Chinese Full-immersion Summer Camp in China for 8-18 Years old

Chinese painting class is  Great!
Chinese painting class is Great!
students in shanghai
1 on 1 Chinese Tuitoring Every Evening After Class- Chinese Summer Camp
1 on 1 Chinese Tuitoring Every Evening After Class- Chinese Summer Camp
Dinning Hall, Never Seen in other Summer Camps
Dinning Hall, Never Seen in other Summer Camps

Top-ranked Chinese summer camp organizer in China; 10+ years of reputation; Offering best experience and best price; Small-class setting, results guaranteed.

NEW in 2020 program: Study in Shanghai + Tour in Beijing (Session 3&4)

Full-board Mandarin Chinese summer camp based in Shanghai's university campus, 4-star hotel in school, 24/7 supervision, 90 hrs. of Chinese classes and 1-on-1 tutoring, 11 culture experiences, IB/IGCSE/AP/HSK exercises, 6 tourist attractions in Shanghai, 3-day field trip, free service package (airport transfer, laundry etc.…).

Session 1: June 23 - July 8 / 16 days: Shanghai + 3-day Trip in Hangzhou
Session 2: July 4 - July 21 / 18 days: Shanghai + 3-day Trip in Hangzhou
Session 3: July 7 - July 24 / 18 days: Shanghai + 3-day Trip in Beijing
Session 4: July 19 - August 4 / 17 days: Shanghai + 3-day Trip in Beijing
Session 5: July 23 - August 7 / 16 days: Shanghai + 3-day Trip in Nanjing

• Total Immersion Experience: Fully immersed in a Chinese-only environment, improve language skill and explore the Chinese culture in a real-life setting.
  • Diversified Activities: To motivate students to learn we arrange: themed Chinese workshops, 1-on-1 tutoring, group assignments and more.
  • Fun and Educational Trips: Culture-enhancing excursions to various famous attractions and historical sites in China.
  • Secure Campsite: Comfortable rooms in university owned on-campus hotel. School cafeterias provide nutritious meals.
  • 24/7 Supervision: We have a group of experienced counselors to ensure safety and assistance. To make your camp life easier we provide free services such as airport transfer, laundry and more.

• Program Selection 9.9
  • Pre-departure Help 9.9
  • In-program Support 9.9
  • Impact on Student 9.9
Amy

Thanks RISH Chinese summer camp Team!

I wanted to thank RISH counsellor team for making such an amazing experience for my daughter and myself. My daughter is 10 years old and attended RISH Chinese summer camp in July 2018, and I stayed together with her during the whole camp. The school environment was very comfortable and convenient. The counsellor team was so friendly and helpful to accompanying parents like myself. The 1-on-1 tutoring was one of the activities that I liked the most in this camp. My daughter could have close interaction with the tutor 1v1 to practice as much as possible. The excursions were language learning related, very helpful for the kids to know more about Chinese history and culture. At the end of the camp I was happy to see that my daughter was given confidence to speak Chinese herself in daily life. I have decided to bring my daughter and my younger son to RISH Chinese summer camp again next year.

Riley

A real Chinese language summer camp in China

My brother has been to RISH Chinese summer camp two years ago. He liked this camp very much and he said that this camp was very helpful to improve his Chinese grades. So my parents sent me to this camp this year. I have participated in two successive sessions so I stayed here for one month. All campers live and study inside the university campus so there is nothing to worry about the safety. Besides the campus is really convenient. You can find easily convenient stores, cafes, fruit shops, and so on. And sports fields are spacious. We can use all the sports facilities. We live in the campus hotel which is not open to public guests. Our rooms are cleaned everyday by attendants. I would say that if you want a real full-immersion Chinese summer camp experience then RISH is the best choice.

Addison

My children enjoyed this summer camp a lot

We wanted our children to learn Chinese language during the summer vacation and we found that RISH provides the only real immersion Chinese language summer camp in Shanghai. The arrangement of courses and activities looks great. It finally turned out to be an impressive experience.
The camp is full-boarding, providing accommodation and all meals, as well as 24/7 counselor team support so we did not have anything to worry about during the whole camp.
The accommodation place is inside the campus, 4-star standard twin room, fully furnished and equipped, really clean and comfortable. Our children liked the room very much.
Each student has his/her own counsellor who helps the student to well settle in and solve any problem.
We really want to thank to the counsellor Shirley. She was so nice and helpful and made great effort to take good care of our children.

Mike

Happy memories

I really enjoyed the experience, found some new people who were excited about my culture and how we spend time in our school. I even made friends faster than they I interact with people at my school. The food was amazing and it was most of time some new experience that I really enjoy. In school cafeterias we had so many different choices for each meal due to the fact that all people in the camp were from different countries. And the organizers arranged many special meals to let us try Chinese local specialties, like Xiaolongbao, Sichuan hot pot, Pekin duck, dumplings. Those who are vegetarians and those who do not eat pork or sea food are also well looked after. Great opportunity to speak a bit of Chinese, learn their cultures and have a habit to study more often. Thanks to my mom who reserved a place there for me!

Leslie

A wise choice

Personally, I think I was able to successfully enjoy the RISH Chinese summer camp due to the fact that I was already prepared to make effort to learn Chinese and practice as much as possible. I did a lot of research before going to this camp and this is what I have to advice top other. doing a small research made me learn a bit the basic language and of course know a bit what was waiting for me over there. I was also ready to meet new people and spend time with them. I enjoyed my summer, got a good grade in Chinese exam in the camp and easily made new friends. The counselors are very helpful encouraging each one of us to speak Chinese after class in real life. I'm now no more afraid to see a person speaking Chinese in front of me. I would possibly go back again depending on my future plans.

Patrick

Good Chinese summer camp program

Every year my father sends me to China to attend Chinese summer camp to improve my Chinese level. I have been to many summer camps in Beijing and in Shanghai. Some of them are very similar to kindergartens, some camps have very bad accommodation, and some camps have classes in commercial building. RISH Chinese summer camp has the best campsite among all the camps in China I have ever been to. We study and live in a university campus. At the beginning I thought we would live in a dorm. But in fact we lived in the university hotel. The hotel is just like the star-rated hotels when I go on trip, very new and clean. Only two students share one room. The students in this summer camp are almost the same age as me, and I can quickly find friends to chat with. I will come again next year.

Susane

Unique summer camp in China!

RISH provides a very fun program, their organizers are excellent and innovator in every things they do . It is a real full immersion program as they said, because I have to speak Mandarin every day with teachers, counselors, classmates and other people I met in the school. That builds up my confidence in speaking Mandarin. In the end I am able to hold longer conversation by using the vocabulary I have learnt before. I also enjoyed the excursions and trips which introduced the Chinese culture and history. Nanjing and Wuzhen are wonderful tourism cities. All the counselors are very supportive and caring which makes it fun for us to spend our camp life with them. I also met some amazing people who I was really sad to leave when the camp was over.

Andreas

RISH Chinese Summer Camp feedback

I have been there with RISH for the second session, 18 days in total. I would say that everything is perfect for me. I was impressed by the huge and beautiful campus the moment I arrived. I have really improved a lot my skills in Chinese language in this camp because during the whole session we have had around 60 hours of Chinese learning in total. Apart from that, I also met some friends who were half Chinese and ready to help me each time I was asking something. One of the most fun I had in this camp is to embrace other culture, since all the participants came from so many different countries all around the world. Apart of that, RISH Chinese summer camp was a real opportunity for me to make new friends and of course change the environment while spending my first summer alone

Aubrey

The best Chinese language summer camp

This Chinese summer camp is really the best language summer camp I attended in Shanghai, including the campsite environment, meals, Chinese lesson arrangements, activities after class, etc. I also made friends from different countries. Apart from that, I was even able to learn a bit French because of the friend I met over there. The summer camp counsellors explained every detail to us in the first day we arrived. Moreover, the summer camp provides laundry services every 3-4 days, it’s awesome! The counsellor team was with us all the times so there was nothing to worry about at all. All the counsellors are very helpful encouraging each one of us to speak Chinese after class in real life. I'm now no more afraid to see a person speaking Chinese in front of me. I would possibly go back again depending on my future plans.

Arnold

I really like this Chinese summer camp!

This is my second time to attend RISH Chinese summer camp. I really enjoyed my experience with RISH. And I can see that they improved the summer camp details better and better every year. This summer camp is different to other summer camps in China that I have been to before. Firstly, the campsite is based in a very beautiful and large university campus. All the students live in a 4-star campus hotel which is located inside the school. All the daily activities are arranged in the school. And in the school, there is local university students who are very kind and dynamic people. The summer camp organized so many different activities which enable us to practice our Chinese language with the local native-speaker students. This is awesome and I have never experienced in other Chinese summer camps. Apart from regular Chinese lessons in the day time, we can have 1-on-1 Chinese tutoring after dinner. It is very helpful to me. I can practice my Chinese oral, ask questions about homework or talk about some Chinese culture, pop things, etc.
However, this is not the end, we have a fun tour to other cities in the end of the summer camp. I went to Hangzhou in 2017 and went to Nanjing in 2018. Hangzhou and Nanjing are both beautiful and famous capital cities of ancient Chinese dynasties. I have visited UNESCO world heritage sites, imperial mausoleum, ancient Buddhist temples and Pagodas, classical Chinese gardens and traditional architectures, Chinese green tea plantation village etc. I have the opportunity to admire magnificent historical remains and an extensive collection of first-class treasures, which is precious experience for people like myself who are fascinated by Chinese history and culture.

Leveran

An unforgettable summer

I still miss every moment spent there. The friends, organizers, the moments we spend all night talking about the things we do at school and also the moments we learn about how to cook rice (the Chinese way). For real beginners like myself the summer camp helped us learn the fundamental in Chinese language and increase my grade at school. I liked very much the campus: huge, clean, and convenient. I made good friends since the first day I arrived in the camp. We used to spend time together doing activities, chatting, learning Chinese and having fun. We were living like a family and ready to support each other in case of emergency or anything else. I'm still chatting with some of the friends I met there and we are planning to meet again next summer. Can't wait that day!

Frederick

A great place to learn Chinese language and culture!

RISH summer camp was a great initiative for our daughter to learn Chinese language as this was always what she wanted to do but never had this chance. We decided to arrange everything and give her a best surprise. Spending the summer there helped her increase her ability to learn a new language and interact with people. This will help her to better socialize at school. We think she learned more because she is able to paint the Chinese calligraphy and sing some Chinese songs. She decided to keep on learning Chinese after she returned home. In this camp the staff were very friendly and ready to help anytime our daughter was facing some issues. Teaching, activities, accommodation and food were on point. We are proud we choose this camp and will definitely recommend it.

Angela

A great idea for me

I really enjoyed my experience with RISH. One thing I was worried about before I joined in was the residential accommodation, since it was a place I would live for more than two weeks. But it turned out that there was nothing worth worry about. The campus hotel is new, clean and comfortable. It is located inside the university. Actually it is only reserved to students who came here for different programs, or to teachers and professors who came for conferences and lectures. So it is really a nice place, extremely safe, and high-quality decorated. They said it is 4-star standard. There are free wifi in our rooms, so very convenient. Attendants clean up our rooms every day when we go for class in the morning. This is the best accommodation among all the summer camps I have ever been to.

Emmanuelle

Very impressed experience

Kevin

Thanks to RISH

I went there two times, together with my sister, and we can see how they are improving each time with their foods, the accommodation, the way they welcome participants, their teaching and more. The way they welcome people at the airport, outdoor activities newly created, Chinese teaching arrangements, short trips to new destinations, RISH is continuing to improve their camp content and services to let students have a delightful experience. Returning students like myself and my sister can upgrade to the higher level of class. One good thing is that we know the campus very well when we came here for the second time so we could easily settle in from as soon as we arrived. I'm very excited to go there again next year to see what they prepare again for campers.

Alumni Interviews