Intern Abroad with a Tech Startup in Buenos Aires, Argentina with Sage Corps!

Intern Abroad with a Tech Startup in Buenos Aires, Argentina with Sage Corps!

We know your type— the independent thinker, self-starter, and creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to go out of your comfort zone. You wouldn’t be on this website trying to find a global experience if you weren’t.

We get it— and we think that’s pretty cool. Welcome to Sage Corps. We are a global entrepreneurship program that sends top college students to study at leading universities and work with premier technology startups.

As a Sage Corps fellow, you’ll experience more than a traditional intern abroad program; you’ll gain invaluable international professional experience that will make you stand out to future employers. Our fellows gain and build practical, marketable skills on the job.

Fellows also participate in Sage Corps developed and led professional development programming —including both an online curriculum and weekly in-person events— to explore and pursue their career goals.

Are you ready? Connect with us today - we'd love to hear from you!

• A global entrepreneurial experience: The startup ecosystem is changing and growing every day, and it's an exciting time to work in the startup world. This is your opportunity to enter the industry and tackle real problems.
  • Access to the Sage Corps community and network: Sage Corps alumni go on to work at Fortune 500 firms, & of course startups, while others even launch their own companies. This broader network will be available to you beyond your time abroad.
  • You'll gain professional experience that 99% of your peers won't have; this will help you stand out to future employers.
  • You'll get to live in one of the most beautiful places in the world - Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Buenos Aires
Computer Science
International Business
Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
Cost includes:
Administrative costs
Orientation, weekly events, and in-country support
Program development
Deposit and pre-departure support

An amazing immersive work experience

Sage Corps provided me with the opportunity to work abroad without having to feel lost. They placed me in a startup that perfectly matched my professional aspirations and made sure everything was going smoothly. The staff based in Chicago was very present over email and the country managers on the ground in Buenos Aires were amazing. They planned interesting events for us every week. The social component of the program was also very helpful as it gave me opportunities to meet people at first when I didn't know anyone there. I feel like I learned all the professional skills I wanted to acquire during my internship and I got an incredibly enriching experience. Working alongside Argentine entrepreneurs was the best way to exchange every day and learn about the culture. The true differential factor of Sage Corps is that you have a frame that provides lots of reassurance while also being fully immersed.

I would just recommend more shared apartments than residences

Interning with a Startup in Buenos Aires through Sage Corps

I loved working with Parsimotion this summer. I learned a lot of Twitter Bootstrap, Jade, Sass, Angular JS, and basic software programming while working with a team of inspired and passionate entrepreneurs. It was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity to learn, grow, and expand my professional skill set.

The only suggestion that comes to mind would be to try to expand the pool of startups that participate in this program, particularly to include opportunites for students interested in other career paths.

An Invaluable Experience

As a student studying Business and Spanish, the Sage Corps Argentina program allowed me to practice my spanish speaking ability daily. Additionally, I was able to experience first hand the culture of working for a startup. As in any startup environment, the day-to-day work can variable, but this taught me the importance of being a self starter in the workplace. I was able to initiate and complete a comprehensive market research project on Peru during my time with OMLatam Academy, in addition to my other responsibilities. Also, having 10 other students in country working in similar situations offered a great support system and provided a network to be able to enjoy the great Argentinian nightlife. This experience is something I will be able to speak about and will remember for the rest of my life.

The program could benefit from a more cultural orientation. The week long orientation we underwent was beneficial from the standpoint of understanding the Latin American tech scene and understanding the workplace; however, the orientation failed to educate us on some essential components of Argentinian culture. That being said, these were things I had the opportunity to learn about during my time in country.

Catalyst in Jump Starting Your Career

Working with a startup in Buenos Aires taught me so much about the intersection of Latin American culture and business. Being thrown into an environment that both tested my ability to excel in a foreign business atmosphere and provide great work for my start-up was something I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. Sage Corps is 100% my catalyst on getting the full-time job offer I was seeking. The skills and values one obtains from pushing outside of one's comfort zone with Sage Corps are invaluable for any path you wish to pursue.

The matching process for companies was sometimes great and other times fairly arbitrary. However, after working with Sage Corps as an alumnus of the program, the new method for matching students with start up companies has been greatly improved to offer participants the best possible experience.

About Sage Corps

We know your type— the independent thinker, self-starter, and creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to go out of your comfort zone. You wouldn’t be on this website trying to find a global experience— and voluntarily go to a foreign country to work...