Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

teachers-during-intensive-class
teachers-during-intensive-class
smiling-students-with-books-during-intensive-group-class
smiling-students-with-books-during-intensive-group-class

The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.

Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

The increasing importance of HSK has been the reason to design our Express 30 course. It is undoubtedly the fastest way to pass your HSK exams with good results. In this course we stretch the student’s language skills to the fullest. The class size is with 4 students small.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture.
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual.
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule.
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam.
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam.

Chinese Summer Camp in Shanghai - Early Bird Discount

This program is ideal for parents who want to give their child a head start at becoming a global citizen by learning Mandarin in China!

We will teach students our innovative Slow Motion Technique, a popular method at our school, which teaches Mandarin with just one rule instead of dozens.

• Instruction 9.7
Joelle

Excellent Group Classes

I came to Shanghai speaking absolutely no Chinese but because of the classes at Silk Mandarin, I have made a lot of progress in a little over a year—I can now read short, easy texts written entirely in characters and have basic conversations with taxi drivers and wait staff at restaurants. The teachers at Silk are knowledgeable, personable, and patient. They use a number of different teaching methods to help students learn the material, and the slow motion technique explains much of Chinese grammar in a really logical way. The teachers and staff are also incredibly helpful in navigating life in China, and they’ve regularly gone above and beyond to solve small problems for me. Even the students I’ve met at Silk are amazing and have become good friends. I highly recommend Silk Mandarin for any level of Chinese learner and I’m constantly telling my friends who want to learn Chinese that they should enroll in classes there.

Bertrand

Yanqin Laoshi, more like Yanqin Haode!

Today marks 6 months since I’ve been with Silk Mandarin with Yanqin Laoshi. I tried several schools in Shanghai before committing to one, but during the trial lesson, the first 2 weeks intensive course & bi-weekly lessons since, I feel I made the right choice with Silk. Yanqin tailors each lesson to my learning requirements, sets good homework & her classes change style & tempo depending on what I’m struggling with & what I’m doing well.
I have a long way to go, but after learning Chinese for 2 years in Chengdu, I can really feel the development in the last 6 months

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I ate one of the chilli's in hotpot. Don't recommend it
Julia

Chinese adventure

I moved to Shanghai 4 months ago and a friend of mine recommend me Silk Mandarin. The school offers great and different classes. A unique technique, interactive classes and very skillful teachers are helping you to improve quickly! And it is always fun and you meet a lot of interesting people. Besides that the school offers different cultural activities and makes you feel more home in a new city. After three months I can get a long with my Chinese in my daily life and looking forward to improve my skills thanks to Silk Mandarin!

Sebastian

Chinese classes at Silk

I first noticed Silk Mandarin when i saw them at their booth at the yearly Expat fair in Jing’an (downtown Shanghai). I had tried other Chinese schools before so it didn’t really get my attention at first but then i saw 3 familiar foreign faces on their billboards advocating about the school. After a great talk with Silk Mandarin at their booth i phoned the 3 faces from the billboards just to be sure that this school would be different and better that the other ones i had tried. They all confirmed it and after being a student at Silk for a little over a year i can say that i surely have been more than happy with their way of teaching. My teacher Yanqin has been way above all expectations. What i love most about our classes is that she gives me the time and attention to go over whatever question i could have in Chinese instead of strictly sticking to the book and curriculum. She’s always smiling and that energy just makes it a true pleasure to go to class every time!

Marcel

Great to get settled - learn chinese in small classes

I had a career break and wanted to get settled in Shanghai. Living there, it makes sense to learn the basics of the language and the culture. The course from HsK 1 to 3 is very flexible, it can adjust to your individual needs while still being embedded in some small groups from up to 4 students. It’s great if you don’t know how long you can stay exactly and how much time to invest. Loved it and with 2 different teachers each day, you can learn about different teaching methods and get used to different accents.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Thanks for the small groups, we developed good friendships and had a lot of fun in class, while learning a lot
Antonio

Business Chinese

I am General Manager of my Spanish company branch in Asia and I needed to improve my chinese skills focused on business, vocabulary, speaking, etc. I joined 2 plus 1 Business Chinese lessons and experience is being great. Now I am able to have business meeting with my suppliers without need of my chinese coleagues. The school and the staff are simply fantastic. Convenient location at Jingan area, native teachers totally bilingual. I’m totally sure I will pass BCT exam. That’s my next goal with Silk Mandarin. Thanks for this experience!

It was not an improvement for the program, only that it was complicated to practice out of school due to our daily business schedule.
Giorgio

Chinese life changing

< China? Why in the world would I ever go there? > Well, two years ago I moved to Shanghai, and now I just can’t think of living anywhere else.
< Chinese language? Waste of time. Got no time for that. Working too much. I will survive with my English only > Well, that’s what I thought before starting classes at Silk Mandarin.
After few tries among private teachers and on-line classes, which got me really willing to give up, I decided to give this school a last try, convinced by a brief seminary about Chinese characters I have been invited to last year. There I understood that whatever I thought was just about study and memory, was actually mostly about logic and very well representative of such a different mindset I would never be able to really understand if not digging into this language.
Great teachers and facilities do make a difference, but method matters even more. That’s how Silk Mandarin and my wonderful teacher Yanqin changed my opinion about Chinese language and awakened my need to get more and more involved. After 6 months I still have a very long way to go, but obtaining my HSK2 certificate and now keeping studying seriously despite my work duties makes me really proud of myself and looking forward to a real chance of learning something I thought was impossible to.
Can’t wait to restart after Chinese New Year!

Celine

I recommend!

I had classes during almost a year once a week. My teacher Was amazing. Always very energetic, positive, passionate with her job and really patient! She is very talented to teach language. I learned a lot with her. She is quite well structured, method is efficient, and always available when I have a question. The school is very welcoming and professional. I really enjoyed the method which gave me a great learning experience mixing interactions, reading and listening - I will definitely continue my learning with Silk Mandarin.

What was your funniest moment?
When we share the cultural specificities between French and Chinese people :))