Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

Intensive 30 & Intensive 20
The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.
Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

Express 30
The increasing importance of HSK has been the reason to design our Express 30 course. It is undoubtedly the fastest way to pass your HSK exams with good results. In this course we stretch the student’s language skills to the fullest. The class size is with 4 students small.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam

• Instruction 9.7
Johanne

Great Chinese language school:)

I have been with Silk Mandarin for over two years now and can highly recommend it to anyone who wish to develop their Chinese skills while having a full time job! I do the part-time course, which means I have classes twice a week in the evening after work, which is perfect. No matter how busy a day I have had I am always looking forward to go to classes. One of the reasons for this is definitely because of the warmly atmosphere of the school, which allow you to get a great relationship with both the teachers and your fellow classmates. I have also taken a semester at university studying Chinese, but find Silk Mandarin school a much more personal, flexible and professional place to study.

Jonas

Memorable Experience at Silk Mandarin

A friend of mine, who studied at Silk Mandarin before, highly recommended me this school when I told her that I want to learn madarin. I got in touch with Amy who promptly replied to my inquiry and helped me so well with finding the right course and accommodation. Furthermore, she helped me a lot with a VISA issue I had and smoothly coordinated the airport pick up in Shanghai.
When I arrived at the school (which is located on the 6th floor of a top modern skyscraper) l was warmly welcomed by everyone and amazed by the very clean and well equipped school.
I had 80 hours of 1 ON 1 private lessons with Andy who is honestly the best language teacher I've ever had (I've studied 4 languages before). With her you can laugh and learn a lot at the same time. Especially when you have difficulties to learn the Chinese characters, she can always make up a story how to remember them.
In general, everyone at the school encourages you all the time to speak mandarin as much as possible. There are even talking corners during the week where teachers and students meet to practice their speaking, and this all for free! Every Friday there is a freetime activity where the school organizes something such as pottery class, mahjong or a chinese food tasing.

I want to thank the whole Silk Mandarin Team for such an unforgettable time I had with you. I will recommend you to anyone out there who wants to learn Mandarin in a fun and very efficient way.

Doug

Great experience!

My one on one classes at Silk Mandarin have helped my Chinese significantly. I like that they tailor the classes to my needs. I've never learned well from following a text book, but they had all sorts of other materials and techniques to help me learn in ways that work better for me.

The fun and friendly atmosphere makes learning easy, and the flexible schedule allows me to keep up my studies even while I’m working full time.

Apryl

Awesome!

I am so lucky to have found this Chinese school! I was able to select practically whenever I wanted to have my class online, and the material was very interesting and practical. My teacher was patient and knowledgeable and even introduced me to a lot of useful resources for self study. I would recommend anybody with an interest in learning more about China or Chinese culture to start today!
While I was traveling in China I was unfortunately not able to make it to Shanghai but my teacher still took the time to help me by text whenever I had a question. Above and beyond!

Jean Denis

Professional, friendly and motivating courses!

I have started learning chinese just over a year ago with Silk Mandarin. The learning curve of chinese can be very difficult and is full of ups and down but I have the chance to have a very understanding teacher that knows very well how to motivate and make me understand the intricacy of Chinese language. I am not the best student (far from it) as my job is really demanding and I have little time to spend on homework but Lexie has got enough patience with me to keep me on the right track and motivated. Without her I will have more than likely dropped out by now. The learning technique with the flashcards is great and very helpful to review your vocabulary on a daily basis. I know that I don't go as fast as the program demands it but I got at my speed and that is what is important to me and Lexie appreciate that and follow my pace. Learning chinese language enough so that I can be autonomous in everyday life is what I am aiming for and Lexie will certainly manage to get me there, with great difficulty, I admit, but I hope she will not lose faith in me as I will not lose faith in her ability to push me to achieve my goal. Thank you Lexie for all the patience you have, the motivation you give throughout your teaching. As I reward to you: I only hope that one day we can have a full conversation in your native language ! 谢谢

N/A
Pietro

A great 汉语 experience

I have attended class for three weeks before beginning an internship in Shanghai, The course was really interesting, never boring and the teachers were nice.

I personally think that my Chinese is going to be more powerful and perfect for the daily Life....

They also help me in finding an accommodation and they introduce me to Shanghai more popoular places, while helping me with Visa problems

ana

Amazing school!!!

I have studied in 2 other mandarim schools (one being in Shanghai as well) and Silk Mandarim is by far the best!!! they offer the best classes, very fun and dinamic, great teachers plus the super friendly staff!! they truly make you feel at home!! I once asked for the students to have more contact with the chinese culture, and now, eveyr friday we have culture classes, and they are awesome!!! you can feel that they really care about the students and making them learn as fast as possible! I can already feel the difference in my mandarim even with just a few classes!!! I would 100% recommend to everyone!!

nothing! is already perfect|
Julie

My Silk Mandarin experience

I had been starting Chinese multiple times before entering this school. It was always in universities so in big classes, it was always the same things that we learnt, it was slow, we didn’t have any books or workbooks to practice, it was repetitive because no one remembered the previous class and it felt like I wasn’t making any progress.

When I started the classes at Silk mandarin, my level was evaluated at half HSK1, my teacher understood my strengths and weaknesses, each class was prepared, we followed part of the books and I exercised on the workbooks after class. Thanks to this, we managed to moved quickly to a superior level. I started the courses of HSK1 at the beginning of March and now, in July we are starting HSK3: I definitely feel like I’ve made some progress. Every teacher is certified and you can hear the right prononciation from them as you learn. Although my schedule is very busy, my teacher and i took the time to find hours that could work for the both of us and I currently have two classes per week. Learning Chinese is challenging but learning that way makes it easier and you will reach your goal faster.
Everyone in the school is very nice, if you have any type of question they will always offer to help you. The school organizes trips as well as Chinese corners where you can practice with other students from every level. Also, if you want to get an HSK certification, the school offers to sign you up.

Karolina

Silk Mandarin changed my life!

It's been a one year since I started my adventure with Silk Mandarin School. One year was enough to convince me that I am able to communicate with Chinese people. Silk Mandarin gave me a step by step guidance on how to read, write and the most important, how to speak this beautiful but complicated language. My biggest win from Silk Mandarin School is the confidence that everything is possible only if you work hard. Teachers there are full of energy, creative ideas and faith in your skills! My parents are proud of me, my friends are proud of me, but most of all, I am proud of myself for never giving up and making the right choices, no matter how bad it got. Silk Mandarin truly changed my life and the way I understand China and their language.

Felix

Chinese can be fun, just do it in slow motion!

Silk Mandarin was recommended to me by a good friend last year when I had just started my then three months stay in Shanghai. As I had already acquired some Chinese basics before at my university in Germany, I had at many occasions been told that studying this language first and foremost consists of meticulously and consitently reviewing Chinese characters and that, most of the time, it requires a large portion of motivation to not give up too early. And that was exactly what my univserity course was like: outdated teaching and learning methods not really encouraging the students to actually enjoy the whole learning process.
However, my opinion on this radically changed when I started my first class at Silk Mandarin last year! Among the countless things that fundamentaly differ from my previous Chinese experiences, it is probably their practical, daily life oriented approach combined with the unique slow motion technique that amazes me the most. It is just unbelievable who fast I could see first progresses in my language skills. And also, the entire staff is so motivating that even in times of despair and discouragement they somehow manage to put you back on your feet and gain new energy for the challenges ahead.
I have at no point regreted my decision studying Chinese at SIlk Mandarin and can wholeheartedly recommend the school to anyone coming to Shanghai to study this beautiful language!!!

Jordane

My Testimonial

After living in Shanghai for some months, I needed to have basic Mandarin skills. I tried online and in-person classes. They helped me, but I realized I needed more.
At Silk Mandarin,the online and in-person classes options are available. Moreover the flexibility of the schedules and the Slow Motion Technique give me that little extra. At Silk Mandarin, all staff members go all the way to create a proactive atmosphere where you always learn and practice new words. It is very professional and very informal at the same time. More like a language hotel. If there was ever such an establishment. At Silk Mandarin,it is truly more than just talking. It is fully communicating.

I would suggest that the '' Talking Corner'' Activities be made free.
Mathias

great school that innovates in learning methods

I have been living in China for the last 2 years and studying on and off. A friend of mine recommended Silk Mandarin and I have been studying here for the last 6 months. I only study 2 times 3 hours per week, but I have been able to improve rapidly with Silk Mandarin’s study methods. Unlike other Chinese schools, Silk Mandarin tries develops new techniques with their students together in order to speed up their learning. One such technique is the slow motion method: check their website for a more detailed explanation! Atmosphere in the school is also very good and staff works hard!

Housing! There is no housing yet but they are working on it, should be less than 6 months
Daniel

Good teachers, innovative classes, good atmosphere --> excellent school!

I have been living in China for the last four years and have tried all types of Mandarin schools and university programs. Two years ago I found Silk Mandarin and this is the only place where I have been studying Chinese ever since. Silk Mandarin's program is developed by foreigners and Chinese teachers together, which makes their learning method much more effective. I have been able to improve very rapidly and am about to finish my HSK 5. Besides the quality of the lessons, the atmosphere in the school is also very good (which is very important for pleasant studies). The school does not offer any housing program at the moment, but is about to move to a bigger school and will offer this in a few months from now.

A housing program would be a nice addition to the school, but I do not really need this.
Roshni

Best decision I made!

I have been in Shanghai for over 7 years and I had tried to learn Mandarin before but I failed. When I won free classes with Silk Mandarin, I had just signed up for trial classes with another school to support my roommate in her effort to learn Mandarin. I attended those classes with her and thought I would come just for those free lessons at Silk Mandarin and then continue at the other place which was closer to where I live. However, Andy is an amazing teacher. Silk Mandarin’s teaching methodology, the cards and the talking pen as well as the other two students, Heidi and Sisay soon had me signing up to continue taking lessons at Silk Mandarin. Since then I have recommended Silk Mandarin to other people and I will continue to do so!

When possible, allow for students to make up for missed classes in a similar level group.
Daniel

Excellent Techers and an Excellent Experience

I've been studying at Silk Mandarin for 3 years and my Chinese skills have progressed a lot. The lessons are catered to my needs and their time is flexible, they also host a lot of events and I have made a lot of good friends through the school. I am currently studying for the HSK6 and when I started my level was HSK3 as I had learned some basic Chinese before I came to Shanghai. I have learned to read and write and am comfortable enough with my language skills that I can live easily in China without help. I can't recommend them enough!

About Silk Mandarin - Language Training Institute

At Silk Mandarin you will learn Mandarin effortlessly! Our ground-breaking SLOW MOTION TECHNIQUE paves the way, as it teaches you Mandarin with just ONE rule instead of dozens. Which student wouldn’t like that? A wide variety of incredible teaching...