Intern in one of Latin America's strongest economies while improving your Spanish Language skills. Home to more than six million people, Santiago is Chile’s industrial and financial center, and has a dynamic business sector, as well. Commute to work via the bus or metro, and step out for a lunch of caldillo de congrio (a traditional fish stew) or empanadas at the Mercado Central.
An IES internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your rsum, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Live in a homestay with a family or seora, who will help facilitate your language learning and integration into the Chilean community. 19 meals per week are provided.
- Get to know Santiago through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.