Bold Earth Teen Adventures: Older US Programs

North America » United States of America

Steph
Pelham

Best Summer of My Life

This was definitely my most diverse, fun, educational, and memorable summer. I went to camp knowing 2 people from school, but it didn't impact my bonding with the other 10 people and our two leaders. Since we traveled all over the West Coast during the Bold West trip, we got to do everything from rock-climbing to white-water rafting to surfing to exploring Vegas. When I first heard that we would cook all of our own meals, I was terrified that we'd all starve to death, because I didn't know how to cook. During the course of the trip, I learned how to improvise meals and how to cook with limited supplies. (I also really enjoyed food shopping, as I usually got driven around in a cart.) I made so many friends who I still keep in touch with. I'm even meeting up with a friend during the Costa Rica trip I'm doing this summer!! All in all, this was a great experience and I definitely recommend it to every teen out there.

Michael
White Plains, New York

Parents Take Caution

My son Tyler died while on the Bold Earth Hawaii tour in the summer of 2012. He was swept out to sea after tour guides failed to follow high surf warnings and lead the group into an unsafe tide pool. These guides, who were responsible for leading the teens on a kayaking and hiking trip that day, were not trained in oceanic conditions - they had no cell phones, and no safety equipment on hand. After my son went missing, company leaders waited 5 hours to contact us and let us know what happened. When we arrived in Hawaii the following day, we discovered that the tour had continued, and no one from Bold Earth was there to meet us. Parents should use extreme caution when selecting a tour company for their children. Research backgrounds and experience of tour leaders and the company as a whole.

Mark
Atlanta
University of Georgia

Best Summer Decision

My son Mark went on Bold Earth's Bold West the summer of 2013, and it is safe to say this is one of the best experiences we as a parent, and he as a camper has ever had.
Mark got home and could not stop talking about all the places they went, and the amazing adventures they had. One week they were on a two day rafting trip in California, and they were surfing in Santa Cruz the next.
The trip leaders were so great, and Mark went on and on about how cool they were.
The entire time the leaders kept a blog so we could stay informed about what was happening on the trip, and it had pictures of all the activities. The staff in the office was so helpful and knowledgable I didn't have to stress about a thing.
Mark is planning on a trip in Australia for summer 2014.

We wish it was all year long!

Bold Earth Teen Adventures is the worldwide leader in teen adventure travel, specializing in incredibly fun multi-week trips around the world. Since 1976, more than 16,000 campers have joined Bold Earth for the summer adventure camp of a lifetime.

With 27 different programs on 6