Silk Mandarin: Intensive Chinese Programs in Shanghai

Summer Camp in Shanghai

This summer improve Chinese language while visiting Shanghai and China. You will also learn Shaolin Kungfu in Dengfeng, close to the famous Shaolin Temple.

The Summer Camp is best suited for kids in the age of 13-17.

The duration is 3 weeks and there are 4 starting dates: June 4th, June 25th, July 16th, August 6th.

Click the button below to know more and to enjoy a 10% discount if you sign up before May 1st.

Intensive 30 & Intensive 20
The Intensive 30 Course is with 30 classes per week our most immersive Course. It focuses on acquiring the highest level of Conversational or Business Chinese, at the same time preparing the student to pass the Chinese HSK exam.
Compared to the Intensive 20 Course the Intensive 30 Course allows for two additional afternoon classes per day in which what has been learned in the morning is being practiced in an effective yet fun way in the afternoon. Apart from that, the Intensive 30 course includes a Friday afternoon out of class Activity: we take the students outside where they can practice their Mandarin in the real world. Class size is small with a maximum of 8 students.

Express 30
The increasing importance of HSK has been the reason to design our Express 30 course. It is undoubtedly the fastest way to pass your HSK exams with good results. In this course we stretch the student’s language skills to the fullest. The class size is with 4 students small.

• Full immersion in Chinese language and culture
  • Full time teachers native to China and bilingual
  • Slow Motion Technique to teach you Chinese with just one rule
  • 2 in 1 curriculum to teach you Conversational Chinese and to prepare you to pass the HSK exam
  • 2 plus 1 to teach you Business Chinese and to prepare you to pass BCT exam

• Instruction 9.8
Daniel

Excellent Techers and an Excellent Experience

I've been studying at Silk Mandarin for 3 years and my Chinese skills have progressed a lot. The lessons are catered to my needs and their time is flexible, they also host a lot of events and I have made a lot of good friends through the school. I am currently studying for the HSK6 and when I started my level was HSK3 as I had learned some basic Chinese before I came to Shanghai. I have learned to read and write and am comfortable enough with my language skills that I can live easily in China without help. I can't recommend them enough!

Alena

My experience

My experience with Silk Mandarin was excellent! I arrived in Shanghai as a beginner and the course that I started was perfect for me. I had the possibility to have classes during the weekend and my teacher Shirley was great! I have learned quickly with their teaching methodology and I recommend this school and this course everyone who has busy schedule during the week. As well as this school has an amazing just opened office in Suzhou, which we had pleasure to visit. The new location is in historical city. It has an amazing location with picturesque view, and close to the public transportation.

Simone

Great study journey and great results

The teachers are not only very professional but also able to mix fun and learning at the same time. Each class is also linked to real life situations (day to day life, work, etc.) which makes the learning more effective and applicable. They follow their own scheme and structure for each class, and there is always a positive outcome. I have improved my Chinese level with a very fast pace and I can definitely say that since attending classes in Silk Mandarin I have learned more than I would ever expect before. Thank you 老师们!!

Justin

5 months of experience

Through over five months of one-on-one lessons at Silk Mandarin my experience has been excellent. Having tried a couple of other schools and teachers here in Shanghai, I’ve found Silk to be a very personal and professional team. They helped me craft a schedule and package that worked with my budget and time availability. In terms of methodology I was hesitant at first to commit to learning to read characters, but based on their recommendation I decided to give it a try. As predicted it was an important factor in enabling a solid breakthrough in terms of my quickly learning new vocabulary and more completely understanding the nuances of the language. My teacher Jasmine was able to help me quickly progress through HSK level 3 and has enabled a new level of confidence in my speaking and understanding. I would highly recommend the school to anyone looking to make a studious effort to learning Mandarin.

alexandre

My experience with Silk Mandarin

It has been a great experience with Silk Mandarin, I’ve progressed well and fast due to the quality of the teaching. I did really enjoy the way of teaching. The teachers and staff are very passionate and engaging as well as helpful and knowledgeable and I I had never learned any chinese before I came here, and after only 5 lessons of 1h30 each, I now know many things, and I didn’t expected to know that much!

Alexander

Amazing school with the best teachers

I've been living in Shanghai for o´ver 5 years and tried many different schools. At Silk Mandarin I've had the best experience by far and always recommend it to my friends that need a place to study Chinese. They make it fun, they care about your learning, and it works... I started around HSK2/3 level and am now 6. Have introduced many beginners also who loved it and still go many months after starting.

It's a very wholesome program that i highly recommend to others. Nothing i can think of that needs to be improved.
Anand

Learnt a lot in a short space of time

I definitely felt the benefit of being at one of the smaller, but still popular language institutions. The teaching style and techniques are very effective and after two weeks I can’t really believe how much vocabulary and grammar I have been able to absorb. The staff are very friendly and make you feel like you are part of their family, which makes it a much more enjoyable environment to learn the language in.

more variety of activities and learning materials in the class
development of online platform to learn from home.. with access to the slides
Jacqqueline

My Silkmandarin experience

I have greatly appreciated my time at Silkmandarin. The teachers and staff memebers have been very friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. With the help of Silkmandarin (teachinga and resources) I have improved my Chinese language skills as well as had a lot of fun along the way. The facility is located very close to the heart of Shanghai so it is very convinient. I feel the price is on the higher end but the course is well worth the money. I am satisfied with the overall experience and would recommend Silkmandarin to prospective students.

I would have appreciated more activities, however the ones they have all well organized (cost of activities does not include in the course fee). The facility is rather small, although this is understandable due to its central location (next to Shanghai Museum). Otherwise Silkmandarin offers everything you would want in a language course.
Rodolphe

A very efficient program

When I came in Silk Mandarin School, I was in need to improve my Chinese language for my work. Teachers work together in a very nice ambiance and improve their way of teaching everyday. Thanks to Silk Mandarin School I spend 6 month on the side of my work to prepare thé HSK3. And now on the way to the 4. Wish a nice time with this team at Silk Mandarin School.
If you have any question don't hesitate.

Organize outdoor class :)
Vaheana

General Chinese Class

I really enjoyed studying in Silk Mandarin. Teachers are always available and happy to help. The atmosphere is always joyful. Plus, at the minute, you enter Silk Mandarin, you can completely immerge yourself and practice your Chinese (which is rare occasion in Shanghai!). Everybody is here to help you progress, no matter your level. What I liked the most is the fact that it doesn't really feel like a school but more like meeting and talking with friends! The best way to learn!

Zachary

Top Chinese School in Shanghai!

I have very much enjoyed my studies during my HSK 3 course at Silk Mandarin, due to the support and resources that teachers and staff gave to me. Previously, I had been studying with a private tutor but after I found Silk Mandarin I was able to vastly speed up my learning due to all of the teachers' greater knowledge and expertise on the subject. If you want to learn in an environment with knowledgeable, fun and sociable teachers then I would highly recommend this school!

Vincent

HSK Silk Mandarin

My experience with Silk Mandarin was excellent!! I arrived in Shanghai as a beginner and the course that I started was perfect for me. I had the possibility to have classes during the weekend and my teacher Shirley was great! I learned quickly with their teaching methodology and I recommend this school and this course to everyone who has a busy schedule during the week.
All in all I would definitely recommend Silk Mandarin to any student with and without knowledge of Chinese.

Myles

Thanks Silk Mandarin for making it easy and fun for me!

I was referred to Silk Mandarin by a friend and I have never looked back. The teachers have helped me pass my HSK 6 in no time! After two years learning in a bigger Mandarin school I decided to choose Silk Mandarin for my further lessons. I was excited regarding the differences to my old school. And I was very surprised regarding the learning success. Then even after only some lessons, the improvement of my spoken Chinese was enormous. They only have very experienced full-time teachers which using advanced teaching methods The teaching books are up to date and not so old-fashioned like at my old school. And because the school is still not so big the atmosphere there is very familiar. So all in all the right choice for myself. I am very grateful to them for making it easy and fun for me!

Zoe

Great classes!

I have been having classes with Silk Mandarin for one year, in that time I have completed both HSK 2 and 3 with high marks. I have been studying using their online platform fast meeting, one-on-one with Yanqin. She is a fantastic teacher, patient and always makes the lessons interesting and relatable. The online platform is perfect if you live far from the city centre, with video conferencing, PPT and typing functions, its just like being in the classroom. Im very happy to now be working towards HSK 4 with Yanqin.

Santiago

Strongly Recommend

Silk Mandarin is a very good learning academy. They have great teachers and the price is very affordable. I have tried several academies and teachers in the past but none of them suited my expectations. One friend of mine recommended me to join Silk Mandarin. I am very happy with my experience and I encourage others to try it too. My teacher Shirley is the best. She is very patient and takes the time to explain everything in detail.

About Silk Mandarin - Language Training Institute

At Silk Mandarin you will learn Mandarin effortlessly! Our ground-breaking SLOW MOTION TECHNIQUE paves the way, as it teaches you Mandarin with just ONE rule instead of dozens. Which student wouldn’t like that? A wide variety of incredible teaching...