과 노하우가 있다는 것이겠지요.

둘째는 제가 학원에 다니는 가장 큰 이유인 리웬 선생님입니다.
중국어 학원은 처음다녀봤지만, 현재까지 다녀온 다른 랭귀지 스쿨과 비교하였을 때 리웬 선생님은 매우 전문적으로 학생을 지도하는 분이라고 생각합니다.
처음 한자의 생김새부터 Slow Motion Technique까지, 중국어를 ‘이해’할 수 있게 논리적으로 그리고 재미있게 가르쳐주시고,
제게 언제나 기분 좋은 동기부여와 에너지를 주십니다.
전문적이면서도 성격이 매우 좋으셔서 매순간 수업이 재미있습니다!
제가 경험한 바로는, 리웬은 중국어를 ‘가르치는 것’에 타고나신 분인 것 같습니다.
어떤 학원을 가도, 아, 이 선생님은 정말 잘 가르친다! 하는 분들을 종종 만날 수가 있는데요, 리웬 선생님도 그런 분이라고 할 수 있습니다.
그만큼 가르치는 일을 정말 좋아하시는 것을 느낄 수 있습니다.
그렇기 때문에, 리웬과 함께하는 중국어 수업은 언제나 활기있고, 유용하며, 재밌습니다.

이 이외에도 종종 있는 외부 액티비티를 통해 친구들 또한 만날 수 있고, 중국 문화를 경험할 수 있어서 좋았습니다.

제가 느낀 바로는 실크 만다린은 액티비티 중심의 흥미 위주의 중국어가 아닌
전문적으로 중국어 교육 시스템과 조금은 더 진지하고, 밀도 있고, 에너지 있게 중국어를 배울 수 있는 학원이라고 생각해요. 추천쓰~

Cassiopée

Discover a new way of learning !

I am strongly recommending Silk Mandarin for your Chinese.
When I arrived to Shanghai, people told me that reaching a very good level of Chinese required full-time learning. However, after trying several private teachers, I arrived at Silk. Within 10 months, I reached a strong HSK3 level while studying full-time at the university and keeps aiming for more!
The classes are not more than 6 students, all of them with the same motivation, really helps you to build confidence and to help each other to improve even more.
I had HSK1 and HSK2 classes with Christina. She aims the best for you, giving you challenging homework but she's adapting to your pace and you get to improve so quickly! Then I switched to HSK3 classes with Jessica. Jessica is the best to teach you the logic of characters, once she explained you one word you know it for good.
Furthermore, the atmosphere you find at Silk is so friendly that you feel you discovered a new family, and that's something no other school in Shanghai has!

Alesia

Best Mandarin School in Shanghai !

I have been living in China for six years and took classes in different Mandarin schools. I usually changed one school per year what didn't help to make much progress. It's my third year at Silk Mandarin , I joined when I was at HSK4 book, now I am learning HSK6 book.
The best thing at school are people. I guess this school has best teachers in Shanghai who become your friends with time. I am lucky to have Jasmine as my teacher for three years, I guess just thanks to her easy-going and funny way of teaching I managed to pass HSK5 and striving to learn HSK6. This school feels like my second home after these years. They have many other activities like Christmas party or weekend trips , what can help you to make new friends too.
Silk Mandarin is in the center of Shanghai at Jing'an temple station ( and I still remember two previous locations) and has all the facilities you need : equipped classrooms, TVs , and even a computer with VPN.
I can recommend this school to anyone who thinks about learning Chinese, wants to make new friends and learn about Chinese culture. I will definitely get back to classes after my summer vacation.

Marine

Highly recommend

I have been learning Chinese for a long time but I always have found that my level was stagnating. I was lacking methodology and grammatical knowledge and was not implicated enough. This was until I came to Silk Mandarin where I have made huge progress in only a few months. I love their ways of teaching and their ability to make chinese interesting. Whenever we discover a new character, my teacher often tells me a story about where it comes from and why it looks the way it looks. It has made the whole learning process a lot more fun. Living in China, I am also able to apply what I am learning to my everyday life, which is a great way to learn too. I have a private teacher and the lessons can be quite expensive. I however think that they are worth the money!

Barny

Friendly staff and quality teaching; great for quickly improving Chinese

My experience of Silk Mandarin has thus far been a very positive one. All of the staff there are extremely friendly and helpful in a way that is sincere. This friendliness is coupled with a modern and bright facility in the heart of Jing’an making for a brilliant atmosphere, perfect for taking on the challenge of learning Mandarin.

I take one on one classes with a friendly, patient, fun and thorough teacher. I have had around 5 lessons (approx 2 hours each time ) and am more than pleased with the results so far. Silk Mandarin seem to have a simple but effective formula for helping foreigners such as myself improve their Chinese (and quickly so). Such is clearly demonstrated by the progress I have made with my pronunciation , ability to read characters and improved knowledge of correct grammar and sentence structure. Each week there is plenty of reviewing and homework to complete before the next class which I find gives structure and direction to my everyday learning. What is more my teacher is always willing to answer questions and provide extra help via WeChat.

Considering the price I am paying and the quality of the teaching I think it is great value for money. Before arriving in China I took lessons in England which covered far less and cost more.

So a big thumbs up for Silk Mandarin. I would highly recommend it for anyone keen to learn Mandarin or improve on what they already have ! :)

Laurene

The way to improve your level quickly!

I would like to thank Silk Mandarin a lot!! In 3 weeks, with the « Intensive courses » option, I have validated my HSK 2.
I will start the HSK 3 this Monday, and I am really happy to pursue these courses here!
I really have the feeling my level has improved quickly during this time because I came the first day with an only dim memory of my HSK 1 and I did not know anything about the «Hanzi» things (Chinese characters).

Today, I am able to:
- Have a discussion in Chinese and structure my sentences.
- Write some texts with the characters.
- Read and understand not only pinyin but especially many characters.
I have taken these courses during the morning while I was working in a company in the afternoon (so if you have free time in the afternoon, you could even more improve your level !)
The premises are very nice and the large windows light up the rooms, with a magnificent view of Shanghai.
I deeply appreciate this warm and friendly atmosphere at Silk Mandarin! People are all amazing!
Within this program, we are very few students in the classrooms (we were 3 in my class), which allows us to quickly improve our level!
Finally, I would like to give a big thank to my professor Andy, for her patience and the perfect way she teaches, I would never be at this level without her.
谢谢🙏🏼

J’aimerais remercier infiniment Silk Mandarin pour ce qu’ils ont pu m’apporter.
En 3 semaines avec l’option « Cours Intensif » j’ai pu valider mon HSK 2 !
Je commence dès lundi le HSK 3.
J’ai réellement sentie une énorme progression durant cette période de temps, je suis arrivée sans connaître 1 seul caractère et en ayant de vague souvenirs du HSK 1, aujourd’hui je peux désormais:
- Tenir une conversion et bien savoir m’exprimer.
- Écrire des textes avec les caractères « Hanzi » à l’aide du pinyin (ex: nǐ hǎo -> 你好)
- Savoir lire et comprendre des textes non seulement en pinyin, mais surtout avec les caractères.

J’ai pris les cours le matin et je travaillais dans une entreprise l’après-midi.
Les locaux sont très agréables et les salles de classes illuminées avec une vue imprenable sur Shanghai.
J’apprécie sincèrement cette ambiance familiale et chaleureuse au sein de Silk Mandarin, et de pouvoir échanger avec d’autres étudiants (de tout niveaux et tout âges) pendant la pause est très agréable.
Les classes sont constituées de peu d’étudiants, dans la mienne nous étions 3, c’est un réel avantage puisqu’on progressive plus rapidement !
Je voudrais finalement remercier ma prof Andy, pour sa patience et son excellente manière d’enseigner, sans qui, je n’aurais pu atteindre ce niveau.
谢谢🙏🏼

我很高兴能在 Silk Mandarin 学习中文课程,如果你想快速提高你的水平,我绝对推荐这个地方!

Andrew

Would highly recommend Silk Mandarin

Over 6 months I attended the HSK4 group class at Silk Mandarin.
Before the course began, the school were very accommodating with my tight schedule and ensuring that I was at the right level to start the course. My level was somewhere between HSK2 and 3 before the course started and the school gave me some make up lessons to cover the parts of HSK3 that I didn't know.
The teachers in Silk Mandarin are all excellent, with their own individual teaching styles. My teacher for the group class was great at making sure that everyone spoke equal amounts and she was very good at dealing with the students' different levels of Chinese (although we were all quite similar).
The teachers are all very helpful, supportive and always made the classes interesting and fun. The school has a nice atmosphere, where everyone is very friendly. It wasn't always easy to go to class after working all day but once I was in class, the time flew by and I was always glad that I went.
The group class had a maximum of 6 people, although it worked best when there were around 3 people in a class. Regardless of how many students attended a class, there were plenty of opportunities to speak.
If I was not about to leave China, then I would definitely continue to have classes with Silk Mandarin. My Chinese has significantly improved since I joined the school and I am sad to be leaving them.
I would highly recommend if you are serious about improving your Chinese.

Take the classes seriously and ensure that you keep up with new vocabulary and grammar, otherwise it may slow down the class for everyone.
Be sure to participate as much as possible and don't be nervous.