Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.

Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture.
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual.
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule.
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam.
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam.

Chinese Summer Camp in Shanghai - Early Bird Discount

This program is ideal for parents who want to give their child a head start at becoming a global citizen by learning Mandarin in China!

We will teach students our innovative Slow Motion Technique, a popular method at our school, which teaches Mandarin with just one rule instead of dozens.

• 9-10 rating 93.04%
  • 7-8 rating 6.96%
  • Instruction 9.7
RVenus

Fun place to learn Mandarin

I studied Mandarin on-and-off for many years and got to a level where I could comfortably have simple conversations. Having lived in Taipei & Shanghai for the last 8 years, I felt that I hadn’t advanced much on my own and so it was time to find a teacher. I tried online private classes but disliked the lack of personal interaction. I visited a few schools in Shanghai and decided on Silk Mandarin because the people I spoke to were genuinely welcoming and passionate about how they differentiated from other schools. I knew what type of teacher I was looking for and was matched perfectly with Lexie. She has a bright personality, encouraging, and thorough. Our classes are always full of laughter and I enjoy the flexibility of topics covered based on what I’m interested to learn.

Marc-Antoine

Silk Mandarin

After visiting few schools before starting, i can say today that Silk Mandarin is probably the best school in Shanghai. Great location in the heart of the city, nice school in very modern office tower, great atmosphere when you walk in with positive people always smiling. Strong learning processes which different approach for all student, and teacher is adapting her method to each one of them .
I was very lucky and had the privilege to work with Lexie. Always coming with a positive attitude and made sure that i was comfortable at every stage of the course

Cecile

a unique and effective teaching method. the best i found in shanghai with top quality teachers.

After visiting a few schools as well as attending one of them for 6 months when I first came to China 4 years ago, I feel that Silk Mandatin is possibly the best Chinese language school in Shanghai and Suzhou. At Silk Mandarin different learning tools are used to teach us including the "slow motion technique" and magical talking cards which work with a talking pen, real life situations to name but a few...
Last but not least is my fantastic teacher Lexie who is so patient and dedicated to giving us the best learning experience possible, she also has a great sense of humour which is important when learning a language. I feel very lucky to have her as my teacher!

JAMES

Review of Silk road Mandarin

It's a very great school that can definitely help you learn Chinese, either for survival or for passing the HSK exams. With their innovative teaching method of slow motion, Silk Road Mandarin are able to break down the language in very accessible chunks, for the novice and the advanced level student to learn from in tandem. The school also has a lot of extra activities for the students to take part in, whether this being open mic events or class outings, there is always something to keep the students busy.

To always try and put what you learnt in the classroom into practice in the real world.
Aldo

HSK3 - Part Time Course

Just completed HSK3 for Mandarin Chinese (equivalent to B1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). After one year and a half in China, I can finally communicate with the locals thanks to Silk Mandarin Language Training Institute 😊 a great school with great people. Special thanks to Amelie Guo the best teacher that I've ever met. Now I already started HSK4 with Silk Mandarin (part time classes) and I'll take the HSK4 exam at the end of the course. I'm a little concerned about the exam but I already know that, with the preparation given by this school, I'll surely pass it!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
It's been difficult to carry out this course during the CoVid-19 time in China. However, we completed it with online classes (perfectly organised). At the end of the course, we've finally been able to meet each other in person and eat a pizza together! 🍕
Chloe

Great experience at Silk Mandarin!

Silk Mandarin has a very friendly and welcoming environment. The materials used in the lessons are well made and the teachers are fantastic. I feel that my Chinese has improved so much more through attending lessons at Silk Mandarin. They also organise separate events and activities outside of classes, which means you can meet other students and teachers from the school and practice your Chinese outside of the classroom. I really enjoy learning at Silk Mandarin and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to study Chinese.

Embrace every lesson, try to use your Chinese as much as you can outside of the classroom and enjoy!
Marina

SilkMandarin

Silk Mandarin classes have given me the opportunity to achieve the speaking fluency that I lacked before. Using Slow Motion Method I've come to understand the logic of the Chinese thinking. I've realised that Chinese is not only a set of grammar structures and characters but also a great communication tool. Moreover, they didn't just teach you the words but also the stories behind the characters to help you memorize. What's more important, now I'm sure it's the tool that I can use successfully. It feels awesome!
I highly recommend Silk Mandarin to all of you.

Kamil

Comprehensive course of HSK3

I started my course in Suzhou, China. It was 2019 and I chose one on one classes. The school offered lessons with experienced teachers in a landmark location (Dongfang Mall). Not only was it possible to daily arrange the classes according to my ever-changing schedule, but also all the teachers ware available and helpful during their off time. One can always message them while having some doubts about Chinese language and even ask about other Chinese culture-related stuff. They are always happy to help. The school provides their own books, and they allow you to practice listening too. You can always mention what your goal or troubling issues are, for example exam preparation, speaking, writing etc. This way you can customize your lessons. I chose to go with comprehensive HSK3 course where I asked my teacher to put particular attention to speaking and tones. I am very satisfied with the results. I think that my speaking improved significantly after one year. My teacher recommended me relevant Chinese movies and music apps to practice my listening and she asked me if there are specific things that I want to practice as well. Online classes during COVID-19 pandemic were organized proficiently too and it was even more easy to change and adjust it. One can cancel or reschedule lessons one day before and you can rarely be to late to change it. Emergencies were understood and it was possible to bend this one-day rule as well. Even lessons separated be different time zones were possible to be arranged. The school was recommended to me by my university friend and it is quite popular around foreign students in China and appreciated by them. As I have heard form them, small group classes are equally as good as one-on-one classes, and their teachers are available to students off-classes too. It is important to mention that teachers offer you access to various online sources, both organized by schoolteachers (e.g. quizlet) and otherwise (e.g. books to memorize Chinese characters by association). Useful information about how to use characters on daily life are provided by them as well. All teachers are native speakers, and they are well versed in informal speech used by Chinese teachers and you can always consult them about it. What I think is the most important asset of this school is that they use good presentations that use as little pinyin as possible (during HSH3). At the same time, it is to the point that you can understand everything clearly and small difficulties push you to learn more characters. They also prepare you for more difficult HSK4 classes. I would sincerely recommend this language classes for those who have busy schedule and seek to improve their level despite other personal obligations. Additionally, I want to recommend my teacher (Hailey) to you. She is great at explaining things and she can always make the classes funny. If you hesitate, you should go there, and they will offer you a lesson for free so that you can decide if you like it. At first, after the trial lesson, I was afraid that it would be to easy, but you can always adjust your level to talking to them. They have additional surveys/tests to examine your level too. Even if you have troubles with characters, they will know your real level after a few lessons well..

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The school offered culture-related activities such as mahjong game or preparing and drinking tea. It was arranged for a verity of different topics depending on the time of a year and particular situation. Everyone was free to attend and it was a great way to integrate with people. It allowed me to get to know and understand Chinese culture better.