• China

Program Details

Immersion Level
Intensive Standard
Class Size
Private Lessons Small Class (1-7) Medium Class (8-15)
Apartment Host Family Hotel

Pricing

This is the price for 2 weeks of our Intensive 20 course.
What's Included
Some Activities Classes Wifi
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Airport Transfers Travel Insurance Visa
Sep 21, 2020
Dec 31, 2021
12 travelers are looking at this program

The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.

Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

Program Highlights

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture.
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual.
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule.
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam.
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam.

• 9-10 rating 93.18%
  • 7-8 rating 6.82%
  • Instruction 9.7
Jessica

Awesome!

The teacher is extremely qualified and explains the content in a good speed according to the student, the atmosphere is good, we have the opportunity to learn more about Chinese culture and the school team is very attentive. The teacher pays attention to details and works together with the student according to the student needs. The teacher always shows news and videos about what is happening lately. The communication between the student and the school is very smooth, all questions are answered very quick. I recommend!

1 person found this review helpful.
Maren

Best Way to Learn Mandarin

I studied with this school for a year and I can honestly say it's one of the best choices I made. I went in with an okay vocabulary from self study, and now I'm at a level that I can discuss almost anything with anyone and can be independent in China. Even before my Chinese was this level, the school and my teacher (Cristina) would help me manage things I struggled to do on my own. The school also offered fun activities and trips, such as pipa picking and doing traditional CNY crafts. I'm very sad I had to go, but it was for a good reason - with my better Chinese, I was able to enroll in a Chinese?university.

If your teacher assigns you homework, do it! And make sure to attend as many events as you can.
Kengo

1-1 lesson at Silk Mandarin

I have been studying for SHK1 at Silk Mandarin in Suzhou, and it has been a great experience. I had no previous experience of studying Chinese, but my teacher Christina really knows how to guide you from the beginning. It only has been about a month since I started my lessons, but I can already feel a lot of progressions which makes my life here more comfortable and enjoyable. Everyone at Silk is very friendly and supportive, and it is overall great study environment. It is also nice that they offer a lot of activities outside of class room where you can practice your Chinese and meet other expats studying Chinese.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I chose private lesson because my work schedule is rather irregular, but I would love to do group lesson if it was possible.
Omer

So much fun to learn Chinese with Silk Mandarin!

Silk mandarin is such a professional Chinese Learning School in which you will work with professional teachers who understand students very well and tailor the best learning method for their development. You will feel much better once you learn better reading, speaking and writing of Chinese for work, travel, study or fun! I highly recommend you to get started ASAP! You will discover a total new Chinese culture and experience with your new skills and Silk mandarin, with online and off-line class options, can help you to reach your dreams. Practicing regularly will definitely help you!

Get a trial course and you will see their techniques. Then only thing you need to do is some practice and you will see the development soon.
Sally

A friendly and fun place to learn Chinese

I have studied HSK 1 and 2 at Silk Suzhou branch. It's been a great experience; I've improved my Chinese a lot and have become more confident in using it. My teacher Lindsay is very nice and puts a lot of effort to make the classes enjoyable.  She often teaches extra material that we might find interesting or useful, such as vocabulary or some everyday idioms. The materials such as the Silk PPT and flashcards are good and they help to make the meaning clear. Siqin the CC is always very friendly and welcoming too. It's a great place to study if you want to improve your Chinese quickly.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I did it again, I would start coming to classes a lot sooner - I'd already been in China a year before I started at Silk. I learned more in the first few weeks of classes than in the whole of that year! :)
Heleen

Silk Mandarin

Our teacher, Christina, is great! She understands what the difficulties are for foreign people to learn Chinese. Silk Mandarin also organizes outdoor activities so we can learn to speak Chinese in the real world. I learned a lot in a short time. They have a clear structure, which makes the class interesting. Silk Manderin also offers a lot of digital help so you can practice your Chinese at home. And off course, they are really flexible, you can say what suits you and they try their best to organize the classes.

What was your funniest moment?
At the end of HSK 2 we got the assignment to go to the streets and ask questions to people. It was really funny, at the end we where able to get all the questions!
Jenni

Christina @ Dongfangzhimen

Silk Mandarin in the pants building in Suzhou is a great environment for learning. There are open classrooms with beautiful views from the 53rd floor. All of the teachers are lovely and fun to hang out with. They sometimes organize activities for the students, such as Chinese New Year dinner or calligraphy lessons. I was very fortunate to take my Chinese classes with Christina. Studying HSK 5 is no joke, but Christina and I got along well from the beginning, often laughing and bonding over our mutual love for cats. She is a wonderful and thoughtful teacher, always prepared, and willing to tweak the class to fit the needs of the students. Overall I have had a great time at Silk! ~ recommend !

More simple group activities would be great, especially for students who do 1-1 and don’t have the opportunity to meet classmates.
Charlie

Silk mandarin

I was sceptical about joining a training centre when I first heard of Silk Mandarin. However, after a free trial class and experiencing all of the in house resources along with the welcoming teachers and host, I was convinced!

The school in Dongfangzhimen is small and has a lovely small community feel. The teachers are all lovely and very experienced in teaching Mandarin. Siqin - the consultant is always very welcoming and helps with any problems you may have!

My teacher Christina, thoroughly prepares for classes and constantly double checks my understanding of new grammar points and vocabulary.

Being in this training centre has definitely motivated me and kickstarted my studying! Highly recommended!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
To be honest, if I was to do it again I would either:
a) buy more classes in the package deal (to make it cheaper)
b) study with a partner together in class.