View Other Details
Intern in one of the world's highest regarded cities for culture and international business. Walk or take the bus through the city’s vibrant streets, or hop on the Métro to get to work. Lunchtime means quiche or a sandwich au jambon in a nearby café—with a warm pain au chocolate for dessert.
An IES internship develops your professional skills, your ability to communicate across cultures, and provides substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today’s competitive job market.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your rsum, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Live in a French homestay in the city of Paris or its surrounding suburbs. Breakfast daily and three evening meals per week are provided.
- Get to know Paris through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
Our program guarantees an internship placement at a local business or organization where you’ll work at least 25 hours per week. We've placed Paris interns in fields such as the arts, business, and tourism, while also showing them the sights and sounds of France. You will also enroll in a required 3- or 6-credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns, where you’ll gain context for the internship placement by examining cultural issues in the workplace.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.