Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

Intensive 30 & Intensive 20
The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.
Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

Express 30
The increasing importance of HSK has been the reason to design our Express 30 course. It is undoubtedly the fastest way to pass your HSK exams with good results. In this course we stretch the student’s language skills to the fullest. The class size is with 4 students small.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam

• Instruction 9.8
Paulo

Helpful and superfriendly

Since I arrived in Shanghai I thought learn Chinese will improve my life quality. However at the beginning I choose a more amateur and easy way to learn with a friend of mine. After I decided to ask support to a professional school and professional teacher. Many people recommend me Silk Mandarin. I have been at Silk Mandarin since January and have really enjoyed my experience here. The classes are just want I was looking for in an intensive language program, and the teachers and staff are super friendly and helpful. In addition to classes, the school offers several activities each week which are great for learning more about Chinese culture or meeting new people. I would definitely recommend this program if you are looking for a Chinese language program in Shanghai.

Sara

Do you want to learn Chinese quickly and have fun doing it?

When it comes to learning languages, my ambitions have always overshadowed my end results. Silk Mandarin helped me change that!

Before starting my course with Silk Mandarin, I knew nothing except "Nihao". I was going to stay in Shanghai for 3 months and wanted to put the time to good use.
I was introduced to Silk Mandarin by another exchange student and after a consultation where we were introduced to their method, we were sold!
After two months of two three hour lessons per week, I can introduce myself and get by in simple conversations.

We are five people in my class and Jessica, our teacher, is amazing at making sure we all keep up and have fun while learning Chinese. She's very attentive and answers all our questions, and when we ask about useful things to learn when navigating Shanghai.
I've already recommended it to the next exchange students coming to Shanghai from my home university.

Here's the kicker; I opted for Silk Mandarin despite being offered FREE lessons by my university, and the best money spent and best decision I've made while in Shanghai!

Aside from efficient and rewarding lessons, what you can expect from Silk Mandarin:
- Clean & Modern classrooms
- Free coffee, tea & water
- A warm atmosphere
- Professional, patient and welcoming staff and teacher
- Good study material; the flashcards and the magic pen are a godsend!

Don't hesitate; they'll take good care of you, and your language skills!

Daniel

Weekday group course

The first time when we arrived in Shanghai we recognized very fast that it would be necessary to understand only a little bit of what Chinese people are talking. We had problems in using a taxi, ordering food or managing the household. The decision was made very quick to start learning mandarin soon to survive for two years in Shanghai. But without the characters! Would be to difficult for us we thought. After some recommendations of colleagues we went to Silkmandarin and this was probably our best desicion. The school is located near to a subway station in a nice building. Everything is well prepared (material, planning, lessons, classrooms, ...). But the most important point is: We can't imagine that there would be a better teacher for us in whole China. We really had fun to go to school although we had to do a lot of homework. I never had thought that I would say something like that anytime. Now we are looking forward to start with the HSK2 course in January to finish master "survival chinese". 我们爱Silkmandarin。谢谢你们。And without noticing we even learned the characters. :)

Annelize

One of the best choices from my China experience!

Silk Mandarin is the first language school i’m taking classes at, and for sure the best one.
The school is located ideally in the center of Shanghai and in a new building, therefore the classrooms are perfectly equipped and the environment is nice.
Everyone is very welcoming and while enjoying some food or drinks (offered by Silk Mandarin) there’s the opportunity to meet new people who are living the same life as you, alone in a new city on the other side of the planet.

I’ve been here for 2 months now, and i can already say that Silk Mandarin made my life so much easier in China; I can already make myself clear when going grocery shopping or when ordering food in a restaurant

If i had to do this again, for sure i will do it exactly the same.
Thanks for giving me the oppportunity to learn your beautiful language Silk Mandarin!

Perle

A wonderful experience !

As I was looking for good intensive mandarin courses, a friend recommended me this school. And boy, was I not amazed by the quality of the teachings and the atmosphere ?

I even recommended it to other people after two weeks.

The way it is teached is perfect to learn quickly in a fun way.

Currently living in China, I could tell my chinese improved considerably in a really short period of time (almost two months).

Everyone is really nice, and warm, and the school is also ideally located.

Long story short, I definitely recommend this school and its teachers !

Julia

Silk Mandarin makes my time in China so much better!

你好,

I have no bad word about this language school. The office building is very clean and new, unlimited coffee, tea and water (sometimes we even get food like Tony Chocolonely and fruit mmm), very warming atmosphere, profesionnal, kind and patient teachers and very good study material (love the magic pen and flashcards, it helps you a lot and it's a fun way to learn Mandarin). My teacher Jessica is absolutely sweet to her students! Her lessons are very efficient and fun. I don't regret my choice at all. Two friends of mine took lessons here before me and recommended it to me. I recommended it to my exchange group and now there are 8 students from my group at Silk Mandarin and everyone is very satisfied. I would like to say a huuuge 谢谢 .

Nat

Choosing to study at Silk Mandarin has been the best decision for me, to take my Chinese to the next level!

Before taking a course here, my study of Mandarin was all over the place…….I couldn’t grasp the Chinese grammar or sentence structure let alone feel confident to even speak a few words. Even at a basic level, my Chinese plateaued and didn’t feel like I was improving. I chose to enrol in the intensive Summer Camp course and this has provided me with a solid foundation to move up to the higher levels. The atmosphere is always welcoming, the teachers are so patient, they make the classes fun and the system used here has completely fast-tracked my learning. Thank you everyone at Silk Mandarin, see you all next year!!

Johanne

Great Chinese language school:)

I have been with Silk Mandarin for over two years now and can highly recommend it to anyone who wish to develop their Chinese skills while having a full time job! I do the part-time course, which means I have classes twice a week in the evening after work, which is perfect. No matter how busy a day I have had I am always looking forward to go to classes. One of the reasons for this is definitely because of the warmly atmosphere of the school, which allow you to get a great relationship with both the teachers and your fellow classmates. I have also taken a semester at university studying Chinese, but find Silk Mandarin school a much more personal, flexible and professional place to study.

Jonas

Memorable Experience at Silk Mandarin

A friend of mine, who studied at Silk Mandarin before, highly recommended me this school when I told her that I want to learn madarin. I got in touch with Amy who promptly replied to my inquiry and helped me so well with finding the right course and accommodation. Furthermore, she helped me a lot with a VISA issue I had and smoothly coordinated the airport pick up in Shanghai.
When I arrived at the school (which is located on the 6th floor of a top modern skyscraper) l was warmly welcomed by everyone and amazed by the very clean and well equipped school.
I had 80 hours of 1 ON 1 private lessons with Andy who is honestly the best language teacher I've ever had (I've studied 4 languages before). With her you can laugh and learn a lot at the same time. Especially when you have difficulties to learn the Chinese characters, she can always make up a story how to remember them.
In general, everyone at the school encourages you all the time to speak mandarin as much as possible. There are even talking corners during the week where teachers and students meet to practice their speaking, and this all for free! Every Friday there is a freetime activity where the school organizes something such as pottery class, mahjong or a chinese food tasing.

I want to thank the whole Silk Mandarin Team for such an unforgettable time I had with you. I will recommend you to anyone out there who wants to learn Mandarin in a fun and very efficient way.

Doug

Great experience!

My one on one classes at Silk Mandarin have helped my Chinese significantly. I like that they tailor the classes to my needs. I've never learned well from following a text book, but they had all sorts of other materials and techniques to help me learn in ways that work better for me.

The fun and friendly atmosphere makes learning easy, and the flexible schedule allows me to keep up my studies even while I’m working full time.

Apryl

Awesome!

I am so lucky to have found this Chinese school! I was able to select practically whenever I wanted to have my class online, and the material was very interesting and practical. My teacher was patient and knowledgeable and even introduced me to a lot of useful resources for self study. I would recommend anybody with an interest in learning more about China or Chinese culture to start today!
While I was traveling in China I was unfortunately not able to make it to Shanghai but my teacher still took the time to help me by text whenever I had a question. Above and beyond!

Jean Denis

Professional, friendly and motivating courses!

I have started learning chinese just over a year ago with Silk Mandarin. The learning curve of chinese can be very difficult and is full of ups and down but I have the chance to have a very understanding teacher that knows very well how to motivate and make me understand the intricacy of Chinese language. I am not the best student (far from it) as my job is really demanding and I have little time to spend on homework but Lexie has got enough patience with me to keep me on the right track and motivated. Without her I will have more than likely dropped out by now. The learning technique with the flashcards is great and very helpful to review your vocabulary on a daily basis. I know that I don't go as fast as the program demands it but I got at my speed and that is what is important to me and Lexie appreciate that and follow my pace. Learning chinese language enough so that I can be autonomous in everyday life is what I am aiming for and Lexie will certainly manage to get me there, with great difficulty, I admit, but I hope she will not lose faith in me as I will not lose faith in her ability to push me to achieve my goal. Thank you Lexie for all the patience you have, the motivation you give throughout your teaching. As I reward to you: I only hope that one day we can have a full conversation in your native language ! 谢谢

N/A
Pietro

A great 汉语 experience

I have attended class for three weeks before beginning an internship in Shanghai, The course was really interesting, never boring and the teachers were nice.

I personally think that my Chinese is going to be more powerful and perfect for the daily Life....

They also help me in finding an accommodation and they introduce me to Shanghai more popoular places, while helping me with Visa problems

ana

Amazing school!!!

I have studied in 2 other mandarim schools (one being in Shanghai as well) and Silk Mandarim is by far the best!!! they offer the best classes, very fun and dinamic, great teachers plus the super friendly staff!! they truly make you feel at home!! I once asked for the students to have more contact with the chinese culture, and now, eveyr friday we have culture classes, and they are awesome!!! you can feel that they really care about the students and making them learn as fast as possible! I can already feel the difference in my mandarim even with just a few classes!!! I would 100% recommend to everyone!!

nothing! is already perfect|
Julie

My Silk Mandarin experience

I had been starting Chinese multiple times before entering this school. It was always in universities so in big classes, it was always the same things that we learnt, it was slow, we didn’t have any books or workbooks to practice, it was repetitive because no one remembered the previous class and it felt like I wasn’t making any progress.

When I started the classes at Silk mandarin, my level was evaluated at half HSK1, my teacher understood my strengths and weaknesses, each class was prepared, we followed part of the books and I exercised on the workbooks after class. Thanks to this, we managed to moved quickly to a superior level. I started the courses of HSK1 at the beginning of March and now, in July we are starting HSK3: I definitely feel like I’ve made some progress. Every teacher is certified and you can hear the right prononciation from them as you learn. Although my schedule is very busy, my teacher and i took the time to find hours that could work for the both of us and I currently have two classes per week. Learning Chinese is challenging but learning that way makes it easier and you will reach your goal faster.
Everyone in the school is very nice, if you have any type of question they will always offer to help you. The school organizes trips as well as Chinese corners where you can practice with other students from every level. Also, if you want to get an HSK certification, the school offers to sign you up.

About Silk Mandarin - Language Training Institute

At Silk Mandarin you will learn Mandarin effortlessly! Our ground-breaking SLOW MOTION TECHNIQUE paves the way, as it teaches you Mandarin with just ONE rule instead of dozens. Which student wouldn’t like that? A wide variety of incredible teaching...