World Endeavors: Intern in England

Intern abroad in London
Intern abroad in London
Intern in England
Intern in England

For those interested in gaining experience in their field while spending time in an exciting and vibrant city, there is no better location than London, England. Interns can choose from a long list of available fields in which to gain hands-on experience. Outside the office, interns can explore the city, visit Big Ben, take a ride on the London Eye, or witness the changing of the guards. Visit the World Endeavors website for more information on how to get started on this amazing adventure!

Amy

Absolutely Amazing

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience here in London. Working at my internship was one of the main reasons why I believe it was so wonderful. My coworkers were/are amazing and I know I've made connections, friendships, and memories that will last a lifetime. I'm really going to miss everyone that I've met and all the lovely places I've been.

I never felt unsafe in London. I would go on evening runs in the Clapham area and never felt threatened or had a sense of insecurity. Of course you always need to have your wits about you, and watch what times you're out on the weekend (it's party central!). Everyone here is every helpful and friendly so if you have any questions, ask a local!

I'm going to miss London so much, and I can't wait to come back! Also, make sure to travel to countries outside of the GB too! Really convenient and not too expensive! I went to Belgium, Switzerland, and Ireland

I would allow us to be able to reach out to our host parents in advanced, of course not being over bearing or asking too many questions, but an informal introduction would have been nice.
Read my full story
Jade

I Would do it Again in a Heartbeat

The staff at World Endeavors was very helpful and friendly when it came to getting to London. There is A LOT of paperwork to fill out to get a visa and they are very knowledgeable about the whole process. The are a great resource.
My internship itself was a very eye opening experience, I learned more about the film industry in the 2 months, than I did my whole college career.

However, the program is for more independent people. The housing they provided was apartment style, but the building was full of people from all over the world. Mainly Europe, I was the only American in my entire building. Some of my flatmates came to England to learn English, so communication could be hard because they were still learning. The first week or two it was difficult to make friends because of the language barrier. But, we figured it out and made things work.

This is not like a school trip where there are plans made for you to sight see every day, you decide what you want to see and you have to make it happen. This is what I loved about the trip, I had a job to go to 8 hours of the day and then the rest of time I got to see what I wanted and do exactly what I wanted.

I would have liked to have someone meet me at the airport. Arriving in a new city after a long plane ride and then having to navigate with all my luggage by myself was intimidating. I was have liked to have someone with me that knew where I was going.

Location:
Gatwick
( LGQ )
London Stansted
( STN )

London, although typically regarded for its architecture and city lifestyle, is made up of 40% public green space in the form of incredibly lush parks. London has created an environment where you can spend the day enjoying city life and then escape to Primrose hill, the Thames, or a walk by the canals.

Alumni Interviews

About World Endeavors

World Endeavors was founded in 2002 with a single volunteer program in Nepal. Today, World Endeavors offers unique and immersive intern and volunteer programs in over twenty countries around the world, with new programs being added each year. We are...