Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai with Silk Mandarin

The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.

Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture.
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual.
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule.
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam.
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam.

Chinese Summer Camp in Shanghai - Early Bird Discount

This program is ideal for parents who want to give their child a head start at becoming a global citizen by learning Mandarin in China!

We will teach students our innovative Slow Motion Technique, a popular method at our school, which teaches Mandarin with just one rule instead of dozens.

• Instruction 9.7
Laurie

My Experience

My experience at Silk Mandarin has been nothing short of excellent thus far. The small class sizes make for a much more intimate learning environment where you are free to practise your speech and ask questions. Our teacher not only has extensive knowledge of Mandarin, but of English as well. He is able to anticipate where we will have misconceptions in our learning and helps teach and guide us towards understanding. One thing that has really impressed me in our classes is that we’re not only learning the language, but we’re also learning about Chinese history and culture as well. It is a very comprehensive way to learn and I highly recommend it! – Laurie MacNaughton

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was in the very beginning of our studies when we were learning the proper tones. There were some interesting sounds coming out of the room at that time!
Wilson

HSK 1

The classes at Silk Mandarin are engaging, fun and provide a wonderful insight into the Chinese Language. It's been great experience to understand how the Chinese language is structured and the stories behind the characters.Our teacher provides clear explanations in an enthusiastic manner to the time fly by. Overall I would highly recommend Silk Mandarin to people who is interested in learning Chinese. I look forward to continuing to learn Chinese to understand the local culture better and enjoy my life in Shanghai more!

What was your funniest moment?
how our teacher helps us to mastering the 3rd tone
James

Mandarin Lessons

I have thoroughly enjoyed learning Mandarin with SILK Mandarin. The lessons have been well resourced, stimulating and enjoyable. The course is very well structured and provides excellent steps to help you achieve your target. It is also focuses on Chinese history and culture which I have found fascinating. Our teacher provides clear and valuable feedback and this has really helped me grasp the basic concept of the language. I would reccommend this course to anyone who wants an educational and fun experience. James Hassett.

Aisling

Mandarin Lessons

I can not recommend the classes at SILK Mandarin highly enough. From our very first lesson, our teacher provided us with an active and challenging classroom environment. The lessons are very well prepared, engaging and fun. Apart from learning the pronunciations and grammar, I was amazed at how quickly we were able to understand the sentence structures and stories behind the Chinese characters. This is all down to the clear instructions, explanations and encouragement our teacher provides in class. I have really enjoyed the experience so far and am looking forward to continuing my classes! Aisling O Donoghue

Ajay

Fantastic learning tools and methodology

I was coming into the process with three central goals in mind: 1. to have a refresher on the basic fundamentals of the language and grammar, 2. to have a tangible result at the end of my learning in the form of passing my HSK exams and 3. to develop an ability to read and write characters. From the very first trial class I was engaged and inspired by the highly interactive and less scholastic approach of Silk Mandarin, but also how each class and stage is highly focused around building upon as well as perfecting the basics of the language. Through this process, I have also reignited my passion and curiosity for Chinese culture, which has inspired me personally to immerse myself in other areas beyond the HSK syllabus. I would thoroughly recommend Silk Mandarin to anyone looking to press reset on their Mandarin language skills, and learn from some of the best teachers in China.

Overcoming the fear factor of making mistakes was key for me. My teacher was always supportive, but also pushed me during class as well as during personal assignments.
Marie

Amazing classes at Silk Madarin!

I started my journey at silk mandarin just over a year ago. A friend of mine recommended the school so I went for a trial class and I loved it. I signed up for three private classes a week. Due to circumstances I already had three different teachers, but all three of them where really professional and adjusted the classes to my needs. I am really impressed by their way of teaching and the knowledge they all have. As I said before, I take three classes a week, and just over a year I almost finished HSK4. This is definitely because the teachers are very motivating and you feel they just love their job. Not only do they provide theoretical classes, but once in a while they also provide Chinese corners to learn more about the Chinese culture. This is such a good way to learn things about China and its culture you didn’t knew yet, but it also gives you the chance to get to know other students. So, I would definitely recommend Silk Madarin to everybody who wants to start their Mandarin journey. Dont hesitate if you are not sure, just go and find out their amazing school for yourself!

Nothing at all, I love the fact that the teachers adjust the program to your needs.
John

Expert teachers

Silk Mandarin is a highly organised and professional Mandarin Chinese language learning centre. I have experienced both one on one and group learning methods and the teachers cater specifically for my learning needs. My teacher, Shirley, is an expert in being able to assess my learning needs, provide simple instructions to follow and makes every single lesson an enjoyable experience. She also ensures I progress through the HSK curriculum with an understanding of grammar, tones and Chinese culture

Matthew

Top-Notch Mandarin Instruction

From my first visit to Silk Mandarin I was impressed by the professionalism, care, and courtesy extended by the staff. Thanks to their instruction I have seen my language abilities (in the fields of reading writing, speaking, and listening) improve exponentially. Not only is the instruction high-quality, the materials provided are both useful and accessible. In addition, my teacher has always been attentive to my particular needs and difficulties as a student. I heartily recommend Silk Mandarin to anybody looking to improve their Chinese abilities.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Taking the placement tests to determine my level was very nerve-racking. However, I was able to overcome my stress over the results thanks to reassurance from my instructor as well as undertaking further practice and review.