ISA Internships in London, England

London’s rich history provides depth to every field—be it film, research, or business—as well as an English speaking population that makes navigating the cultural difference of your internship dandy!
Interning in England gives you the opportunity to explore your field of interest from a new cultural and a new temporal perspective. Interning in England is a particularly strong location for Education, Business, and Marketing, and Film and Media. All applicants should be aware that internships in England are very competitive and strong educational and experiential background are advised.
London is considered to be one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and any intern will
immediately notice the great diversity found within the city. London residents and visitors alike hail from around the world and combined speak over 300 languages. Don't be surprised if during your first days in London you are asked for directions; as you simply cannot tell a local from a foreigner.

• Receive personalized advising on career opportunities, resume and cover letter revision, interview coaching and receive academic credit.
  • Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation. Highlights included a double decker bus tour and tour of Notting Hill.
  • Get matched with an international internship that suits your specific experiences, skills, and professional goals. Your internship placement will be confirmed BEFORE departure.
  • Benefit from the ISA office, enjoy the company of your fellow ISA interns and ISA students, and use the Wi-Fi Internet provided at the ISA office.
  • Gain access to the Professional Development Toolbox, which includes resources to identify the skills and knowledge you have acquired through your international, academic, and personal experiences.

Ali

Famous People

The throughout the internship and my adventures I kept a journal of everything I had done so that weeks from then, I would be able to reread what I had wrote and remember in full detail what had happened. I had a lot of great experiences and lasting impressions. I met some amazing people through my internship that I was lucky enough to work with. One of the stories I have to share was even more important to me by the time I got back to the US. I had the opportunity to hold the boom mic to Maisie Williams interview about a project we were working on (the BFG Dream Jar Trail). At the time, I knew that she was in the Game of Thrones, but I had never actually seen it. The way she conducted herself in the interview and the way she spoke was actually a whole different experience than I ever had before. I knew that I had to watch the Game of Thrones as soon as I got back to the US (considering I didn't have access to previous seasons in London). When I got back to the US, I binged the Game of Thrones in under a weeks time. Every time I saw Maisie Williams' character, Arya, on the screen, I was a bit upset with myself for not watching the show sooner. Then again, I would have been fangirling over how much of a bad ass she is so it's for the best that I didn't. During the interview, I could tell my coworkers were trying to keep their composure as well.

Have more people in the office, or at least there when we get off work so we could pick up mail or discuss problems or even something else with them.

About ISA Internships & Service-Learning

ISA Internships & Service-Learning provides participants unique experiential learning programs abroad. ISA Internships focuses on finding participants high-quality, customized professional work experiences in a wide variety of career fields. Through...