This program is no longer offered. View more programs from AIFS Australia.
AIFS Professional Internship Australia

AIFS Professional Internship Australia

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from AIFS Australia.

AIFS' Professional Internship Australia programme offers you the opportunity to gain professional experience in the Australian marketplace. With an AIFS internship you will improve your business language skills, build a network of valuable industry contacts and importantly add an international dimension to your CV.

AIFS understands that an internship is an important investment in your future. With 50 years experience in global cultural exchange, you can rest easy knowing that AIFS has the experience and the global reputation to help make your internship a rewarding and successful one.

The program is open to applicants from the following countries: France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Thailand and Sweden.

• Quality screening and placement - AIFS offers a limited number of Internships each year to ensure each intern receives expert advice, detailed resume revision and comprehensive support before, during and after each Internship.
  • Arrival service second to none your AIFS orientation delivered at AIFS' own center will give you advice and tips you need to make your internship a fulfilling one. You can also opt for AIFS' arrival package which includes airport pickup, 2 nights'ho
  • Dedicated AIFS centre another AIFS first! AIFS is the only agency with its own dedicated centre for Interns including free WIFI, a members only internet caf, lounge and travel desk.
  • Market leader AIFS is a leading global cultural exchange provider with their Australian internship program being one of the most well respected in Australia. With 50 years experience in cultural exchange programs AIFS is a global leader and you can
  • 24/7 Support moving to a new country can at times be difficult. AIFS' team is available to support you during those times and ensure that your experience is a rewarding one.
Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Language Requirement
Weekly Hours

Sina

Best Desicion ever!

The first time i walked through the streets of Sydney it was just amazing to me! I'm doing an internship in the marketing department of a cultural exchange program. My first work day was great! I've got fantastic collegues and a great mentor. She always helped me, if i got any questions. During my internship i've improved my English as well as my work experience.
I've learned to work with different program tools. I also was accountalbe for the social media programs, which helped us to gain more customers.
To work in a different country - which isn't your hometown is a challenge. But it helps you in so many ways!
Australia is such an amazing country and really worth visiting! And if you were so lucky that you also can work here, then you should do it! It's a different attitude to life in Australia and i only can say that i love that! The people here are more positive than in my hometown. I can't imagine that my great internship is over and i must leave this great place to live. So everyone who's think about doing an internship in Australia exactly in Sydney - Just do it!

No issues

Desy
Mascot, New South Wales
Australian Catholic University

Best experience I've ever had..

Be an open minded person to accept negative feedback, be friendly to your surrounding and try to adjust yourself to participate in the office's activities.

Pay more attention to learn new things and be motivated to gain knowledge as much as you can.

So far all good.
Nothing to be improved.

Sahil
Melbourne, Australia
University of Liverpool

Productive Internship

My internship was a very valuable experience. I learned how five star hotels run their marketing campaigns to attract customers and also did some real marketing for them.

I advertised and monitored the Hotel's pages on most popular websites for booking events from which I learned about online marketing. I also researched companies that can give potential business to the Hotel.

Moreover I also spent some time in the Hotel's banquet department learning how all the meetings are carried out and the efforts that have to give a five star service to the customers.

Overall I had a lifetime memorable experience and enjoyed everything I did.

Response from AIFS Study Abroad

Hello Sahil,

We are so pleased to hear how well your internship went.

We know you put a lot of thought and effort into the internship, well done!

All the best,

Amy Basha

Program Manager
AIFS Professional Internship

Yash
University of Technology

Internship experience

It was a great opportunity to work with a huge well established organisation in their head office at Sydney.
The projects assigned to me gave me the confidence to put my marketing skills to optimum use. I never felt that i was being over burdened with work and the whole experience proceeded in a very relaxing but exciting pace.

Saheed
London, UK
University of Westminster

Challenge yourself

The biggest challenge is settling in to both a new country as well as a new place of employment. You will definitely come out of it a more well rounded person.
The biggest highlight will be the variety of tasks you are faced with, both personally and professionally.

It would be beneficial to somehow be able to compare internships before accepting. Whether this be through reveiwing feedback from previous interns or being able to compare a number of internships before having to accept.

Jimita
Australia

Excellent internship provided by AIFS. A special thanks to Amy Basha

My professional experience as an intern at Sofitel Brisbane Central has been outstanding till now. Working as an HR has always been my dream after completing my Masters in Human Resources. This place provided me all the knowledge and practical experience as an HR which is going to be very useful for my career development. A special thanks to Amy Basha who helped in getting this best opportunity and helping me to start my professional career. The working environment has been excellent and everyone is very helpful both at the professional front and personal front. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity and it means a lot for starting my career in Human Resources in Australia.

According to me I dont think there needs to be any change in the program. For me, It has been absolutely perfect.

Zephyr
Macquarie University

friendly team

I have been help my team with different kind of works everyday, and all my team mates are very friendly to me, they have been very patient to me.
They makes me feel less stress being a new intern in the company.

They should be more organize to what i should do everyday, sometimes i have nothing to do but I feel like they can still teach me more.

Yernault

Amazing experience

My internship and my adventure in Sydney (during 3 months) was totally amazing !
Regarding the internship I discovered a lovelly and friendly staff. It was a multicultural company in Bondi Junction. The location was perfect (near shopping center, near my home stay, near the beach,...)
Regarding the adventure Sydney and Australia was simply amazing ! This is a beautiful country with a lot to do and to discover. The population is welcoming and very multicultural.

If I can change one thing it will be the length of the internship. Australia is so pleasant to just stay 3 months.

Kae
Tempe, AZ

Great Internship, Mediocre Support

I needed an internship in a short amount of time (6 weeks), which is what I found with AIFS. They were able to connect me with an employer in an industry I really wanted, and even pulled some connections to make it happen.

There was an orientation scheduled for me, but I found I was a little lost in a mix of many backpackers participating in other AIFS programs. The staff seemed overwhelmed, and I feel some details were missed. The worst was I thought they would help me source housing, but instead provided me with websites of how to find my own accommodations and/or roommates. I had to live in a hostel a week longer than expected in order to find decent housing on my own.

They had scheduled activities and mixers which was nice, and a centrally located office with internet access and staff for assistance, but I never really used it.

Overall, it was a decent program, but I'm independent and laid-back and I took a lot of matters into my own hands. For those who are new to travel or are particular about some details, it might not be the best program.

Response from AIFS Study Abroad

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that we were able to get your internship so quickly and in the industry that you wanted.

We wanted to also address your feedback about accommodation. We have a number of accommodation options, including homestay families which we organize for the intern if they prefer to have accommodation taken care of. We are continuously working on more ways we can support our interns and we are pleased that you gained so much from the internship.

Ubaid
Sydney Australia

Fantastic Program run by wonderful team

I never thought that I'll get the chance to do this internship. I contacted many companies before AIFS and all said no because I already been on visa 416 for my training on graduate course level.

All most I have decided to do internship in home country but in last i approached to AIFS to hear another 'NO' but that was my best try and I am here now. Perfectly handle my application and one day in morning my visa approval email beeps. Lovely to work here and learned lot, I am very much sure this experience will be useful for my entire life.

Personally Lots of Thanks to Amy who handled my entire process.

Thank you!!

All good

Au Pair in Australia and Au Pair in America are programs offered by the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), which is one of the oldest, largest and most respected cultural exchange organizations in the world. With offices in Europe, the USA, UK and Australia,