MTA Network - Internship in China

Internships in China
Internships in China
Internship in Qingdao

MTA Network is a foreign owned agency located in China. We offer unique internship placement opportunities in Chinese and international companies all over China.
We have positions available in Marketing, International sales, Engineering, IT, Design, Business Development and many more.The duration can vary from 3 to 6 months or more and it can even end up as a full-time permanent job.
Most of the internship positions are located in Qingdao and all are paid a salary of 1500 to 4000 RMB per month , plus other benefits such as visa and accommodation. The benefits are negotiable.
Contact us for more details about the available positions.

You don`t see anything matching your interests? Don`t worry.
Let us know what you are looking for and we will search it for you.

• Paid Internships
  • All-round assistance

Przemyslaw

MTA Internship in Finance

Most importantly, I was able to experience living in China not just travelling. This means a lot to someone who is trying to become fluent in the Language and wants to interact more with locals. This internship gave me the opportunity to integrate with the culture more, while improving my professional prospects through an internship in my field of interest (Finance).
I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their language skills, gain some professional experience, and meet people from different countries.
It is also great for travelling as the internships allow you to travel quite often, it is also easy to find people to travel with as you will be meeting other foreign interns.
There are frequent social events where you can have fun with other interns and explore some nice places in Qingdao.

Make sure to research your internship before you arrive so it meets your expectations.
Make sure you are ready to be in a totally different culture than the West, and be open minded about learning the language and the culture.
Simon

Job opportunity in Nanjing during 6 moths

MTA Networks helped me find an internship during 6 months in Nanjing. I worked as an overseas sales in a Trading Company in the clothing industry. Basically was constantly in relation with international clients and chinese factories.
It was th ebest experience I had so far. Now that I'm back in Paris I'm working on my own project, I can now have my own brand of clothes thanks to the experience I had with this internship.

Btw this China is where I developped a passion for photography, you can see some pictures i took from China on my instagram @french_cameradude
China is a dream place for photography.

Anyway you can trust MTA Networks to make you live a unique experience they have opportunities in export, finance, marketing, just name it. I recommend you have an interview with them to tell them what's on your mind and they will be likely to help you.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I tried everything in China including pig's brain and turtle soup. Sometimes we can have some good surprises, for example some chicken feet are really delicious. I would recommend to anyone going to Chna to be open minded and be a "Yes person", stop saying no and try, experience and make your own opinion.
Ceci

GREAT EXPERIENCE

I was a student and looking for an opportunity in China which could both give me some working experience and Chinese skills, which could possibily be affordable for my student pocket you know...
I found MTA, which was providing paid internships with the possibility of having all your visa expenses covered, together with your living and, if you were lucky, with the possibility of gaining a profit. I tried it on, with very low expectations, given the cost and everything else.
It turned out to be a great agency (still young and always trying to improve). They were always there for me whenever I needed help.
The internship I got was ok, I guess... I mean, I came here with no knowledge whatsoever about working in a company... So everything I learned was a plus for me. My suggestion is: don't complain about your job and be always up for something else to do. From my experience, I can say it worked! I started there as a mere translator from english to italian and in the end I learned some basic knowledge about SEO, I uploaded new products and content on the Italian and French website (translating also into French), together with taking care of the social medias and helping with the customer service too.

The communication, probably... I guess it's just cultural difference and once I understood it I never had issues with it.
Oh... and I'd try and figure out the money change at the end of the internship. I've already told the agency about that, though and I am sure they'll find a solution soon.
Pratyush

Incredible China

Working for MTA Network has been a great opportunity for me. The team is very dynamic and supporting. They always helped me in various things. I learned a lot about china with the help of my Chinese colleagues. I also experienced the cultures of other countries as the team is international. I would like to thank mta network for providing me the opportunity and also giving me the best memories of my life.
I would recommend MTA Network because these people are professional and right from the beginning till coming to china, they make the process smooth and easy. Even during the internship MTA is always with their intern. I will be missing the experience that i had in Qingdao and hope to come again someday.
Choose MTA Network for one of a life time experience😊

My Advice for the future travelers will be that be ready for an amazing experience. Both professionally and culturally. China can be a place of lots of shocking things of course but it's a beautiful country with beautiful people.
Marina

Discover the Chinese corporate world

Hello!
I'm French and I reaaaallly wanted to go to China to do an internship. I've been studying Chinese for years now but it's not enough. I though I needed a real life experience and internship would also teach me how to be with Chinese in the corporate world. However it is not that simple to find an internship in China in finance, my field of study. I struggled till my friend told me about MTA network. He found his internship thanks to them so I believed in it and went for it. They had one opportunity in finance so I took it. Without them it would have been so difficult or impossible to come here because China doesn't do internship so much. MTA took care of the visa papers you need to apply as a student, they have apartments in the city center for you, they come to pick you up at the airport and you can ask all of your questions when you have a problem. It is very relaxing when you arrive in a totally foreign country to have people for you!!

China is a totally different country, you'll be surprised many time, both in a good and a bad way, but it is an experience that is so worth living through! It is incredible, you grow up so much during that time. It is really open-minding and MTA makes it possible :)
Diana

Internship in Qingdao

MTA provides an easy, quick, trustable and safe way to find an internship suitable for your interests. They do not only follow the initial process but they also care your experience is going well during the internship and you can feel supported. Their team is likely to help you with the questions you might have before and during the internship. Their social network give you the chance to meet other interns from different countries performing similar activities and having similar interests, what allow an exchange that makes the overall experience more worthy.
This internship gave me the opportunity to have a closer approach to China, a different business culture, and explore a new industry too. This will not only add value to my resume but it also gave me a good personal experience.
Finally, choosing Qingdao for doing an internship is a good choice for it is a beautiful, safe, not very crowded city, you can find the merge of mountains and sea, and a very commercial city center.

Response from MTA Network(Paid Internships In China)

Thanks for the review, Diana ! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back and see us soon. Cheers!

Larry

Amazing Opportunity So Far

I have worked with MTA for over 7 months. The staff is very friendly and understanding. They set me up with an awesome company that has helped me grow not only as a professional but as a person as well. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. Aside from a couple of minor hiccups during the visa process, the overall experience has been pretty smooth.

The housing is pretty nice and located near the city center which makes access to nice restaurants and shops very convenient. MTA does a pretty good job of taking care of issues if any problems arise. Overall, if you want to take your career to the next level and experience China in all of its vast glory, MTA is the program for you.

The only issue that I would improve is some of the visa process especially for interns that are staying a year.
Response from MTA Network(Paid Internships In China)

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

ANTOINE

Come to Qingdao, it's nice.

When it comes to working abroad, there are 2 parameters to consider : the city and the work.

Qingdao is a pretty nice city, relatively unknown abroad. However, currently 11 million people live there. As such, the day life and the nightlife can be pretty active and you will have plenty of places to go as an expat even if your Chinese is not your strong suit. Concerning the city itself, it is rather diverse and you can do almost anything : if you want to you can go on the beach or in the mountains. The weather there is alright so there won't be any harsh winter or suffocating summer. Lastly, the transit system is convenient which is a big plus.

As for the work, I have the opportunity to work in China, in a Chinese company with a French boss, talking English with people from all around the world. You will learn a new business culture, which as its perks and its inconvenient.

On those two aspects, MTA does a really decent job of accommodating the interns. The staff will inform you of the popular places and give you advice on how to find your way in the city. If you have any issue, they will help you out. Regular events are held out in restaurants and else in order to meet the other interns. You will also have to take Chinese classes.
As a personal experience the staff is really helpful and responsive if you have any request, especially if you lose any important document during your stay.
As for the living condition, the apartments are oftentimes really close to the city center. The major downside is that the quality of the room are random. The major upside is that a maid cleans the apartment regularly.

Come to Qingdao, it's nice.

Alex

Marketing and Sales Intern

Throughout my 6 months, I gained some industry knowledge but most of what I learnt and gained occured outside of my work. My work did have some cool perks like travel and cultural experiences. However, outside of my work, this experience gave me the opportunity to network with people from all over the globe and gain some close friends. I also had the opportunity to learn a little bit of the local language which is a big advantage on my resume.
Coming to Qingdao through MTA is great because you already have everything organised and support when you need it. Anytime I had issues or questions about the city, someone was always there to help me. But the best part about MTA is that you have a network of other interns, in the same position as you, to share your experiences with. I've made some close friends throughout my time here and I'm now happy to have friends to visit all over the globe.

Naomi

Amazing new experience!

MTA was a great help during and before my internship in Qingdao China. MTA made sure to make me feel prepared. When arriving in China a lot will come at you at once, but with the help of MTA, I didn’t have to worry about anything.
Once contacting MTA, they will respond promptly and after a short interview, they will provide you with job descriptions in your field of interest. After getting hired, MTA will help you with your visa application and housing so you can step into the plane while not having to worry about anything.
Once arrived In China, MTA will guide you along the entire way. You will get welcomed at the airport by one of their employees who will bring you to your arranged housing and help you with e.g. your police registration, getting a public transport card and bank account.
MTA also makes it very easy to meet other interns, which makes you feel quickly at home and offers you language classes in their packages, which makes integrating into Chinese society a little easier. Of course, learning a language in such a short time is almost impossible, it does offer you an extra insight into the culture.
I would recommend MTA because of their support and assistant during the entire duration of your stay. When going through a difficult time, MTA was there for me 24/7 which my family and I appreciated a lot and I’m very grateful for.
Besides it being a great addition to your CV/resume, you will meet some great new people and have the time of your life. So take the shot and try something you may never have thought you would do before by going to China and MTA is a good partner to help you achieve this!

Thomas

Amazing experience

Everything was made easy for me and everything worked out! I had no troubles whatsoever, despite the fact that it can be very difficult and intimidating to try to find an internship in China. MTA seems to be a very safe choice for finding Chinese firms. Mine was also very good and working there was very fun. The Chinese classes are more or less mandatory due to the Visa.
Qingdao is also a great city and has more than enough sights for two month!
The service was very good, including pickup from the airport, setting up a bank account, getting a room, ect. It is also very easy to get in touch with other expats, especially if you have roommates! The events organised by MTA are also a great opportunity to meet new people.
All in all, I can recommend this program.

Vic

Fantastic Opportunity!

MTA provided me with the opportunity to come to China, one of the largest economies in the world! To work in this fantastic country has opened my eyes in both a business and cultural sense! I have made some great friends as well as some business connections.

MTA made the experience very easy and simple and my internship was sorted within a short period of time. The support you receive both before and during the placement is great, Raj and his team are great at what they do! MTA help you find and internship that is best suited to you and your requirements and provide a list of internships for you to chose from within the city!

It is a great experience to add to your CV as it makes you stand out from others. I would definitely recommend MTA to anyone who is looking for a great experience in a Chinese city that has it all!

Ashant

My Qingdao & Mta Experience

MTA made the whole process very easy and simple. Qingdao was a cool city to get a feel of China not as stressful as Beijing or Shanghai. MTA was like a family; interns and workers from MTA we chill party and have fun together. would definitely recommend to anyone looking to gain some experience living and working in China.

I would like to appreciate the placement at MTA for the efforts they made for providing a fair and ample amount of chances to me. After I submitted my application they contacted me promptly, they offered me a set of positions that could fit my profile, I chose one and after a positive interview with the company, MTA took care of all the burocracy and papers. They worked hard to provide me also with all the assistance that i required for my stay in China. I would recommend MTA to anyone who wants to have a compelling experience on his/her CV.

Prepare for fun and easy living in a funny city like Qingdao
marcello

Very good service

I would like to appreciate the placement at MTA for the efforts they made for providing a fair and ample amount of chances to me. After I submitted my application they contacted me promptly, they offered me a set of positions that could fit my profile, I chose one and after a positive interview with the company, MTA took care of all the burocracy and papers (including visa processing), making the experience very pleasant and smooth. They worked hard to provide me also with all the assistance that i required for my stay in China. An assistance was always ready to take care of any kind of problem (bank account, mobile card, accomodation etc.) anytime, even during the weekend. I would recommend MTA to anyone who wants to have a compelling experience on his/her CV. I am very happy with the overall experience.

Response from MTA Network(Paid Internships In China)

Dear Marcello,
Thanks very much for your balanced and fair review. I'm glad you felt choosing MTA was a great idea. It's something we've worked hard on and we're pleased our efforts resonated with you.
Yours sincerely,
Pooja Thakur

John
No, I don't recommend this program

MTA Network is a Terrible Company

These guys barley knew what they were doing. The paperwork process to get start the internship was terrible. The visa guy couldn't tell me anything. I was in Vietnam at the time and in Vietnam you have to pay bribes and waste hours standing in a line with who potentially don't know how lines are supposed to work (meaning that the shove and try to cut and whatnot) in order to get the student visa for China. The directions that I was given were really unclear so I contacted the guy to get clarification about exactly what I needed. He gave me the address of a website that looked like it was last updated in 2007. The website neither had directions for America, nor Vietnam. I told him this and he told me just to go wait in the line and not worry about it. I did all this and was not given the student visa because I already had a tourist visa for China.

He was the one who was handling the paper work and the Visa and everything. When I told him what happened he said "Well you never told me you had a tourist Visa." Yes. Of course. I'm not the guy who has an internship company who is supposed to be an expert at the rules and regulations. You probably should ask that question during the interview and paperwork process.

So I wasn't able to get the student Visa, I wasted about 3 weeks of my life, the expenses during those three weeks, and he would not give me a refund on what was his mistake. He should have refunded me the whole cost of the visa because it was his mistake, not mine.

Anyway, the internship sucked. Waste of time. That's not MTA Networks fault, but what is their fault is that they didn't deliver on anything that they said they were going to do. They said they would get me a Chinese bank account - they never did that. They said they would assist with any of my questions or concerns. I was in Hangzhou, they were based in Qingdao. Whenever I asked them a question they said that they would have to ask the Hangzhou people at my company. They didn't help at all, didn't refund me my money when I wasted $800 or $900 on the Visa process (they refunded me half, but I still paid $400 for a Visa that I never got, due to their mistake).

It was so bad that I quit after two months. I informed him that I was quitting and I got the landlord to agree to give the security deposit that I paid to MTA Network before the internship started. He wouldn't give me the money back before the internship was over. I asked why? He said "Because thats policy." That's a pretty bad reason. The landlord agreed to give permission to give me the money back, but he wouldn't because "of policy".

Nothing good came out of this. Do NOT do business with this company.

Response from MTA Network(Paid Internships In China)

Hello John,
We are sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We value our customer’s opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would also like to remind you that at the time of the interview we asked you whether you have visited China before for not to determine the visa you require to come to China. You told us that you never visited China despite having a 10-year Tourist visa for China. We sent you the required documents as we provide to all our interns and we also suggested you to go through the website of Chinese embassy in Vietnam or call or email them. You found out from the embassy that you already have an existing unused 10-year tourist visa so they cannot issue you another one on that basis we immediately tried to sort out your visa issue and as you did not have the required visa documents. We refunded the money to you as per our refund policy mentioned and the contract was signed by both the parties.

Regarding the bank account and other small help as we are not located in Hangzhou. Your hiring company promised us that they will provide the support and the same thing was mentioned to you and all three parties agreed on it.

Regarding the Deposit refund company agreed to pay you and we payed you back.

We are sorry for you not having a good experience during the internship. We have stopped working with their Hangzhou office due to this case so in future any intern should not have any bad experience.
Yours sincerely,
Pooja Thakur

Staff Interviews

About MTA Network(Paid Internships In China)

MTA Network is a student internship platform, located in the beautiful city of Qingdao. Chinese Companies engage us to find talents for them and hence our service is completely free of charge to students. Our Mission is to provide equal opportunity...