• Australia
    • Sydney
    • Melbourne
Industry
Advertising Architecture Art History Arts Design Fashion Design Film Journalism Marketing Media Relations

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

$2,950 USD
The program fee includes:

1. Internship Placement: an internship tailored to your career goals.
2. Personalized Coaching: career development workshop, revising your resume and portfolio.
3. Travel Support: We take care of your visa, insurance and housing. We also offer on-site support.
4. The Network: Join an international community. Attend our curated events and meet participants, alumni and creative professionals.
What's Included
Activities Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare
Feb 15, 2021
Sep 18, 2021

The ArtBound Initiative (ABI) program connects students and recent graduates with key players in the Melbourne and Sydney creative industry. ABI will help you secure your perfect internship and coordinate all travel logistics (including housing, internship visa, insurance, and more).

Internship destinations available in Australia:
- Melbourne
- Sydney

What types of internships do we offer?

We offer internships in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Social Media, PR, Illustration, Cultural Management, Fashion Design, Film and TV Production, Editorial, Journalism, VFX, Video Editing, Screenwriting, Architecture, Interior Design, and more in both Melbourne and Sydney.

Who will you work with?

Creative and advertising agencies, design studios, architecture firm, Film production companies, creative studios, art galleries, artist studios, fashion designers and more.

Program Highlights

• Intern in Melbourne and Sydney and get matched with the best company based on your career goals.
  • Join an international community of creative professionals
  • Become an insider in Melbourne and Sydney: We will send you the best events, venues and Instagram accounts to follow.

• 9-10 rating 82.35%
  • 7-8 rating 17.65%
Eliza

Professional Growth and Incredible Experiences with Artbound Initiative

Building a career within the creative industries had always seemed completely daunting, but Artbound Initiative gave me the tools, knowledge, and experience to launch into my professional journey. They connected me with multiple leaders in the industry and helped me to land an internship in Melbourne, which felt impossible as a graduate living in Perth. Melbourne really feels like an epicentre for the arts and the perfect place for me to start my writing career. Although my internship with ABI is complete, their ongoing guidance and ever-expanding network makes me excited for the places they'll take me in the future.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Moving to a new city by myself and living with strangers was fairly nerve-racking, but super rewarding!
Shruti

My Internship in Melbourne

I did my internship in Melbourne, I was placed in an Architectural company called EcoSphere and I got to work alongside the Principal Architect for the span of three months.

The Art Bound Initiative team, helped me throughout each and every process.

Laura took me through various coaching sessions that provided me with an insight into what I wanted for myself in the future, and also how I can work my way up to achieving my goals.

She helped me build my social presense, by giving me advice on having my own website, instagram page to show off my work as well as helping me with my resume and portfolio.

For me, travel, or living facilities didn't apply as I live in Melbourne, and I mostly worked from home because that's how the firm I worked at got their work done.
However i did build new networks, and new friends through the ABI Melbourne crew, as we would meet up and go to places around Melbourne giving us a chance to get to know other participants.
I also made friends with other people that also interned with the same company as me, and they gave me advice on how everything in the company worked, as they have more experience and we were able to support each other through it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I had to stand up for myself in front of the Principal Architect, that had to be the most nerve racking moment of the whole experience.
Shimmy

Art Bound Initiative Internship

My internship experience was really positive. I learned a lot by being in a professional environment and really treasure the relationship I got to form with my now mentor who helped me with my projects even after the internship had finished. I learned new professional skills such as building an Electronic Press Kit (aka. EPK), writing a call sheet for a shooting, developing a pitch for a movie project and much more. Due to the covid situation there were some limitations in activities we could do but overall it has been a very nourishing experience.

What was your funniest moment?
Being on set, organising set, doing research and getting professional advice on my project!
Olivia

Learning opportunity unlike any other

ABI have set me up for a wonderful career in the communications industry! They facilitated a placement with a great boutique agency, which refined my skill set and boosted my confidence as I entered the workforce full time.

Day-to-day activities included research and writing for social media and owned media assets. Predominately for beauty and lifestyle brands.

The office I was placed in was full of supportive women. They took an active interest in helping me develop my skills, understand the industry, as well as make connections within it.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Helping to run a 100 person event during the Sydney Cricket Ground Anzac Day game.
Jason

ABI Program

I had the opportunity to do an internship with HUSET furniture in Melbourne, through the ABI program.

The ABI team was there to help me in every step of the way, from identifying what kind of internship suits you, to preparing for interviews and preparing to start the actual internship itself. It really helped me be in the correct frame of mind and helped me focus

The program is not just for you to find an internship but also provides you a network of like-minded creatives. For example, the ABI team regularly schedules fun casual meet ups so you can meet with other creatives and makes friends wherever you are.

My internship with HUSET was a success. I was able to learn a lot as a professional, as well as build my technical skills. My role as a 3D product visualization specialist involves me modelling and rendering products in 3D software to create images for the company website. The fact that some of my images has been used on the company website is very satisfying!

I recommend the ABI program if you want to do an internship overseas as they really take care of you in terms of travelling, housing and connecting you with the right people. They also provide you with the necessary skills to thrive wherever you go.

The network connections you make is very valuable because you never know what doors it might open for you!
Caitlin

Life changing experience

I did my internship in Melbourne at a creative agency called Milkman. I was their for three months to learn more about copywriting and project management. It was the best experience of my life I was exposed to so many resources and experiences in the industry. I had the best mentoring which pushed me to become more than I could ever be.
My days would usually consist of waking up early to catch the train and tram to get to my destination. Then I would arrive and research the latest advertising and creative news to prepare me for the day. Then I would be given copywriting jobs and tasks for clients. During the day I would also receive mentoring and coaching for project management tasks, roles, and responsibilities

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The most surprising thing about this experience was how much I was exposed to so fast. I learnt so much in a short period of time and grew so fast within the company
Quentin

What an experience!

Although I did not go overseas, my domestic internship was an excellent experience! The team was very supportive of me and helped me through every aspect of my internship. The internship provided me with useful insights and the workings of being a marketer as well as running a marketing agency. The internship marketing team helped me every step of the way to ensure that I did not feel anxious or worried about my performance. They were also very helpful in designating me new tasks every week. I would recommend this to everyone!

Nothing, the whole program and experience was seamless and great!
Parya

Great first experience in Sydney!

ABI program gave me a starting point to build my future career in the creative industries. They started with understanding my academic and career objectives, then they showed me the path to it. They not only offered me their incredible network of other like-minded people and students, but also helped me in every step of my placement in Sydney from building my resume to finding me an internship. Even after the placement they would check in regularly to make sure everything’s going great. Definitely recommend it!

I would say trust the process and ABI group and their expertise. You’d love the outcome :)